Test Board.

Posted by Xenos

I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the test board recently. According to Iris, "It's an excuse to spam." And I pretty much agree with her. So, what to do?

Posted by Iris

It really isn't necessary. You can check font colors an signatures and all that crap in your posts and User CP. It's just being used to place crappy threads. Either delete or get some one to mod it.

Posted by Fate

It does generate a lot of posts, though. No doubt someone should moderate. Iris?

Posted by Klarth

I dunno. I would say people can test whatever they like just by hitting the preview button, but then again, what if someone wants to test poll mechanics or something? I'm nary too sure about what should be done.

Posted by Shin-Ra

It's a test board. The posts don't count... and it's used for testing. Seriously, did anyone not expect it to be a place for spam? I don't think it's a big issue, as I don't see anyone going through test threads looking for conversation, and there's no need for actual content in the test posts so there's really no way to determine if it's "spam" or not. Even if it is spam, it doesn't matter. It's the Test board. I'm sure if something's too bad in there, someone would report it.

Or we could mod some overly eager person, completely undeserving of any mod position and watch as they over moderate the Test board in their quest for internet coolness. I like this idea more.

Posted by Klarth

I've just realised something: So what if it's full of spam? If you don't post there or view it, it shouldn't actually affect you. It's a statistics bin for Jesse, and that's all that matters to him, apparently. I can see how spam'd be annoying if we were talking about OT here, but heydiddles, we're not.

I change my vote to "leave it". It'd make no difference.

this was in no way in response to gar's post

Posted by Fate

Some people genuinely need help, though. :/

Posted by sabre

I quite honestly don't care.

Posted by Echo

I don't see why anything has to be done. I mean, it's not really hurting anything there. Just leave it alone.

Posted by Big Boss

There's no reason to add a moderator to it or delete the forum. The Test forum has always been a place where spam is present, but that doesn't matter. If you want to test vB code or anything else in the forum, you make your own thread without bothering to look at any of the others. As it has been stated before, the Test forum isn't a place to debate anything, so spam doesn't need to be controlled. Even if someone spams the thread you make there, it hardly matters, as the Test forum is usually there to mess around with your own posts. The Test forum is not a place to get information on how to post something either, as we have the Board Help and Suggestions forum, and the F.A.Q., for that purpose. The Test forum, true to its name, serves merely to test stuff. That's it.

However, there's always the possibility that a moron may post a terribly inappropriate picture in someone else's thread. Say, a recently-registered 13-year-old girl decides to try out her pink font color in her new thread at the Test forum, but one of these mindless idiots who love to post horribly graphic pics decides to add a nice picture of a wide open, bleeding as[color=yellowgreen]s
hole in her thread for everyone to see. While this rarely happens, it is a possibility. Having a mod for this seldom occasion seems ineffective, so I suggest giving posters the ability to close their own threads exclusively in the Test forum. If it can be done, we should suggest members, in an appropriate manner such as the rules thread, to close their own thread in the Test forum before they start to try out stuff. That way, only the thread starter would be able to make new posts in the thread, if needed be.[/color]