What Color Gamecube do/did you have?

Posted by Random

Just curious which Color Gamecube you Purchased.

My first Gamecube was Platinum because I wanted it to be different. Both my Xbox and Playstatoin 2 were Black so I didn't purchase a black one and I didn't care for Colbalt or anything else. So I purchased a Platinum Colored Gamecube. I remember opening it up with my Metroid Prime Game. The Happiness I had at that point..

My second Gamecube I bought was Colbalt due to the fact that Gamestop was out of Platinum and Black Colored Gamecubes and I decided not to be picky.

If you don't have a Gamecube now, then tell me which color you had. And if you've had multiple. Just curious as to what people swerved for.

Posted by Last Fog

I have a black one. At the time platinum wasn't out yet, it was just black and purple, otherwise I would have gone for a platinum.

Posted by Arczu

Black. Even though there is platinum out there, I want Component out so my games look good.

Still proud of it.

Posted by Random

My cousin Purchased a Black one to match his already Black Xbox and already Black Playstation 2. I guess keeping it black.

Later on I got a Green XBox which I had to sell due to Bills, but I had a Green Xbox, Blue Gamecube and Black PS2. I don't really care for the same color for all my consoles.

Posted by Ant

Black too. I had to choose between purple and black, so I went with black. Which in the long run worked out for matching with my future PS2 Purchase. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Posted by Max Mouse

The first GameCube I bought was purple. After it stop working I decided to get a black one.

Posted by RedLeprechaun90

mine is black

Posted by TheSpider

I used to have a purple one but it stopped working so I got a platinum

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I bought a first generation GC, so my choices were purple or black... obviously I got black.

Posted by -Shadow-

Black

Posted by inequity

I bought my gamecuber the day it was released. All they had left was black.

Posted by Thingy

the store i bought it at only had blue.:(

Posted by Random

am I the only one who had a Platinum?

Posted by coromoro

I got the black one, and I'm glad I did. Of the few different colours that have been released, it is definitely my favourite. :cool:

Posted by Corrupt

The original one I purchased back in 2001 was black, and after that one stopped working some time later, I bought another one, and I'm sure you can guess what color it was: black.

The reason why I even had to buy another one in the first place was because I was ignorant enough to leave the system on top of my cable box, which cut off the air supply that cooled down the cable box and simultaneously fried my Gamecube. Durr.

Posted by Sean Fury

I got the Platinum one because of that stupid special offer they did. I really wanted a black one though, it stands out too much.

Posted by Random

See now I didn't want to have all my consoles the same color. My cousin had his PS2, Xbox and GC all black. Kind of boring and plain really. However I had both a black xbox and PS2, then a Platinum Gamecube. Later on sold my Black Xbox for a Green one. I like to switch up on colors. I would have liked to have seen an orange Gamecube to be honest. Or a golden rare colored Gamecube. But it's just color. Color doesn't make the console.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

My first gamecube was the original "purpleish" color. Then I sold it for some reason. Then a year after that (or so) I bought a black one. I got a super deal on it. $40 dollars for the system, a controller, all the hook-ups, a memory card, and SSMB. :D

Posted by obryen

I got a black, myself, with black controllers and the black memory card. I like the color scheme of light gray on matte black, and I just think the color suits the console anyway. Besides, black doesn't show dust as well, so I can pretend I'm keeping it clean.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: I bought a first generation GC, so my choices were purple or black... obviously I got black.

Yeah.

Posted by Megatron

I got indigo because it was the last GameCube in the store.

Posted by Apathetic

PURPLE!!1!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I wanted the Platinum, and luckily when I went to purchase a GC, there only was platinum. Matches my SP, but not my DS. :(

Posted by ka55ie

I got a black one.

Posted by thelaststand

platinum

Posted by The Punisher

Jet Black.

Posted by Roth

Black... because that's how I like my night-times.

Posted by Raquel

I had a purple one. Ended up giving it to a friend of mine.

Posted by linkmaster

platinum,I also have 4 platinum wavebirds

Posted by CS Ryan

Platinum.

Posted by Panda

I have a blue game cube.:-D

Posted by Nintendo Girl

Platinum- only $99!

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Well...I first bought a purple gamecube...and then I sold it. After about a year I really wanted a gamecube again...so I bought a black one :D

Posted by Moogs

I had a Black one and now I have Platinum one.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

platinum. I only buyed that GC for zeldaT.P.

Posted by Klarth

Mine's black. Got it about six or seven months after launch. Planning on pawning it or something soon.

Posted by Axis

Platinum. I got it because I wanted to be different and it I got the deal where I got Super Mario Sunshine for free.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Axis]because I wanted to be different
Heheheh. Owning anything Nintendo-branded is "different" over here.

Posted by boomstick

Purple

Posted by junior senior

Indigo. I didn't want Jet Black.

Posted by Fragliche

Silver. I almost never use it anymore, but I keep it on my desk with my other systems for the day I might use it again.

Posted by PhageTheUntouchable

Purple :O

Posted by Dragner

My first on was black, then I got the platinum.

Posted by Fox McCloud

My GC was black.

Posted by Black Chaos

Mine was jet-black.

Posted by Colonel

i got indigo, i kinda like it.

Posted by Red

I might get Black cuz its cool, but I personnally dont mind that purple-like original colour, that was the colour of my first GBA

Posted by Big Boss

I got a black one when Super Mario Sunshine came out. After it broke, I bought a Platinum one. Sadly, it's one of the newer models that didn't support progressive scan.

Posted by Zeta

Black. Like my soul.

Posted by iori_yagami

The original color.

Posted by Pit

Quoting iori_yagami: The original color.

There's two original colors, ***.

Black for me.

Quoted post: Black for me.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

Posted by JonMB

I had a Black first. It started giving errors after a year of having it.

I sent it in for repair, and Nintendo sent me a brand new Platinum. Then a month later they also sent me my Black one and it was fixed! I sold the extra Black one and kept the Platinum.

Then about 6 months ago or so I sold my Platinum Gamecube, and now I just occasionally play on my sister-in-law's.

Posted by MicroSony

Black

Posted by supercowman34

black

Posted by holy_flare

Mine is purple.

Posted by Raquel

I bought one around Christmas time, and it's black. I used to have a purple/blue one but my ex wanted it at the time, and I let him keep it.

Posted by SaintNerevar

My first one was black but then i had to buy a new one because mine was stolen. i now own a platinum gamecube.

Posted by NeXidala

I have a purple Gamecube.

Posted by GameMiestro

Purple. It nicely matches the purple controllers, purple add on screen, and purple GBA used for linking (the cable, by the way, is purple).

Posted by TheSorrow

purple

Posted by Samusfreak

My Game Cube is purple

Posted by Kit

I have a purple one. They were out of black at Woolworth's, suprisingly.

Posted by OniRadience

I had a black one; I gave that one to my girlfriend. Now I have a platinum/silver one.

Posted by Uzmutt

Black, but it's dying so I'm hoping to get a silver one

Posted by sabre2922

I had two gamecubes one blue and the last one was a special edition metroid silver -wish i still had that one

Posted by Dexter

Special edition Metroid silver? What is that? Is that just regular silver? :confused:

Posted by Duez_The_Cat

I got basic Platinum. No bonus games or nothing.
I wish I could have the Pokemon XD version though *sighs*

Posted by karateteen14

I have a silver one and my brother, who barely touches it, has a purple

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

i origaly got a purple one when they 1st came out. then i sold it and bought a black one later on, witch i still have.

Posted by muffla

i got a silver one for christmas sold it, bought another silver sold it and got a wii

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Big Boss;208972][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]I got a black one when Super Mario Sunshine came out. After it broke, I bought a Platinum one. Sadly, it's one of the newer models that didn't support progressive scan.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote=Zeta;209026]Black. Like my soul.

[quote=Pit;209831]There's two original colors, ***.

Black for me.

[quote=JonMB;210367]I had a Black first. It started giving errors after a year of having it.

I sent it in for repair, and Nintendo sent me a brand new Platinum. Then a month later they also sent me my Black one and it was fixed! I sold the extra Black one and kept the Platinum.

Then about 6 months ago or so I sold my Platinum Gamecube, and now I just occasionally play on my sister-in-law's.

[quote=MicroSony;211737]Black

[quote=supercowman34;242397]black

[quote=Raquel;249755]I bought one around Christmas time, and it's black. I used to have a purple/blue one but my ex wanted it at the time, and I let him keep it.

[quote=SaintNerevar;342318]My first one was black but then i had to buy a new one because mine was stolen. i now own a platinum gamecube.

[quote=OniRadience;421832]I had a black one; I gave that one to my girlfriend. Now I have a platinum/silver one.

[quote=Uzmutt;423593]Black, but it's dying so I'm hoping to get a silver one

[quote=EvilDeadGamer;603955]i origaly got a purple one when they 1st came out. then i sold it and bought a black one later on, witch i still have.

[quote=Big Boss;208972][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]I got a black one when Super Mario Sunshine came out. After it broke, I bought a Platinum one. Sadly, it's one of the newer models that didn't support progressive scan.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote=Zeta;209026]Black. Like my soul.

[quote=Pit;209831]There's two original colors, ***.

Black for me.

[quote=JonMB;210367]I had a Black first. It started giving errors after a year of having it.

[quote=MicroSony;211737]Black

[quote=supercowman34;242397]black

[quote=Raquel;249755]I bought one around Christmas time, and it's black. I used to have a purple/blue one but my ex wanted it at the time, and I let him keep it.

[quote=SaintNerevar;342318]My first one was black but then i had to buy a new one because mine was stolen. i now own a platinum gamecube.

[quote=OniRadience;421832]I had a black one; I gave that one to my girlfriend. Now I have a platinum/silver one.

[quote=Uzmutt;423593]Black, but it's dying so I'm hoping to get a silver one

[quote=EvilDeadGamer;603955]i origaly got a purple one when they 1st came out. then i sold it and bought a black one later on, witch i still have.

[quote=Last Fog;120185]I have a black one. At the time platinum wasn't out yet, it was just black and purple, otherwise I would have gone for a platinum.

[quote=Arczu;120217][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Black. Even though there is platinum out there, I want Component out so my games look good.

Still proud of it.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=Random;120243]My cousin Purchased a Black one to match his already Black Xbox and already Black Playstation 2. I guess keeping it black.

Later on I got a Green XBox which I had to sell due to Bills, but I had a Green Xbox, Blue Gamecube and Black PS2. I don't really care for the same color for all my consoles.

[quote=Ant;120422]Black too. I had to choose between purple and black, so I went with black. Which in the long run worked out for matching with my future PS2 Purchase. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

[quote=RedLeprechaun90;120471]mine is black

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;120553]I bought a first generation GC, so my choices were purple or black... obviously I got black.

[quote=-Shadow-;120560]Black

[quote=MackSlovack;120614]I bought my gamecuber the day it was released. All they had left was black.

[quote=coromoro;123336][COLOR=limegreen]I got the black one, and I'm glad I did. Of the few different colours that have been released, it is definitely my favourite. :cool:[/COLOR]

[quote=Corrupt;123339]The original one I purchased back in 2001 was black, and after that one stopped working some time later, I bought another one, and I'm sure you can guess what color it was: black.

The reason why I even had to buy another one in the first place was because I was ignorant enough to leave the system on top of my cable box, which cut off the air supply that cooled down the cable box and simultaneously fried my Gamecube. Durr.

[quote=obryen;130503]I got a black, myself, with black controllers and the black memory card. I like the color scheme of light gray on matte black, and I just think the color suits the console anyway. Besides, black doesn't show dust as well, so I can pretend I'm keeping it clean.

[quote=ka55ie;134730]I got a black one.

[quote=The Punisher;134972]Jet Black.

[quote=Roth;135488]Black... because that's how I like my night-times.

[quote=Moogs;175780]I had a Black one and now I have Platinum one.

[quote=Klarth;186250]Mine's black. Got it about six or seven months after launch. Planning on pawning it or something soon.

mine is also black

Posted by mis0

I'M AN INDIGO REBEL.

Posted by Sakaki-chan

Black PS2+ Black N64= Black Gamecube.
Yesh.

Posted by TMNT Freak

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I definitely think that black was the way to go with the Game Cube.[/COLOR]

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah, I have a black Gamecube. ;_;

Posted by elle

Purple. I bought it when it first came out, like all of the Nintendo products I own. It's also my favorite color, and not too often is purple one of the first colors of a game system.

Posted by Fort Shino

Black. Looks better in my old house.

Posted by Blaklord20

silver wth pkmn XD plate

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Silver, but then it got stolen, and then we got black.

Posted by Xero

Man. I thought everyone had the blue one.

*looks at his blue GC*

Didn't really care about the color when I bought it. Ended up with a blue one.

Posted by scylla

I have a purple one & a silver one.

Posted by David M. Awesome

Black. And all of my controllers are black. Except the wavebird, which I don't use.

Posted by Breakman

black

just like my soul..............................................................................

*eats some hawaiian punch fruit candies*

Posted by AbsoluteZero

Mine was Black then I got a Platinum one when it broke

Posted by #061402

Yeah, I got the black one too. Thought about getting a Platinum... then I remembered I wasn't getting enough money to buy it when it came out. And I wasn't very interested in the Mario Soccer game, either.

Posted by Jillian

Indigo, I got it as a gift so I didn't have much choice.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Purple. I didn't have a choice, either.

Posted by O.T.L

Purple, got the cube as a christmas present when they came out. Smash Bros Melee ftw. good times :)

Posted by urahara4434

i got a black one, but after my sister got the platinum, i really wanted that one. never got it though... oh well...

Posted by That one person

I got the black one first, then plantinum came out and I decided to get it.

Posted by Vasioth

I just bought a GameCube so it would play my GameCube Games. Apparently there's a colour trend about it or some crap, doesn't really affect how it runs/graphics apparently...

Oh, did I mention its Purple? No? ****.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Didn't want to get the Wii I take it?

Posted by Vasioth

Nah I got a Wii anyhow. For the simple fact of how much I had heard about No More Heroes the game and about how awesome it was. It turned out people were right about that game ^^ .

Posted by WillisGreeny

Did you buy the Wii after you bought the Gamecube? The would **** me off, financially.

Posted by Vasioth

No silly XD I got a Gamecube when it first got released, that's what I meant =D .

Though I could do that if I wanted to... but then I would rather waste my money on Tenga toys? Maybe not...

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Vasioth: I just bought a GameCube

Sounded like you bought it recently.

I plan on buying another Wii as soon as some colored ones appear. That or I'll buy another Wii and decorate it. idk It would be cool to have two Wii's.

They sell Gamecubes at my flea market for $50 bucks, but there useless because I have my Wii.

Posted by Vasioth

Quoting oswaldothelegend: Sounded like you bought it recently.

I plan on buying another Wii as soon as some colored ones appear. That or I'll buy another Wii and decorate it. idk It would be cool to have two Wii's.

They sell Gamecubes at my flea market for $50 bucks, but there useless because I have my Wii.

If you read it all properly it just states that I bought it to play gamecube games, and not because its colour. So that practically means it could have A)Been bought at any time or B)Bought recently. It was the A) Option when it first got released I bought it 2 weeks after...

Posted by Toasty

I had a Black GameCube from a friend off a trade for an Ipod Nano. It had good games with it but I don't remember them other than there were two Resident Evil games. I gave it away to someone for $20.

Then I got another GameCube, which was silver and for free, from my cousin. I ended up giving away that one too. I just can't seem to keep a GameCube no longer than a week.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Want my purple one for 20 bux?

Posted by Vasioth

My Gamecube broke :'( ... I spilt Malibu on it last night while playing Resident Evil 0. Don't know if I should bother buying a new one now that I have a Wii =\ ..

Posted by Klarth

I got a black gamecube

It is black like my soul

And the souls of my favourite j-rock guitarists

getting rid of consoles is for fags

Posted by Ant

agreed. although it serves no real purpose anymore, I'm still glad to have the little guy.

Same, with all my consoles. A few don't work, the others just collect dust but I like knowing they're there. For whatever reason.

Posted by NeXidala

My first Gamecube was purple, but it's broken now.

I'm debating whether or not I should go ahead and buy another one because there's a few games that I left unfinished on there.

hahahaha

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Gamecubes sell for

she already had one though, which means she had to've played those. And once was enough for both of them.

Posted by neofreak91

Black a launch. day

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: she already had one though, which means she had to've played those. And once was enough for both of them.

Yeah, I've played them. But from time to time I like re-playing them, they're rather appealing games to me.

And, I also left Twilight Princess unfinished and I don't have a Wii so I'd like to finish that, among others, as well.

Posted by Vasioth

You won't be surprised much by playing Twilight Princess if you've played any other Zelda game and enjoyed them. This'll do the opposite to you most likely.

I re-bought one >.< hopefully this one doesn't break this time.