XBox360 Launch Game List

Posted by Random

Thanks to IGN for this Article. Here are games launching with the 360.

Amped 3 (2K Games)

Call of Duty 2 (Activision)

Condemned (Sega)

Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)

Final Fantasy XI (Microsoft)

Full Auto (Sega)

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (Ubisoft)

Gun (Activision)

Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)

Madden NFL 06 (EA)

NBA 2K6 (2K Games)

NHL 2K6 (2K Games)

The Outfit (THQ)

Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft)

Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)

Quake 4 (Activision)

Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)

Saints Row (THQ)

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)

Top Spin 2 (2K Games)

And Later on a Second Wave of Launched Games coming shortly after include:

Burnout Revenge

FIFA Soccer 06

Peter Jackson's King Kong

NBA Live 06

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

EB Games also has Halo 3 scheduled for July 1st, 2006, presumely the day the PS3 Comes out. Heres the link!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/641/641086p1.html

Posted by Skitzo Control

Looks as if The Hammer has four games to look forward to: PD, Elder Scrolls IV, DOA 4, and PGR 3.

Posted by Axis

Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, PGR3, Oblivion, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, and Ridge Racer 6. Alright!

Posted by Random

I myself was rather suprised to see Kameo, Perfect Dark and Final Fantasy XI all being Launch Titles. Figured they'd come out later. It's a smart move though to gain Buyers.

Posted by Necrololicon

I thought Gears of War was a launch title. Now I'm hesitant to purchase a 360 at launch.

Posted by boomstick

Looks pretty nice, though I'm sorry to see that Dead Rising is absent from there.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I thought Gears of War was a launch title. Now I'm hesitant to purchase a 360 at launch.

Late '06 release I think. Could be wrong.

Anywho, depending on how the final releases shape up, I'll be getting:

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Dead Or Alive 4
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
NHL 2K6
Perfect Dark
Condemned

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Condemned, Perfect Dark, Elder Scrolls IV, Saints Row. I doubt I'll get all of those but they are the ones that I'm looking forward to the most. I really wish that Gears of War was a launch title.

Quoted post: I really wish that Gears of War was a launch title.

If it means they can improve the game even more, I can wait a few more months.

Edit:

Quoted post: RUMOR #3: EBGames.com has leaked the list of launch titles for the Xbox 360.

Source: Numerous online sources.

The official story: See below.

What we heard: Apparently, rumors of a release date for the Xbox 360 aren't enough--gamers want to know what games will be available for the next-gen console when it hits stores. While some games are almost certain to be launch titles (Project Gotham Racing 3, Ridge Racer 6, Kameo: Elements of Power) nothing has been absolutely confirmed. A listing on EBGames.com, however, shows a healthy list of titles shipping on November 1. Gaming sites immediately picked up on this and promptly declared "Xbox 360 launch lineup revealed?" The EB Games Web site often lists product pages for upcoming games, and have indeed been a great source for revealing games, release dates, and platforms. Most of the time. In fact, many of the Xbox 360 game listings include the fine print "The ship date and retail price have not been confirmed and therefore are subject to change." Further investigation specifically about the list yielded this comment from an EB Games rep, "All dates are estimates as vendors have confirmed nothing yet. As soon as we get the information from them we will update the system." When GameSpot spoke with Peter Moore at this year's E3, he mentioned that "up to 40 games would be available at launch." He then defined "launch" as a period of three months from the console's release. The likelihood of all these games being available the day the 360 hits shelves? Not good.

Bogus or not bogus?: This is a solid, concrete, definite, mostly Bogus (okay, now we're covering our bases). Sure some of these games will go home with day one sales of the Xbox...the question is which ones.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/12/news_6131006.html

Quoted post: RUMOR #3: EBGames.com has leaked the list of launch titles for the Xbox 360.

Source: Numerous online sources.

The official story: See below.

What we heard: Apparently, rumors of a release date for the Xbox 360 aren't enough--gamers want to know what games will be available for the next-gen console when it hits stores. While some games are almost certain to be launch titles (Project Gotham Racing 3, Ridge Racer 6, Kameo: Elements of Power) nothing has been absolutely confirmed. A listing on EBGames.com, however, shows a healthy list of titles shipping on November 1. Gaming sites immediately picked up on this and promptly declared "Xbox 360 launch lineup revealed?" The EB Games Web site often lists product pages for upcoming games, and have indeed been a great source for revealing games, release dates, and platforms. Most of the time. In fact, many of the Xbox 360 game listings include the fine print "The ship date and retail price have not been confirmed and therefore are subject to change." Further investigation specifically about the list yielded this comment from an EB Games rep, "All dates are estimates as vendors have confirmed nothing yet. As soon as we get the information from them we will update the system." When GameSpot spoke with Peter Moore at this year's E3, he mentioned that "up to 40 games would be available at launch." He then defined "launch" as a period of three months from the console's release. The likelihood of all these games being available the day the 360 hits shelves? Not good.

Bogus or not bogus?: This is a solid, concrete, definite, mostly Bogus (okay, now we're covering our bases). Sure some of these games will go home with day one sales of the Xbox...the question is which ones.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/12/news_6131006.html

Posted by KoH

I have SO much to look forward to. Next year is going to be awesome. :)