Boudokai3:Competitive Capsule and Battle Strats

Posted by Cyphus

Ok...well i know there are a million other DBZB3 thread already..most of them are just talking about wether they like the game or not. This won't be a thread for that. Its a thread for those of us who DO like the game, and play or are interested in playing at a high skill level.
I'll start us off w/ some basic competitive info that should help the noobs.
Hopefully once we get enough participants we can compare and discuss our own strats.

CASULE INFO
First and foremost...capsules are important. Let me be the first to opinion that with only a few tiny exceptions...all capsule combinations are Not cheatful and can be either strategically used and/or countered, or simply statistically useful and not able to be countered. It all depends on how much you like to gamble or how clever you can be to manipulate them to their potential. What you set your health to, greatly influences an items usefulness too. Standard health is 3 meters, w/ a Full Senzu bean (4 slots) recovering 3 health meters and all ur energy. But if you play w/ 7 health meters....a senzu bean becomes basically.......required, if the oponent uses one. Which of course is looked down apon, because if both players use an identical item to only stale...they are using precious slots that could be used for actual Strategy instead.

Now these are just my opinion...but as far as "cheatful" or "lack of skill required for a huge advantage" goes....Full Senzu Bean and Heart Virus/Vaccine combo are deffinately cheap.
YES..u can shoot the vaccine out of their hand apon their use, but if they have a brain, their first combo will be a short, knock-down one, so they have plenty time to take the Vaccine w/out that risk.
Senzu beans run the same way, except they are obviously opposital in strategy...u want to use them late as possible. The more Health you have...the meanier SenzuBean and Heart Vaccine become...because w/ only 3 health, it is obvious the battle won't last all that long enough for them to be staled. And w/ 7 health meters..you are more flexible to use the bean.

Likewise...items that increase your stats for a temporary amount of time, are obviously more valuable at lower health increments where they will be more useful a higher percent of the game. While in a long run of tons of health..they barely make scratch, whereas just doubling up on special attacks would eventually add up to mrore damage throughout the battle.

COMBOS
Once you progress from normal strings into energy finishers, and realize the use of canceling a combo string, then starting a 2nd whle they are still stunned from the middle of first(takes experimentation), things can start to get ugly.
this can be repeated for quite a long time, as long as the oponent isn't comboed by the same combo string twice(because if he is..he is automatically put in the air to make any follow ups harder if not impossible)
As an example, Kid Buu can do this..
P, >P, P, P, P...(stop and wait then start a new combo while their stunned)...>P, P, P, P, E.
Potentially though...u can mess around w/ grounded chained combo cancels until u run out...THEN move onto juggling your oponent by mixing up all ur differeint juggles combos...all while saving your biggest string into a finisher at the last moment.
This kinna stuff leads into 30+ combos w/ many character.

Of course teleporting is the rescue here...but if your character is a combo freak...(like Freiza) adding a TurtleSHell(makes teleporting cost 6 instead of 3) makes him very deadly from his normall weaker self. ...SURE..it makes frieza harder to get out of combos, too...but it hurts his oponent alot worse.

Many times u also just don't WANT to teleport out of a combo, because many times its better to take the damage and save ur energy for ur own combos. What happens if u teleport soon as u can, then they TeleportCancel behind you...all ready to start the combo ALL OVER AGAIN!?!?!

Also if u didn't notice..charging an attack only goes through their block if u let it charge all the way.

PERSONAL THOUGHTS
ALRIGHT....those of you who know the games ins and out, what do ya'll standardly play w/ health-wise? We tend to play w/ 5 Health Meters and just ban senzu bean and Vaccine. We think 3 health is simply too short. It doesn't take many combos to end the fight, and it makes characters that require transformation seldom opportunity to use their potential. 7, on the hand seems a bit too much as characters like Yamcha and the like...start off ok, but as the battle progresses characters like Vegeta will eventually become far to powerful and make the long fight boringly uphill.

*Kid Buu*
Vanishing Ball
Vanishing Ball
Tonkatsyu (Fried Park) Bowl(2 slots)
Yakon
Demon Realm Flames
Bibidi's Scope

He's designed as a close-quarters kill-you-w/ little energy/powering up kinna guy. Being Small he's harder to juggle, and he's among the fastest in the game at dodgeing. He's also got great reach on a few moves that work well in mind games, as well as more moves that can be charged inside combos to get really inside your oponents head as you semi charge/cancel/ fully charge. Then yet again...his standard KI is 6 meters which is the 2nd highest for anyone who doesn't upgrade, which allows him to teleport twice in the beginning of the fight. I primarily chain combo w/ him, w/ my standard 15-16 hits dealing 1,400 damage....while the most difficult thing i've created does 35(but too hard in a real fight, lol)

I think he's obviously top tier..but he's there if u can utilize all his game. If u want someone TopTier that doesn't require skill...Android 18 and her ininite combo and Great Saiyaman w/ his Justice Kick are right for you!

Here's the most cheatful thing me and my rival could think up....can u top it?
*Android 18*
Yakon
Heat Virus(2 slots)
Vaccine
Turtle Shell
Power Blitz
Special Coating

strat: Basically...Android 18 has an infinite combo: a juggle that does not lose height if it is repeated. Her You see...as a precaution for these types or errors, the game is designed to make the character's attack Less and Less if an attack is repeated within a combo. Because of this, her infinite(and any other attacks you chain from it...) eventually starts doing 1 Damage. I don't think its humanly possible to keep it up 1,000s times at this rate...which is why the heart virus and vaccine are there to make the needed time a fraction. And it only requires her B or her throw(knock down attack) for the opportunitiy for the vaccine prior to the infinite as her only 'warming up'.
As a counter strategy the oponent may invest in some upward attacks to put you in the air, where the infinite won't work. This is pety damage, as their health continues to drop, and by the same token gives you equal opportunity to stale til both players 'sink' back to the ground, or down strike back to earth in a combo. Turtle Shell makes them require 6 Ki Guages to teleport meaning only Kid Buu and Omega can teleport in time...unless of course a different character UpGrades like Goku to SS4...in which case..Yakon will eat you alive...if u actually managed to stale that long(in which case the Virus eats you)
Because the Vaccine can only bring you to your last 500 health(half a meter) it is required that u have a finishing combo ready after it ends.(unless you think u can keep it up for an additional 500 hits) This is where her simple PowerBlitz combo chips off the remaining. Special Coating is there because u can't bean cuz of the vacine, additional attack doesn't matter, and well...it doesn't hurt and its the only useful thing left w/ this particular item combo.
So basically....Worst possible casee scenario...18 will need 3 combos for the win(Item, Infinite, Tiny Finsher)

*Frieza*
2nd Form
3rd Form
Final Form
Turtle Shell
Death Wave
Death Wave
Ginyu Special Forces

Basicly the combo KING. Turtle shell negates easy teleports, while he can do his insane chains into transform, into a deathbeam. This is my friends..so i cant give the specific details on his strats.

*Supreme Kai* aka "Supreme Cheese"
Shockwave
Shockwave
Ki Control(2 slots)
Yakon
King Kai's Outfit(2 slots)

Standard Projectile spammar w/ a knack for keeping his KI high. He's got the fastest beam outside Gotenks and other hard-to-get transformations, and its decent power. Yakon wears down those that can upgrade where they lose the fight from just being out-KI'ed, and a defense boost keeps my game simple, w/out having to worry about items.

*Teen Gohan*
Super Saiyan
SuperSaiyan2
Meditation
Soaring Dragon Strike
Soaring Dragon Strike

I just picked him up..and i'm working on him now so i'm still getting down health and ki-specific combos down...but he's basicly just designed for raw power. Meditation lets him transform immediately...where i'll start my combo...then turn SS2 in the combo...from there Dragon Strike will be charged during the combo then it sets up for 4 teleport hits....normally consuming a total of 6 energy bars, but only taking 3 ^^...when my combo is done work, i imagine it'll do 2,000 damage a run.

Well those are my character creations..what are ya'lls!?!?!?

Posted by Cyphus

well...nice to know everyone sucks at boudokai3.
Rest In Peace chance of boudokai3 ever getting recognized as a serious fighting game and not some quick buck for fans...