Any one play the Piano?

Posted by Jesse Smith

I just started. Here's an example. [url=http://www.world-of-nintendo.com/nintendo/my_music/My_Country_tis_of_Thee.mp3]My Country tis of Thee[/url]

pze no make fun of all my errors, cause that was made with maybe 40 minutes of experience! :D:D:D

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Wow.

Just, wow.

Posted by brownoystercult

You're better than me :D

Posted by Boner

Whoa! Yanni has met his match. :-D

Posted by Jesse Smith

WHAT are you guys talking about??? I hope you're not saying 'wow' because you think I'm good!!! Sheeesss!!!! That's after ONLY about 30 minutes of playing!!!!!

Right now I'm working on memorizing what every key(?) shounds like (What ever the thing is called that you press to make the sound.)

Posted by Richaod

I do. Click on the link in my sig.

Posted by Last Fog

"No web site is configured at this address."

I took lessons for a little while many years ago, but never kept it up.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Last Fog: "No web site is configured at this address."

Yeah, some random stuff-up. I'll resubmit when I can be bothered.

Jesse, that's actually pretty good for 40 minutes. And whats WireTap Pro?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Heh, Jesse, that's incredible.

I can honestly say I've heard worse than that from people who thought they were better. Even though you only played the vocal harmony, at least you hit the right notes in the vocal harmony.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Right now I can't even imagin playing all four parts at once!!!!!! If I look at the music for a song I don't know, I have no idea how to play it!!!! Right now I just use my brain which has memorized the melody/soprano part. I got to learn how to read the lyrix/notes stuff. All I know when looking at it is that if for example, the next note is one spot higher, you go to the next key to the right!

There's one song that I've memorised how to play, melody/soprano part and don't even need to look at the notes/words stuff to play it. [url=http://www.world-of-nintendo.com/nintendo/my_music/He_is_Risen2.mp3]He Is Risen[/url] (It's church music and [url=http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=1&searchseqstart=199&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=199&searchsubseqend=ZZZ]this link[/url] shows the notes and words.)

Just since doing My Country tis of Thee, I've improved big time. In this one there arn't any spots where I have to pause to think of the next note, and I can play it under each octave.

:::And whats WireTap Pro?

That's the program that records stuff, from out of the computer, or in the computer!!

Posted by sabre

Everyone has to start somewhere - good luck! You seem to be picking it up enthusiastically, and you're already getting the hang of some of the lingo; you've went from not knowing what the long white and black things were called to being able to use the words "melody," "soprano," and "octave" appropriately in a short period of time.

To the question, I play some keyboard, but I'm more proficient on bass.

Posted by LagunasSweetling

I don't play, but a weeeeee tiny bit, but I would love to learn =) I have long thin fingers, and my grandmother always wanted me to play lol. I do enjoy listening to piano music, and watching professionals play at the mall though =P

Posted by Caryatid

Eh, I'm taking keyboard techniques as a skinny to fill in the block where I have band. It's really fun, and I like it a lot. I'm okay at it...it's not that hard, since I play flute and my fingers already have a little coordination, and I'm good at reading notes.

Posted by Porcupine

I've recently been looking at the Keyboard solo from 'Take the Time.' I might post it up for you people when I finish. :cool:

Posted by MetalVox~55

I have a keyboard, but i'm not that good at it. I can do a left hand legato guitar/right hand keyboard lead though. It's kinda funny, but fun to do :)