Arcade Tournaments

Posted by ZEN

There is another vBulletin arcade site that holds tournaments for different games.

The way this works is 8 (or 16) players are chosen for a certain game, and then compete in a round where the best of two scores are advanced. The winners move on to the next round to face each other until it finally gets down to the final two. The last two remaining players then play for the tournament title.

Sound good?
This could be a way to spice up the VGC arcade a bit (since players seem to have lost interest in it).

Posted by NES Queen

it'd only be good if jesse got rid of the mega list of crappy games we made up months ago when we asked him to remove those. if he wont even get around to deleting games that either dont work or have some kind of mega glitch, he's not going to go through the trouble of creating tournaments for the 4 of us who would actually play in them.

stop being so lazy jesse!

Posted by ZEN

I hope those broken games are dealt with soon.

Here's a link to see what the tournaments look like.
http://highscores.arcadeonline.com/index.php?act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=3

By the way, that place is a vBulletin arcade with a great selection of good (i.e. "working") games.
I think most (if not "all") of those games could be added here at VGC and would run properly.

Posted by muffla

i would play

Posted by fpselite

im down i would play

Posted by GameMiestro

I would only play if there was games that took no more than 5 minutes to play. As in, I don't want to deal with people who get billions of points on arcade games because they play for hours at a time.

You know who I'm talking about.

Posted by Heathen

These are always great. My friend won the tekken championship a few years back. I'm a pretty good tekken player but out of our group of five friends I was only able to beat him once (out of maybe 100's of rounds) he would always win.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting GameMiestro: I would only play if there was games that took no more than 5 minutes to play. As in, I don't want to deal with people who get billions of points on arcade games because they play for hours at a time.

You know who I'm talking about.

Yeah, really. I can't stand those people.

Making me play for hours just to beat their score. Shame on them.

Arcade tournaments are usually reserved for short, quick games anyway.

Posted by Golden Archer

Jeez... ever heard of the guy who won (I forgot the name..jeez thats sad) the game with Paula... your Mario gotta save her from DK...barrels..old... Uhm anyways there was a championship back and I was reading it on TMK the guy who won I heard played for about 5 hours straight.....