Wondering

Posted by GameMiestro

Ive noticed this for a while, and I find it odd. When you look at the moderators, theres a "Super Administrator" listed that always has your own name. Why is that?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Ive noticed this for a while, and I find it odd. When you look at the moderators, theres a "Super Administrator" listed that always has your own name. Why is that?

Jesse added it to mess with "n00bs". It's just the username hack.

Posted by Proto Man

Thing is though, that account actually HAS Super Admin powers. So whoever could crack the password to it, could do great damage. This is what I think happened with the recent "hacking". Theoretically speaking though whoever takes control of that account COULD de-admin Jesse.

Quoted post: This is what I think happened with the recent "hacking".

Except it was through Big Boss' account.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro: Except it was through Big Boss' account.

This may be true... but I think the hacker had a hold of the wacko account as well because durring the whole ordeal, I saw that account lurking around, and it even left negative rep to different people.

Quoted post: This may be true... but I think the hacker had a hold of the wacko account as well because durring the whole ordeal, I saw that account lurking around, and it even left negative rep to different people.

Which probably was Jesse, as I've seen it done before.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro: Which probably was Jesse, as I've seen it done before.

Yes, but if that were true, why didn't he stop the trouble before it went full blown? Jesse didn't sign on till hours later.

Posted by Poison

Quoting Protoman: Theoretically speaking though whoever takes control of that account COULD de-admin Jesse.

That can't happen, Jesse is the "Root Admin" that means there is no one that can de-admin him, he can only do it himself. The super-admin is just a user title, it may be in the admin class type user title, but it

Posted by Fate

I thought that Super Admin thing was just a link to our profile and a thing to fool newbies. It's like when our names appear at the bottom when we're online. It could be just a link and nothing more.

Posted by Poison

Well, I'm guessing it is. I was just replying to the whole de-admining jesse thing.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Fate: I thought that Super Admin thing was just a link to our profile and a thing to fool newbies. It's like when our names appear at the bottom when we're online. It could be just a link and nothing more.

You know what... your right. If you look at forum leaders there is no Super Administrator. Infact, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't even think Super Administrator is an option in VBulliten.

Quoted post: Infact, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't even think Super Administrator is an option in VBulliten.

Someone asked that before, and I believe Hyper said there was...

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Poison: That can't happen, Jesse is the "Root Admin" that means there is no one that can de-admin him, he can only do it himself.

Yes he can, by a co-admin or someone with higher privlages than him, i.e, Super Admin.

But whatever.

Posted by brownoystercult

Whatever happened to VGC anyway? I was gone at the time. And what's with Big Boss's account?

Quoted post: Whatever happened to VGC anyway? I was gone at the time. And what's with Big Boss's account?

I guess someone used BB's account to delete most of the boards, so only a few threads were left. Jesse used saturday's back-up to bring the place back.

Posted by brownoystercult

And I'm assuming that was Raptor? That's pretty extreme anyway.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Protoman: Thing is though, that account actually HAS Super Admin powers.

Make up your mind, does it have powers or not!!! :D:D:D Just because you edit a template and place

Super Administrator: (wacko)

in it doesn't give (wacko) any power!!!!! I think we got some pot smokers here!!!!!

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Jesse Smith: I think we got some pot smokers here!!!!!

Dang skippy, we do.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Jesse Smith: Make up your mind, does it have powers or not!!! :D:D:D Just because you edit a template and place

Super Administrator: Protoman

in it doesn't give Protoman any power!!!!! I think we got some pot smokers here!!!!!

Yes I now realize this. I thought you did give that account powers, but I realized you didn't when I looked in Forum Leaders.

Posted by Jesse Smith

:D:D:D:D But (wacko), don't you want power??!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Wicked Sushi

This is an obligatory response to the weekly Super Admin obligatory thread.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Wicked Sushi: This is an obligatory response to the weekly Super Admin obligatory thread.

Two. Two "Obligitories."

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Two. Two "Obligitories."
[image]

I lol'd.

Posted by Poison

Quoting Jesse Smith: :D:D:D:D But (wacko), don't you want power??!!! :D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D But Jesse, don

Posted by Fate

I thought that was the hack. :/

And no, I don't want power.

Posted by Poison

Quoting Fate: I thought that was the hack. :/

And no, I don't want power.

Umm, it was the hack, I just chnaged it back to the hack when I quoted him...sorry Fate?

Posted by Arczu

I still find it mildly amusing. The super admin is suppose to have more poweres than regular ones, but this thread seems to say that they do, or they don't.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Two. Two "Obligitories."

My humor sensor must be broken.

Also, [url=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Obligitories&btnG=Google+Search]click here.[/url]

You almost got it right.