Lamb Chops Play Along

Posted by Trigger

I was just thinking of shows that I saw when I was younger and haven't see for a few years and Lamb Chops came to mind. How many of you watched that show? I thought it was great back when I was a young girl and the song that never ended that they would sing at the end seemed to be something I liked. I sort of vaugely remember the opening song for the show as well but the show isn't on air in Australia anymore and I'm not sure if it's airing anywhere else in the world.

On a side note, there used to be another show I watched years ago but I don't recall the name, so I thought I would ask if any of you know. All I remember is some fake rabbit, about the size of that comedians puppet "Ted E. Bear" and this one was similar, except it just sat on counters, couches and stuff rather than have someone stand really close to manoeuver him. The song that used to play when the show began was "Hit The Road, Jack" and I think that the rabbits name was Jack. He lived with a family and could talk and such and that's all I remember. I haven't seen this show in years and for years I've been trying to remember the name of the show. Does anyone have any clue what I'm referring to?

Posted by Dandelion

I don't think I ever watched Lamb Chop. I remember I watched Mya the bee incessantly. Blues Clues...oh, I loved blue. I'd always help him ^_^

Posted by Xenos

Ha, I use to watch is all the time when I was small. I didn't stop watching PBS programs until I was in third grade actually.

Posted by Mixhael

I just checked tvtome to remember when this show aired, but I remember watching it when it first premiered. PBS kids made a big deal about it in promos. I watched a bunch of episodes in the 2nd grade. Charlie Horse was my favorite because he was always doing the wrong things like not sharing or being mean. Someone has him in an avatar on vgchat I think

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

My sister used to watch Lambchop and Barney. I used to watch Sesame Street, Eureka's Castle, and David the Gnome. Our sibling rivalry started early, possibly from this difference in children's shows. I enjoy watching Veggie Tales when it comes on.

Posted by booyah719

Quoting Trigger: On a side note, there used to be another show I watched years ago but I don't recall the name, so I thought I would ask if any of you know. All I remember is some fake rabbit, about the size of that comedians puppet "Ted E. Bear" and this one was similar, except it just sat on counters, couches and stuff rather than have someone stand really close to manoeuver him. The song that used to play when the show began was "Hit The Road, Jack" and I think that the rabbits name was Jack. He lived with a family and could talk and such and that's all I remember. I haven't seen this show in years and for years I've been trying to remember the name of the show. Does anyone have any clue what I'm referring to?

Unhappily Ever After. Fairly good show, but now I hate you for getting that song stuck in my head yet again.

And yes I used to watch Lamb Chop, although it certainly wasn't my favorite show; that honor goes to the original nick toons: Rugrats, Doug, and Rocko's Modern Life. Ren and Stimpy too, but I didn't like that show at all. AA, was David the Gnome the one where the credits had the gnomes blowing glass? If it is, I loved that show!!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

"This is the song that never ends. It goes on and on my friends. Someone started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because..."

Yeah, I still have that song stuck in my head to this day. Anywho, yeah I did watch it when I was a kid. other than the ending song and video, all I remember is this one part where Lamb Chops was like "I bet I can count higher than you" and the kids all like "nu-uh, I bet I can count higher than you", and Lamb Shops is like "alright, let get it on". So the kid counts to like twelver, or however high eight year olds can count, and lamb chops holds up her hands/paws/hoves(sp?) and counts to ten saying "omg I beat you".

What a bitch.

Posted by Arczu

*smirks*

Yeah... I remember the theme song now... eee... But, I suppose during it's time, it was fun for kids. I never watched it unless it was forced (i.e nothing better to do and it just happened to be on and all the TV's are being used).

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Dandelion: I don't think I ever watched Lamb Chop. I remember I watched Mya the bee incessantly. Blues Clues...oh, I loved blue. I'd always help him ^_^

Oh wow, I remember Mya the Bee. I used to watch it all of the time. I should try and find it again. I can hardly remember it it was so long ago.

I never really did watch Lamb Chops. I wasn't into puppet shows. I did used to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and My Little Pony :P. I would occasionally watch Care Bears as well. And that animated Wizard of Oz. Did anyone ever used to watch Gummi Bears? I used to watch that show a LOT, but it was so many years ago, I can hardly remember it.

But the show that I watched the most was Gargoyles. I received Gargoyle figures for christmas the year that they came out, and my sister and I would play with them all of the time. We even constructed our own clock tower (with the help of my mom). I also would trace the characters from my awesome colouring book and glue them onto a popsicle stick. How creative of me.

Actually, I'm still obsessed with Gargoyles.