Klarth for Community Board?

Posted by sabre

k sup. Klarth's offended that he was demodded from the comm board, and now that he's got something vaguely resembling an internet connection he'd like it back.

I say yes.

Posted by Klarth

I had no idea what was going on and I didn't think that I'd actually done anything to get de-modded. I'd quite like my brainchild back, please.

Posted by Hyper

I don't know, there's already four there. Maybe if one got demodded, but I don't see why that should happen when they currently have perfectly stable connections. I'll hold off my vote.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Like Hyper said, there are already four mods there. One would have to be demodded before I'd vote yes.

Posted by The Judge

I'm not even sure if my vote counts any more, but I say yes, because I never saw a problem with him previously.

Posted by Fate

If Klarth wants Community, he can take it from me. I like modding, but if he rightfully deserves it, then go for it.

Posted by Big Boss

Of course! I mean, we have to keep up with changing the mod community every week!

Posted by Pit

I'd like to be mod of the community board next week if it isn't much trouble.

Posted by Fate

Let's make the Community Board a piece of communal ***, the way it should be. Get it? COMMUNAL.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Newsflash: When they havn't left, maybe humans should get there opinion before making polls to demod them if they didn't break rules. :bash: :bash: :bash:

Posted by Klarth

I'm still perplexed as to why I was de-modded.

I left on the eighth of July, and said I'd be on on-and-off over the holidays - my absence didn't go unannounced. I made sure to inform anyone who mattered that there was a reason I couldn't be online, and that seemed to be generally accepted. "Fair enough", they say, and I assume that my mod spot's going to be held for me while I'm away. After all, why else is that moderator absence thread there in the mod board? So they can announce that they have to leave for a while and that they ought to be de-modded because they're not capable of altering circumstances beyond their control? I think not.

Do you think I'm not on regularly out of pure negligence? Of course not. I have the largest online time on VGC (or rather, I did - I don't know about that anymore, considering my absence), which is my offering of proof that I give a crap about my duty to vgc. I spend a decent proportion of my free time posting etc and pruning what doesn't belong. Doesn't that strike you as another proving point?

And besides, I haven't actually been away that long. 29 days, I make it. And I recently got hooked up with 56k at home, so I might be on for half an hour a day or something until I get back to england later this month. Whatever. And look at past statistics - Take Alastor, for instance. He was without internet access for what, six months? Longer? I joined VGC in september, and I didn't encounter him until he returned in may '04. Seems that his mod spot was held for him, and nobody usurped his spot - Instead of being de-modded due to inactivity, maian was co-modded to one of his boards to clean up for him. And let's not forget the scores of inactive gits like Sauron, Raging Gamer and the rest. I can honestly say I've never encountered any of them. Ever. At all. And (I know I'm not alone here, shut up if you're going to point that out) I'm surprised beyond belief that they haven't been de-modded.

And let's not forget the circumstances surrounding my de-modding. A mod who did a bad job was de-modded for deeply offending someone on a personal level by stupidly taking a joke too far, so there was a reorganisation of the off-topic section. I think it's nice that Fate got a position on off-topic. She's been an eligible candidate for *** knows how long in my opinion. But is that any reason to strike me from that little column next to the forum description? Nein. I'm all for the addition of new mods, but I don't think that it's a considerate idea to remove the existing ones (particularly when they haven't done shat to deserve it).

I'd also like to point out who it was who started up the community board. Remember that blog that was near the top of the list in march or february or wheneverthe****itwas? "Abraxas and Xenos - Community Board" or whatever? Yes. I am abraxas. I'm sure that a few people are aware of that. They certainly ought to be if they're paying any amount of attention to anything. I was ecstatic when it was shunted onto the main page. "Wow, my pet project made it! I'm overjoyed!" And, funnily enough, guess what? I was overjoyed. I was ****ing jubilant. Knowing that something I wanted to occur had in fact occured was great. And I wanted to prove that I was up to taking care of one of the most active boards on the site (far as I know, I was doing a decent job of it). True, I was irked when the introduction board was scrapped (ok, i was ****ed off beyond belief) but I consoled myself with the fact that I had the literature board (which doesn't need as much attention as it did when I was first modded, but hey, someone ought to take care of it) and that all the intro threads had been moved into the community board. Now, how did I feel when I essentially lost both of the boards I'd worked so hard for?

****ing furious.

I'm not a mod because I want to be in on some sort of clique. I enjoy cleaning up spam and all the rest. It gives life to an otherwise boring vgc as far as I'm concerned. It's something to do. Having things you enjoy revoked without warning or reason is not fun, and I'm sure that everyone on this site can sympathise with that.

and, uh, that's my defence

(edit : if fate enjoys modding community there's no reason she should have to step down. i really don't think there's such a thing as a "too many people modding a very large board" situation."

Posted by Ant

Well, you sorta got screwed, but I don't see Iris dropping her new position. But if fate is giving it to you just so you can have yours back then it would be okay. But at this rate there is enough people.

Posted by Fate

Take my position, if you want. The Community Board is like a spam haven. Too much ****. People also tend to dislike that fact that I erase that ****.

I wasn't a mod until recently, so I honestly wouldn't know why you were demodded.

Posted by Klarth

as i said, far as i'm concerned fate can keep it if I don't get my position back. or if i do get my position back, whqtever. same goes for other mods.

(pardon the typing. french keyboard)

edit - oh. i don't know why i was demodded either, but whatever. if you're willing to step down then you have ,y thanks.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Klarth: edit - oh. i don't know why i was demodded either, but whatever. if you're willing to step down then you have ,y thanks.

You weren't around when we redid it and we didn't think of you.

Posted by Fate

holy****omgwtfbbqlolcanofworms

Yeah, you guys did the same thing to Kodachi. You guys must not appreciate your mods.
:(

Posted by Klarth

not my fault. I'd've thought a little consideration on my behalf would be present, but I'm evidently mistaken. oh well.

edit RAGH: What happened with kodachi?

Posted by Fate

I happened.

Posted by Klarth

right, I've had a read of things, so now I know what happened.

And if kodachi gets her spot back without so much as a poll, then wtf?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Klarth: right, I've had a read of things, so now I know what happened.

And if kodachi gets her spot back without so much as a poll, then wtf?

You weren't around. It isn't our fault either.

Posted by Klarth

uh, um. yeah, it is. it's the fault of whoever voted me off.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Klarth: uh, um. yeah, it is. it's the fault of whoever voted me off.

It isn't our fault you couldn't chime in at the time and remind everyone who voted for the current lineup that you existed!

edit:

[quote]
(edit : if fate enjoys modding community there's no reason she should have to step down. i really don't think there's such a thing as a "too many people modding a very large board" situation."

I do =/ Yes, you should still be a mod. I agree with you. But what has been done has been done, and unless Fate does let you replace her and you're fine with that, I don't see another change happening.