First Ever Banner

Posted by Lethal Shadow

This is the first and only photoshop banner I have made. Any suggestions for how to improve this and future banners?

Posted by Klarth

That's a banner? I'd say a ratio 'round 3:1 would be more wise for forum banners.

Silliness aside, it's pretty good for a first try. Not exactly easy on the eye, but quite a bit better than what I could come up with at first. Look for some tutorials about blending modes.

and out of interest, what version of PS are you using?

Posted by Killer Jordo

Thats more of an image than a banner.

Still pretty good!

Posted by maian

It's...noot that great. Don't get me wrong, it's your first one, and everyone's first banners need work. Just for future reference, a good banner size is around 350/450x100/150

For a first timer, you got the image in there pretty good. Putting images in can be really easy or be a nightmare. You can mess around with colors, saturation, and blending options to make it stand out more. It's kind of dark, so the background makes it hard to see.

And finally, the text. A good way to modify text is to right click it, and select blending options. From there, you can select colors, strokes, opacity, almost anything. But a realy important thing with thext is to make it easily visible. If it's a solid color, try messing around with different colors that don't clash with the BG.

There's a lot of other things you could do, but not things I'm going to pressure with a first timer. Overall, it's good for a first timer. Especially the fact that you were able to slap an image in there, if it's your first. I'm not critisizing your banner. Try to keep these suggestions in mind. In time, you will be able to make great banners. Just keep on experimenting with effects, and all the stuff you can do.

By the way, two great tutorial sites are [url]www.pixel2life.com[/url] and [url]www.good-tutorials.com[/url] . I'd reccomend Pixel2life if you need a tut on creating a sig banner, as it has full tuts for message board banners. Good-tutorials is better for cool effects, in my opinion.

Hope I helped.

Posted by Lethal Shadow

Quoting Klarth: what version of PS are you using?

Elements lol