Windows XP Password Question

Posted by Alastor

Just curious. Is it possible to get the password to any other desktops on my computer from my desktop? My mom was trying to get my dad's last night, and she was just on his desktop a few minutes ago. He didn't log on it himself, either. And now I've got some really stupid content advisor popup every time I get a freaking IM. I am the main admin for this computer, so I'm going to do some snooping. Still, I'd like to know whether obtaining someone else's password is possible or not.

Thanks.

Posted by TopgunFFX

if you are the administrator on that computer you can reset any password on any account by logging on the admin acct and going to user accounts in the control panel and choosing the account that you wish to reset the password and remove their password and then create a new one or leave it without a password, but you may not obtain another accounts password only reset it or remove it

Posted by Alastor

I'm the only admin on this computer. My mom got his password somehow, though. She even told me what it was. When I asked her what she did to get it she just kinda laughed. >_>

Posted by TopgunFFX

ok... so did you follow the advice?? did it work??

Posted by Trigger

You could do it with a program, Alastor. I won't advise you which one though, considering the usual activities such programs are associated with.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting TopgunFFX: ok... so did you follow the advice?? did it work??

Quoting Alastor: I'm the only admin on this computer.

Answer your question? :p

I guess she could've done it with a program... We don't have any new programs on here, though. Not that I'm aware of, anyways. Oh well.

Posted by I feel Yellow?

an easy way to do it would be to install a Keylogger on the comp you are on and in settings on most of them make it so that it is hidden from the taskbar, hidden form the uninstall list and hidden from task manager and will only apear with a certain keystroke, mine is Windows + F9. and i tells you everything about the computer, on the other hand your dad could have just told your mum?

Posted by NegativeTrend

Not sure if any of this works but you don't need any extra applications to do them.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_passwords.htm