Metroid Prime 3 Details Emerge

Posted by Random

Heres a link from IGN. Enjoy!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/638/638879p1.html

After I posted I realized Maybe this should go under Metroid. I put it here because it's going to be out on Future Gaming. So move it if you must.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

So, really nothing anyone didn't already know...

Posted by Speedfreak

Features other than the controller. Online, possibly?:D

Posted by Burrito

What do they plan on doing with the Metroid franchise after the trilogy ends?

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

[COLOR=LightBlue][FONT=Papyrus]The Prime Franchise has been about this Phazon sub-story, so Metroid will continue, but with a new idea. They could branch it into the 3rd person perspective, or make a sequel Trilogy to fusion, because we all know it deserves one.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Random

I just hope they get rid of the Automatic Targeting and what not. Blah made it... Lame.. I thought anyways. Thought the Controller setup was decent but the Automatic Targeting was a poor feature. But I think they'll change that. or i'm hoping..

Posted by Drewboy64

I hope they have a co-op mode (spooge).

Metroid needs to stay single-player only.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I just hope they get rid of the Automatic Targeting and what not. Blah made it... Lame.. I thought anyways. Thought the Controller setup was decent but the Automatic Targeting was a poor feature. But I think they'll change that. or i'm hoping..

You know that was pure option, right, if you wanted to aim yourself you could.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro: Metroid needs to stay single-player only.

Uh, why? A co-op option would be fantastic.

Quoted post: Uh, why? A co-op option would be fantastic.

Because it's the opposite of what a Metroid game strives to do. Gets rid of the isolated, hopeless feeling.

Posted by Speedfreak

Then don't play co-op. I think it'd be fun, myself. Bit like Four Swords.

Quoted post: Then don't play co-op. I think it'd be fun, myself. Bit like Four Swords.

Oh lord, that's even worse than I imagined.

Either way, it would probably be like other first-person co-op modes.

Though it would be nice if you could distract enemies while your partner scans them... that would be handy.

Point still stands, however.

Posted by Speedfreak

Your point is that it wouldn't feel like Metroid because you wouldn't feel alone. My point is there's more to Metroid that feeling alone, that it's actually a game that is fun.

Quoted post: Your point is that it wouldn't feel like Metroid because you wouldn't feel alone. My point is there's more to Metroid that feeling alone, that it's actually a game that is fun.

I realize that... I'm just saying, it would lose some of it's atmosphere. Of course I don't have to play it, and I'm sure a lot of other people would be happy to see something like that implemented into the game, but it's just my personal opinion.

Posted by Drewboy64

The co-op mode might be the same or a bit different from singleplayer; what if they forced each player into seperate rooms? They would have to solve puzzles to get each other through, but would still be isolated from each other. Anyway, I hope the visuals on Metroid Prime 3 are good. The video at E3 was pretty good for using Gamecube technology, but it wouldn't be that good if that was how it actually looked.

Quoted post: Anyway, I hope the visuals on Metroid Prime 3 are good. The video at E3 was pretty good for using Gamecube technology, but it wouldn't be that good if that was how it actually looked.

There will obviously be a noticeable improvement, even if the Rev is only four times as powerful.

Quoted post: The co-op mode might be the same or a bit different from singleplayer; what if they forced each player into seperate rooms? They would have to solve puzzles to get each other through, but would still be isolated from each other.

Eh, I just don't see how it could work. Metroid isn't a shooter, and there's no reason you'd need someone to help you take out the enemies in the game, as all of them can be handle with a single blaster. And for the puzzles, they would need to create special ones that allowed for multiple people, since if you tried it with the current puzzles, the extra player would just get in the way.

Basically, they would have to create a seperate game and world for co-op mode.

Your idea isn't bad though. But the whole point of co-op mode is to have someone there with you, helping you. If you're split up, it may as well be single player.

Posted by Bebop

Allow co-op in Metroid. It would just feel like a meaningless, dare I say gimmicky, add-on.

Posted by Speedfreak

It would still be quite easy to capture the atmosphere of being alone with 2 people. Having one other person with you isn't exactly a crowd, it's company. You can still be lost in unfamiliar territory together. And you could, in fact, heighten the impact of being alone if at times you'd be forced to split up.

Quoting Speedfreak: It would still be quite easy to capture the atmosphere of being alone with 2 people. Having one other person with you isn't exactly a crowd, it's company. You can still be lost in unfamiliar territory together. And you could, in fact, heighten the impact of being alone if at times you'd be forced to split up.

Hm, you mkae a good point. Though it just doesn't seem as "hopeless". Maybe I'm just biased, since I don't particularly enjoy co-op modes.
If it ever does happen though, it better be over wi-fi.

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh, obviously. Bit pointless splitting a couple up when theyre right next to eachother. The point I'm trying to get across is the atmosphere, the aesthetic part of the game that the player experiences is simply a result of several different game mechanics. If changing one mechanic changes an aesthetic property then you simply alter other mechanics to compensate.