Do you like rap?

Posted by veritas

My favorite kind of music is Rap and Hip Hop. I like it because it has a good beat and it gets me moving. My friend says rap sucks. What do you think.

Posted by boomstick

Not really much on the current street thug themed rap that has become so popular nowadays, but some of the older stuff I've heard isn't bad.

This should be in Music, BTW.

Posted by Boner

Quoting boomstick: Not really much on the current street thug themed rap that has become so popular nowadays, but some of the older stuff I've heard isn't bad.

I feel somewhat the same. I can at least tolerate the older stuff more. Fcuk all this Bling-Bling bullsh!t.

Posted by Arczu

I am sick of all of the rap songs where people start swearing every 3 seconds about a girl. Only a select few songs do it right, the rest are logical bullsh. Some of the earlier forms of rap completely level some of this modernized rap that just doesn't sound all that great sometimes.

Posted by Pit

eep eep
woop woop
why you all in my ear!?
Talkin' a whole bunch a **** that I ain't tryin to hear!
Get Back! Mother****er You don't know me like that

:mad:

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I agree with your friend. Rap takes no skill. Why would you be proud of being an illiterat bastard? Every rap song is the same. They just talk about how big they wish there d*cks where and how many hoes they have. If thats what you like fine.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampire Slayer: I agree with your friend. Rap takes no skill. Why would you be proud of being an illiterat bastard? Every rap song is the same. They just talk about how big they wish there d*cks where and how many hoes they have. If thats what you like fine.

That's funny. You should listen to some songs by 2pac and tell me that his lyrics took no skill.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Whatever Mixael says is what I like so just wait for his post when this gets moved. :)

Posted by project101

uhhh yea I can say how I feel about rap in one word.....cRAP

Posted by NightmareBassX

I don't like rap either. But freestyle rap is extremely hard. Im not gonna say Its bad. I just don't like it. But alot of people do, so who am I to judge.

Posted by bazariah

im not the biggest of rap fans, but i can appreciate certain aspects such as freestyles

i hate the raps which go on about how much money the brothers are making, i prefer a tune which is more universal to everybody

and as it goes for the freestyles it's gotta be that sort where they can destroy somebody in a few carefully constructed sentances

yo yo i'll gut you like a fish,
thats my wish,
i'll eat your heart,
it'll make me fart
im sitting with my little nephew damon
about to watch some show called game on
pickled eggs are nice on a sunday morning
but they make me crap without warning
im offskis now for a cup of tea
that means im turning of my pc

Posted by Fei-on Castor

After listening to songs by 2Pac, I've determined that his lyrics took little or no skill.

2pac isn't as bad as some rappers, and here's the problem.

All they write about it themselves, and not in a good way.

50 cent describes himself as being "Hot as a Tea Kettle". What does that even mean? What if a tea kettle has been sitting in the fridge for a day or two? Is he as hot as that tea kettle? Or does he mean, specifically, a tea kettle that is steaming and going "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" because the water in it is ready?

Eminem says "at the rate I'm going when I'm thirty, I'll be the only person in the nursing home flirting", which also, doesn't make much sense... When he's thirty, he'll be in a nursing home? Or do you think he just said that for the sake of rhyming (almost)? "But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes..." Animals and antelopes, because the word "animals" could not possibly include an "antelope", so he had to make sure that he included an extra word, that incidentally rhymed (almost).

Art has nothing to do with making lines that sound good and almost rhyme.

All that rappers ever rap about anymore is about how "they gonna bring it to you fo sho" and "aint hold nuffin back" and that type of thing. Just talking about how great they are at rapping, generally.

Which is why I have SOME respect for 2pac and others, such as Dr. Dre, because they can rap about things rather than how great they are at rapping, and how much money they have, and having sex, and so forth. Like those two, Digable Planets, Gorillaz, Transplants...

Posted by LagunasSweetling

I don't like it, but I respect those who listen to it. I can't listen to it. My step-sister loves it, and one night she was playing it while I was sleeping. It made me dream that gremlins were coming out of the shadows and eating me.... This is how I feel around rap music...

I have a fear of gremlins....

Posted by Borealis

I'd love to see John Petrucci crack one of the Ying Yang Twin's cranium with his guitar.

But, really, some hip-hop is rather fun, like MC Busdriver.

Posted by Klarth

I like Jurassic 5 and Run DMC. And not much else.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Like any genre, there's the good stuff and there's the absolutely rancid material that'd never dream of touching my cd player. Not surprisingly, most of the bad-mediocre music of this genre is created for the club scene, so besides references to genitals and annoying, overly thick bass, there's not much to it. I haven't delved too deep into Rap, but I have a feeling there's some good stuff out there that strays far away from the example I gave.

As for freestyle, I worked with a couple of guys that were amazing with that. On the other hand, I went to Austin one time and bought a cd-r off of some guys, who had recorded themselves flowing. The result was a horrible mess with lines such as "I make all tha bitches blue.... like Blue on Blues Clues. Yeah!". For the comedy it was worth every penny of the $1.00 I got my friend to pay for it.

Posted by Arczu

Quoting Shin-Ra: lines such as "I make all tha bitches blue.... like Blue on Blues Clues. Yeah!".

Quoted for freakin' empahsis.
LoL

Posted by Demonizer

Quoting 2fast4u's Topic: Do you like rap?

No offence but.. NO!

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I noticed that if you go to an anime, videogame or any other forum that is about something dorky, most of the members will dislike rap. Well, I'm not one of those members. I very much like rap, but mostly underground ones. Actually...I like hiphop more. At first I used to like a group that rapped about school milk, erections and Christmas, but nowdays I listen to groups that rap about how they will kill you, torture you and how much they hate/love bitches. I also love the simplicity of it. A snare effect, hi hats, kicks, some kinda bass line, turntables and basically that's about it.

Wolfpac is one of my favorites, with lyrics such as:

"Lullaby for the insane.
Got murder on the brain.
I'm first in this game.
Ill slit your throat now your slain.
I'm Metal J the Grimraper.
Ill put your name in the paper.
That ***** don't wanna have sex.
Well **** it ill make her."

But then, I also like The Postal Service, Linkin' Park, Gorillaz, Beethoven and all that. I guess I have a strange musical taste.

Posted by Ch

I love the old stuff. The mid and late 80's and early 90's stuff. I hate all of this bling blinh ghetto fabulous crap.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting 2fast4u: My favorite kind of music is Rap and Hip Hop. I like it because it has a good beat and it gets me moving. My friend says rap sucks. What do you think.

I'd say you have a very smart friend!

Posted by TheSecondComing

Rap/hip-hop/whatever it is these days is cool with me. I enjoy stuff like Public Enemy, N.W.A., ATCQ, Jurassic 5, Run DMC, People Under The Stairs. I also respect Kanye West a great deal.

Posted by Random

I Hate Modern Rap. Old skool Rap wasn't so bad. Now the only rap I like is Cypress Hill. But i'm mostly into Metal/Alternative rock.

Posted by Lord of Spam

nwa/public enemy/mncchris is the only acceptable rap