Xbox 360 Price Revealed

Posted by Necrololicon

"Unconfirmed reports stemming from Walmart employees have today suggested a North American retail price for the Xbox 360 and its launch titles, allegedly set to arrive in shop stores on November 4th.

Naturally a smidgeon of sceptism should be maintained until Microsoft makes an official announcement, however the $299.99 price point hardly appears to be out of the bounds of possibility and suggests a pound/dollar equation when Microsoft's next-gen format is launched upon UK shores later in the month. As widely believed games appear to be slightly more expensive then many would hope with the likes of Perfect Dark Zero and Project Gotham Racing 3 marked at $59.99."

I wouldn't be posting this unless I knew it was true. Several people who I know who work at Wal-Mart confirmed that it has an SKU of $299.96, and most of the games are $59.98. Wal-Mart has also been told the street date in November 4th.

None of it is very surprising.

Posted by saiyanknight

Kool this is a great price, but PS3 will be about $450 which sucks

360 seems pretty dam kool though, i like the Rev too :)

Posted by veritas

Maybe in jolly old England. The ps3 is gonna be $300-$350. And ps3 is gonna be 1000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than Xbox 360. What a stupid @$$ name.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Not that I didn't except the games ro be more expensive... I'm just wishing it isn't true.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting 2fast4u: Maybe in jolly old England. The ps3 is gonna be $300-$350. And ps3 is gonna be 1000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than Xbox 360. What a stupid @$$ name.

You're an idiot. Its 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. Buts thats not why your an idiot. Your post explains why.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Not that I didn't except the games ro be more expensive... I'm just wishing it isn't true.

Same here, I so wish that publishers had the same mind track as Cliffy B.

Posted by Shade

Still no confirmed price on the PS3?

D*mn...

Quoted post: Still no confirmed price on the PS3?

Probably won't be one until Q1 of next year.

Posted by Crazy K

Im sure the price will be around 300-350 dollars for the PS3. But the XBOX 360 is pretty expesive, but so are all the other video game systems when they come out, 300 dollars is an average price for most of the past systems out there.

But I dont see the PS3 being more then 400 dollars, it just dont seem right. I hope they atleast bring it down to 350 or maybe even 300 dollars up here in america.

Quoted post: But the XBOX 360 is pretty expesive

No it isn't. It could be a lot higher.

Quoted post: But I dont see the PS3 being more then 400 dollars, it just dont seem right.

It will. Katuragi pretty much said that it's a system people will want to work more hours to afford. Plus, he stated "It will be expensive".

Posted by Pit

Quoting Crazy K:
But I dont see the PS3 being more then 400 dollars, it just dont seem right. I hope they atleast bring it down to 350 or maybe even 300 dollars up here in america.

$400 is a little cheap for what they're saying with all the specs and crap. Try 500 or higher!

Posted by TopgunFFX

if its over 450 im not gunna buy it thats rip for a vid system

Posted by Pit

Quoting TopgunFFX: if its over 450 im not gunna buy it thats rip for a vid system

How about if it was $451 exactly?

Posted by TopgunFFX

lol ya but i think u get what i meant

Posted by Fate

I'll buy the systems when the prices go down in three months. :)

Posted by TopgunFFX

i dunno they seem to drop lil slower now a days i dont think it will drop for a while if its popular maybe a small drop

Posted by Random

Well working in the retailer we have gotten actually a price tag for the PS3. It's not confirmed but its what we were given of a solid $449 for the PS3. Like I said though it's not exact. When we got the 360 price tag we were looking at $399 and that obviously isn't the case. So we basically know nothing.. lol

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I don't know if the PS3 will be worth $500. I mean, sure it will be a great system, but Sony has a problem with messing up the system. The sales person at my EB games said that by Christmas of the year the PS2 was released. They had sent out 12 different types of the system. I don't know if this is true. But that makes me kind of worried about Sony and the PS3. I don't even know if the Xbox 360 will be worth $400. Thats alot of money to spend on something. I think I'll wait a few months after the system is out to buy it.

Posted by Fate

Not to mention the first-generation flaws! I'd wait at least a year so prices could go down. Release-games could wait.

Posted by Shade

Better start putting aside money, but even if I do have enough by launch, if it's more than $450 I'll probably wait a bit.

Posted by TopgunFFX

ya but it was released that the ps3 could wait til 2007 to be released so i think if that happens you can save the money quite easily....