Windows Sucks

Posted by Aesthetic

Prompted by Trigger's discussion of the next Windows release, we got into an argument of what it should really be called.

Hailie Jade696 [9:26 AM]: I'm waiting for the next Windows release, codenamed "Longhorn".
Hailie Jade696 [9:26 AM]: I'll pirate that, too.
Sammy Wammy XP [9:26 AM]: Longhorn?
Hailie Jade696 [9:27 AM]: They haven't thought of a name yet, so it's codenamed "Windows Longhorn", until it's released.
Hailie Jade696 [9:27 AM]: Microsoft have been thinking of just sticking with that name as its official name, though.
Sammy Wammy XP [9:29 AM]: Can't they make a better-sounding one, like grapes? Yeah, grapes. Lowercase 'g', too. I'm thinking of an advertisement already, with like, 3 green grapes right next to the name. Oh no, it wouldn't be violet. This grape would be GREE- ew windows sucks
Hailie Jade696 [9:29 AM]: Hahaha!
Sammy Wammy XP [9:31 AM]: In case you're wondering, I'm eating green grapes right now :( But that would be cool, would it not? Would totally turn that word into a cool-sounding word. I mean, it's better than 'Windows', right? Come on, 'Windows'?! Of all things to title a computer program, they could've been more creative
Hailie Jade696 [9:31 AM]: Well, "Windows" is pretty creative, considering that each program is set in a "window".
Hailie Jade696 [9:32 AM]: And the program essentially does nothing more than open other programs within "windows". Apple, on the other hand...
Hailie Jade696 [9:32 AM]: Well, I fail to see my computer doing anything that relates to fruit, let alone an apple.
Sammy Wammy XP [9:33 AM]: Yeah, I realize that. So it's not creative to me. If windows are everything, naming a program after it seems pretty dull. "What does our program comprise of? Lalala OH WINDOWS SNAP THAT'S IT"
Sammy Wammy XP [9:34 AM]: And hey, my block breaker program sometimes has blocks shaped into fruit. GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.
Hailie Jade696 [9:34 AM]: lol
Sammy Wammy XP [9:34 AM]: And maybe, just maybe it would indirectly, subconsciously seep into all fat Americans' brains that fruit is, in fact, good, and our fat problem would be solved. I'm brilliant
Sammy Wammy XP [9:35 AM]: In any case, it's better than Windows. idontcarewhatyousay >:0
Hailie Jade696 [9:36 AM]: LOL GRAPEZ, MAN
Hailie Jade696 [9:36 AM]: *Installes Grapes 2005.*
Sammy Wammy XP [9:36 AM]: :cool:
Hailie Jade696 [9:36 AM]: Man, this OS... Soooo fruity. MY machine emits scents of grape at every boot.
Sammy Wammy XP [9:37 AM]: *themes of different fruit are default screensavers and wallpaper*
Hailie Jade696 [9:37 AM]: If I sweet-talk it enough, it produces wine. ;)
Sammy Wammy XP [9:37 AM]: lol I hate you
Sammy Wammy XP [9:37 AM]: making me laugh at my own ingenious product
Hailie Jade696 [9:39 AM]: It's what I do best.

Posted by Arczu

I'm sorry... but considering how tired I am, all I could get out of that were grapes, fruits and windows...

...?

<--- Needs to sleep now.

Posted by Aesthetic

lol :cool:

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Arczu]

They recently renamed it "Vista".

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Vampiro: They recently renamed it "Vista".

Worst name ever (you should hear higbvuyb talk about it). Seriously, I think we have a company in Australia called Vista Blinds or something like that.

They should sue.

Posted by Aesthetic

Anything's better than plain old "Windows" :mad:

Posted by Philsdad

Quoted post:
And the program essentially does nothing more than open other programs within "windows". Apple, on the other hand...

Aw come on, Apple is a great name. Steve Jobs used to be a total hippie, and lived on a hippie commune where he picked apples all day up in Oregon. So, when they had to come up with a company name, he ended up choosing Apple. :cool:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Anything's better than plain old "Windows"

... Vista...

Come on. I wouldn't be able to use that thing without throwing a ****ing fiesta everytime I logged on.

Posted by Trigger

It makes me feel as though I'm with that stupid pop band "Vengaboys", or something. 'Vista'... God, "Windowas Longhorn" would be more badical than that.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Windowas Longhorn" would be more badical than that.

Indeed. Longhorn is a far more badass name. I must say, what the hell is Microsoft thinking?

Posted by Trigger

Probably going all queer, you know...

Posted by sniper

AIM BOARD OVER THURR

so uh, windows sux lawl, linux are pro etc etc i'm cool cause i'm different

Posted by Klarth

lol i just bought windows neptune?

Posted by Trigger

Get out, Klarth.

jk, you can stay. :-*
So how's Windows Neptune? Planet-y?