Community/Off Topic

Posted by Fate

I practicing my good judgment at the forums, but I'm having a bit of trouble. See, I don't know if "temporary" threads like "I'm having an exam next week and I need help" needs to be in the Off Topic. I see Off Topic as a place to discuss non-War Board issues, like announcing general news. I would move the "exam" thread to the Community Board because that's where it should go. But then I see threads like neonmole's "Ben and Jerrys" that doesn't relate to the ice cream, but about how her mother bought some and she wonders what it tastes like. I'm tempted to delete the thread, but I'm worried that I might get labeled as a bad moderator. To me, it doesn't seem like the thread fits anywhere. The problem is that the thread relates directly to her, not the ice cream.

So, with threads like those, what should I do?

Edit: QUIET YOU.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

All personal threads should be either deleted or moved to the community board. I guess it would depend on the subject and how other's have posted in it. as for the Ben and Jerry's thread, her question has been answered by enough people, just delete it before it becomes a spam haven.

Anyway, in my opinion, a lot of stuff in Off Topic has to go. It's gotten to the point where all people do is post links to stupid **** they find on the internet, or post a completely moronic topic. Even if a topic could have the potential to be serious, it always gets ruined by someone trying to be funny, or a topic change about someone's sig or avatar or something entirely useless. What it all revolves around the stupid rep system. So I'd just much rather delete every thread that doesn't have a topic worth being discussed. Meaning delete all threads linked to a stupid video (such as that 'owned' video the underground posted). That, and delete all posts that are simply there to show off (such as Velvet Nightmare's 'the win' posts).

On the topic of the rep system, it should be disabled, simply because it causes more crap than the RPG hack did. I know getting Jesse to turn it off would be **** near impossible, so hyper came up with a hack that will give mods the option to lower people's rep, A LOT when they post like a moron and need their post deleted.

Posted by Fate

Good thing, too, because I was just going around deleting stuff just like that. I thought I was being overzealous. :(

Posted by Ant

Heh, the only reason you want it disabled is because you have low rep Chris! ;)

Let's try not to go crazy and make this place a nazi camp or anything to that extent. Allow some stupid ****(as long as it's funny) to a small extent. As long as it doesn't get out of hand(like it has).

Posted by Fate

Hey, I have a sense of humor! I know when some stuff just plain should be gone, though.

Posted by Big Boss

Awww...new mods are like kids with guns.

Posted by Fate

Osito! I'm trying my hardest here! :(

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Fate: Osito! I'm trying my hardest here! :(

I think you're trying too hard, but that's expected out of most new mods today, so it's cool. At least you're trying.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now now, rep iz kool!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Jesse Smith: Now now, rep iz kool!!!! :D:D:D

Not really, but I don't think it should be gotten rid of. Leaving quick messages to members is easier via rep than PM.