Friend in MM

Posted by ScudZteR

When the game starts out it says you are searching for a friend that left you some time ago and then it makes the gaurdian fairy "tinkling" noise. Ive always though it meant that he was looking for Navi but a lot of people are telling me that he was looking for skullkid????? That doesnt make sense because he was suprised to see skullkid and even though he was friends with him before i dont think thats who he was looking for...

Posted by Untamed

I have MM on Collector's Edition and when I first played it I got stuck on some part so I borrowed a friend's walkthrough. It was the Collector's Edition walkthrough, by the way. Anyway, at the beginning of the MM part, it says that Link IS looking for NAVI, it doesn't say anything about a skullkid.

Posted by Linko_16

Walkthroughs aren't written by the game's creators, it's just that it was the writers' opinion he was searching for Navi when they wrote it. I also agree that it must be Navi, but some people think differently.

Posted by maian

Heh, a thread like this was made once and a big argument/theories ensued. I myself believe it is Navi. There's a fairy noise, and, well, uh, the evidence just seems likely.

Posted by Pit

... of course it was Navi. There's no "theory" behind it. In the beginning it says a friend who aided him on his quest and departed from him at the end, something like that. Was it Zelda? No, why would he look for her in the lost woods. Saria? No, she's a sage and Link knows that. Navi is the only possible choice as she aided Link throughout his whole quest and departed from him at the very end.

/lock thread.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

I think the reason why some believe that the friend isn't Navi is because you don't actually find her in MM, nor is there much mention of her after the prologue. However, you must also take into consideration that Link is abruptly side-tracked from his search when Skull Kid attacks him and leads him into Termina. Then, Link ends up caught up in events that he simply cannot turn his back on- he agrees to help the happy mask salesman and Tatl, and in order to help them he must stop the Skull Kid and the coming apocalypse. And as you see at the end of the game, Link leaves Termina, assumedly to return to his search. Obviously, what he is looking for isn't in Termina.

Some people may believe the friend is Skull Kid because of this, also. But again, this is debunked due to the fact that Skull Kid doesn't recognize Link at all (he just says something about how Link reminds him of the kid who taught him a song once), nor does he consider him a friend until the end of the game.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Madame Flurrie: Obviously, what he is looking for isn't in Termina.

Some people may believe the friend is Skull Kid because of this, also. But again, this is debunked due to the fact that Skull Kid doesn't recognize Link at all (he just says something about how Link reminds him of the kid who taught him a song once), nor does he consider him a friend until the end of the game.

Also debunked because if Skull Kid WAS who he was looking for, then he would've found it in Termina and not've left, yeah? :O

Anyway, Navi.

What happened to the old thread on this topic? That had some pretty rediculous (and hilarious) theories in it. I wouldn't mind reading through it again if it still exists.

[quote=Pit]/lock thread.

lol no. No reason.