Keep wishing for that FFVII remake

Posted by Big Boss

It seems Square was so impressed with the overwhelmingly positive reaction the FFVII PS3 tech demo got at E3 (seriously, what did they expect), that if such fanfare of the game continued the company would reconsider on whether or not to develop a remake. For the full article at GameSpot, click [url="http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/31/news_6130109.html"]here[/url].

Posted by boomstick

Wouldn't surprise me, people would definately go for it, I have my own beef about the game, but I know most would probably drool for a remake.

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

I wasn't very impressed with this trailer, I kind of expected better and more impressing graphics.... But I guess that's just me.Overall I never thought of Final Fantasy VII as the oh-what-a-great-game most people make it to be.... It's a good game (would be better without Cloud in it, IMO he was such a poor excuse for a hero, no flaming, it's just my opinion so hold yer horses) it wouldn't matter to me a remake of FFVII, if they make it, good, if they don't, oh well. But the trailer was supposed to show the power of the graphics of PS3, even though, the graphics weren't what I wasn't expecting, IMO the I have seen better on PS2.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Not suprising. They know tons of people want it, and they know they will make a lot of money. So it seems logical.

However, I do not think there should be a remake. I personally think it doesn't deserve it.

Posted by Pit

You've seen better graphics on the PS2 in real time?

Bull.

THAT WAS TO THE GUY ABOVE YOU VAMPOLARBEAR.

Posted by Ant

I'd buy it cause I'm a stupid fanboy like that :cool2:

Quoting Pit: You've seen better graphics on the PS2 in real time?

Bull.

THAT WAS TO THE GUY ABOVE YOU VAMPOLARBEAR.

The graphics on that trailer looked pretty much as a movie from a PS2 game to me, the graphics weren't exactly what I was expecting from a next generation console, if you think I have seen a hoax, I'd be glad to watch the real one, but, in the meantime I still stick to my opinion.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748460/vids_1.html

Here it is. I don't know how you could say it wasn't impressive. That's definitely next-gen (or better). Just look at all the detail!

Quoted post: The graphics on that trailer looked pretty much as a movie from a PS2 game to me

That's because most of those are CG.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Looks pretty good. I'm not extremely excited about any rumors, but I'd definitely pick up the game were it released.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Of course they'll do a remake, i'd be sad if they don't, and developers tend to always fulfill my dreams. Years ago i dreamed of a seeing RE going in a new direction and i even thought it'd be cool to see Leon star in it. Another wish i had was to see a game based on greek mythology, but it seemed unlikely and even if they did make one it would probably be mediocre at best. . .

Capcom and Sony made my dreams come true, now it's up to Square-Enix to remake my favorite game. Don't take too long k?[/COLOR]

I think they will, eventually, make a Final Fantasy remake.... I mean c'mon, how can they lose that oportunity to make loads of money? I don't think they would, plus with the attrocities the lastest Final Fantasies are, they need some boost before they ruin themselves completely. I think they are just being hermetic with us not letting us know about it, cos, to a lot of gamers Final Fantasy VII is the *** of RPG's. They do this kinda stuff.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I don't think there should be a remake of FF7 at all. The game is good and fun how it is. If they change it, it probably won't be anymore. I'm already satisfied with the classic FF7. Why change something you're happy with?

The fact that people want it is just silly. Since FF4 came out for the SNES, but titled "Final Fantasy II", hardcore fans did some homework, and released they skipped a few, and have been demanding FF3 ever since, and it still hasn't been released. I've heard it's in the works, but I'm not sure.

The point is simple. People think they want it, but I'd bet that the hardcore FF7 fans will be disappointed in any remake.

Quoted post: but I'd bet that the hardcore FF7 fans will be disappointed in any remake.

If I know hardcore FFVII fans, they will find a way to love pure **** if it has the FFVII name on it. Hell, they love the game after all...

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Vampiro: If I know hardcore FFVII fans, they will find a way to love pure **** if it has the FFVII name on it. Hell, they love the game after all...

Not really. I love Final Fantasy 1 for the NES, but I actually don't like FFOrigins, or FF:DoS. The real FF7 fans like the game because it's good, and most of the ones I talk to aren't looking forward to Dirge or even AC because of the whole "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing.

I can tell that you personally don't care for FF7, but you can't deny the game's significance. Even if you don't like it, a lot of people did, and it's become one of the most popular games in history. I mean, that may not make it a great game, but it does make it something.

While I like FF7, I'm not a diehard FF7 fan. My favorite is 6 or Tactics. But FF7 is great game, IMO, and to remake a game that is already great is stupid. Maybe if they took a game that sucked and improved upon it, or something.

Posted by Random

Quoting boomstick: Wouldn't surprise me, people would definately go for it, I have my own beef about the game, but I know most would probably drool for a remake.

I'm already sitting in a Bath Tub full of Drool..

Posted by Xenos

Ah another money cow. But if they do release it, I'll buy it or pirate it just to see. Though I enjoy the gameplay and simplicity of the first. I didn't really like anyone in the game to be honest... Though I'm curious to see what will be changed besides the graphics in this game.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I would buy it. Sure Sqaure is just using it to get more money, but so are alot of other companys. But I'm afraid that they may change it, like add things to the story or something, and that would really kill it for me. If they do remake it, I hope that they don't add stuff to it.

Posted by Legend Saber

Final Fantasy VII is the greatest game ever made, and frankly, this remake is overdue. Though I'm glad that it's coming out on a console with enough power to do the original justice, as if this remake looks anything close to how good that PS3 Tech Demo looked, I think I'll literally **** my pants once I get a hold of it. In my opinion, PS3 is worth getting if only because of the remote possibility of this brilliant game being remade for it.

Posted by project101

Quoting The Dark Harmonixer: I think they will, eventually, make a Final Fantasy remake.... I mean c'mon, how can they lose that oportunity to make loads of money? I don't think they would, plus with the attrocities the lastest Final Fantasies are, they need some boost before they ruin themselves completely. I think they are just being hermetic with us not letting us know about it, cos, to a lot of gamers Final Fantasy VII is the *** of RPG's. They do this kinda stuff.

Better graphics I dont think thats possible.

Posted by Speedfreak

For the love of Christ, as if 4 sequels wasn't enough.

Posted by Klarth

Seeing as I'm gonna buy a PS2 soon / ask for one for my birthday just for Tales of Legendia, Eternia, Rebirth and The Abyss, I'd probably pick this one up. Looks like quite a playable game if it's developed such a hoarde of idiot fanboys, if you ask me.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I heard on X-play that they showed the demo in Japan, but didn't call it a tech demo or anything. Does this mean it will be released as a real game?

Posted by Random

Not fully sure. I believe they will make a Sequel eventually. Why not..? It's only like one of the Best Selling Games of all time. And it's a popular game none the less. They'd be stupid not to make a sequel.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Gamespot.com was saying that SquareEnix showed the tech demo off when they showed a trailer of all their up coming games.

Ever since the short clip's debut in May during Sony's E3 press conference, there has been talk that the footage shown is evidence that Square Enix intends to release a remake of the FFVII. The talk started up again with renewed interest, as the clip took centerstage during a compilation of trailers shown of upcoming Square Enix games. We took the opportunity to talk to a Square Enix rep for the internal division within the company, whose focus is on the properties relating to Final Fantasy VII, to get the scoop.

I hope SquareEnix remakes this perfect game.

Posted by Arczu

If they do, then they cannot, CANNOT screw around with the materia system. They can probably add, but they sure as hell cannot start removing and adding random ones all over the place.

If they add anything, which they most likely will, then it shouls be some extra bosses. Ones that use rules in order to be defeated. If they make bosses that have to be deafeated a different way, instead of always killing them with over powered attacks, it would add more fun.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I think they could add a few new areas. NOTHING TO THE STORY THOUGH. IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT IS! But they could add side quest areas or something. I hope they don't had new characters or something stupid like that.

Posted by Random

Yes I totally agree. Don't add any characters or really change the storyline. It's a great storyline. Just need to add more to the Game. A few more boss's, a few more missions, maybe another skirmish with Sephiroth before you kill him off.. Up the graphics etc etc.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Since i'm seeing people post their wishlist of things they'd like to see in a possible remake, i'll also add some of my own ideas.

1) Something Arczu pointed out which is extremely important is the materia system. It's already perfect as it is so it should not be changed at all, only added upon. The exclusion being the Summon materia. . .

2) After FF7, the rest of the games gave a more significant role to the summons, they weren't just in the same category as magic materia, they had personality and reasons for joining or not wanting to join with your team. Instead of just finding materia with summons in them, it could be like FFVIII where you had to find and fight them to convince them to join your team. Imagine finally reaching the small island where you get the KotRT summon, but now instead of just grabbing them, you have to fight them.

3) Limit Breaks have to be redone. I'm talking about the likes of FFVIII and FFX. If limits breaks become as interactive as what you see in the mentioned games, it would make battles a lot more fun. Pulling off an Omnislash could in turn be more difficult, but much more satisfying as well.

4) All i'm going to say is a next-generation Gold Saucer better be 3 times as big as the original. That means a bigger locale, a lot more places to explore and triple the amount of mini-games. All the games like snowboarding, basketball, motorcycle, and even arm wrestling should all be improved upon. And don't even get me started on the Chocobo races, speaking of which. . .

5) Chocobo Breeding was a great addition to the game and a nice break from the story. So for a PS3 treatment, it should be expanded in every way imaginable.

6) Vincent and Yuffie should be given more lines and more dialogue, and should also be included in the ending cutscene.

That's all i can think of for now.[/COLOR]

Posted by Marluxia

Sry guys I know this is really random but I have a question. Can anyone tell me if marlene in FFVII is ever mentioned to be or realated to an ancient?? Me and my friend have very different views on this and I cant remember (been awhile since i played it). Thanks

Posted by Cloudstud

I dont think that she was ever related to aries or ever mentioned to be related to the ancients in any way.

Posted by HELLbillie

She was never mentioned to be an ancient. Where did that come from?

Posted by Cloudstud

I dont think it came from anywhere. She was never at any point linked to the a ncients. Probably just misunderstood a part or somthing.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I wouldn't buy a PS3 for it, and I'd rather it come out on PS2, but this is a good idea. I got into the first game VERY late, 2002 or so, and by then, the graphics were so outdated that they were pretty much just annoying, and the 2D walking around scenes were annoying and reminded me of B-level PC games. I'd love an all-3D remake of it...