local music

Posted by thelaststand

here are some local bands where i live, i just wanted to know what you think of them:
[url]www.purevolume.com/meandhimcallitus[/url] (grindcore)
[url]www.purevolume.com/theugly[/url], [url]www.myspace.com/theugly[/url] (hardcore)
[url]www.purevolume.com/writtendownthebarrel[/url] (hardcore)
[url]www.myspace.com/excusetheblood[/url] (metal)
im not sure if the myspace sites will work, because i couldn't get to them while i was posting, but i know there up

Posted by Porcupine

They were pretty bad, but it's okay, our local bands suck, too. :cool:

Posted by segashadow128gcn

we have one here thats playing to night that i like, but i am not going.. i have sence them already i dont know they might be on pruevolume, the bands name is Copy Copy

Posted by MetalVox~55

We have a local band around here called VOC: Victims of Chaos.

what a unique name :rolleyes:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I don't even know most of my local band names. I just know that they all suck.

Posted by Ant

Their is one here called Luckdown that is decent in my opinion. They are kinda emoish...but decent. One song I liked was called "My Wish". But, I doubt any of our 1337 vgc music force would like it.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2339771&Mytoken=20050731194638

Posted by Shin-Ra

All the local bands in the Port Neches/Beaumont area are either screamo, christian rock or hardcore. I dislike every one of them that I've heard, with the exception of one Christian Rock group and that was because a friend of mine was the guitarist, so I was a tad biased. So besides that, there's nothing around here. Hopefully that'll change when I start putting together my own stuff in the future.

I guess Houston is in a close enough proximity to my house to be considered "local". Most of the stuff there is the same screamo and hardcore crap around here, but there are a couple of black metal and grindcore bands too. Which surprisingly, black metal's getting to be pretty big in Texas. Gates of Enoch hails from Houston actually, and they're pretty good.

Posted by Dexter

I went to see a local band this last Friday and I found it horrible, like most other local bands I go to. I don't care for anything local I've heard. When I lived in Montana, however, there was a local Christian band by the name of 30 Minutes From Home that I used to enjoy. Then again, I really don't care much for concerts like I used to. Portland has a few decent, appreciated bands, but I'm not much into them.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting Shin-Ra: All the local bands in the Port Neches/Beaumont area are either screamo, christian rock or hardcore. I dislike every one of them that I've heard, with the exception of one Christian Rock group and that was because a friend of mine was the guitarist, so I was a tad biased. So besides that, there's nothing around here. Hopefully that'll change when I start putting together my own stuff in the future.

I guess Houston is in a close enough proximity to my house to be considered "local". Most of the stuff there is the same screamo and hardcore crap around here, but there are a couple of black metal and grindcore bands too. Which surprisingly, black metal's getting to be pretty big in Texas. Gates of Enoch hails from Houston actually, and they're pretty good.

I live in Houston, and I have to say that all the local metal bands suck pretty large amounts of ***. Except my band of corse XP.