As I Lay Dying, Zao, and Aphex Twin

Posted by segashadow128gcn

3 random of the top of my head artist/bands that i love, from the many i love. that i havent seen on here

Aphex Twin- unexplanable in words to much good to even begin to start. utter amazment in my ears. the best electronic artist ever Richard D. James.

As I Lay Dying- one of the best metal-core bands i have heard i love them and there new cd shadows are security is amazing the song the darkest nights is so good. i wish they let the singing out just a tad bit more though.

Zao- pretty much the founders in the metal-core catigory, they were the ones doing it first i wont lie i dont no much about them but they have went though alot and made it through disregardding all the changes in band members they sound as good as ever from 96-04 there amazing.

i was just wondering if anyone else had some input for these artis/bands.

feel free to bash them if you must i dont mind, i will love it anyway, and it will stilll be beautiful musical creations that takes more talent than what most all music dose these days anyway.

:-D

Posted by thelaststand

AILD's new cd sounds pretty much like their old one, i mean its pretty good, but its getting kind of old

Posted by TheSecondComing

I've always wondered why Aphex Twin aren't really that popular on VGChat. It strikes me as the kind of music that Raptor and Corrupt would ejaculate en masse to.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

ZAO was better when they were a religious band. Once they shed that image, they shed their previous sound that seemed to have really worked for them.

As I Lay Dying is OK. Nothing too great. The only thing I really like about the band is the drums, though the vocals have grown on me. Though, whatever I don't like about them is pretty much swept away when you see them live, as they put on quite a great show.

As for Aphex Twin... meh. Haven't heard much by them.

Posted by Corrupt

[quote=TheSecondComing]It strikes me as the kind of music that Raptor and Corrupt would ejaculate en masse to.

Yeah, I love Aphex Twin. :p I actually don't have a whole lot of material by them, but I do really enjoy what I've heard over the years. Songs like "Girl Boy Song," "Run the Place Red," and "To Cure a Weakling Child" are all fantastic.

I haven't heard anything by the other two artists, though I have heard of As I Lay Dying.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

i saw zao last year at some point in buffalo at an every time i die show. they were decent, if not below average.

aphex twin is great, but i question the "best electronic artist ever" statement.

Quoted post: they were decent, if not below average.

They're quite brutal live, especially now.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

Quoting Corrupt: Yeah, I love Aphex Twin. :p I actually don't have a whole lot of material by them, but I do really enjoy what I've heard over the years. Songs like "Girl Boy Song," "Run the Place Red," and "To Cure a Weakling Child" are all fantastic.

I haven't heard anything by the other two artists, though I have heard of As I Lay Dying.

yeah i have drukqs, (its a 2 disc) selected abmient works 1 and 2 (2 is a 2 disc as well) Classics, i care because you do, and the richard d james album i think i have a total of 106 songs by him. and i think that drukqs is amazing.

Quoting rivercitytecmo: i saw zao last year at some point in buffalo at an every time i die show. they were decent, if not below average.

aphex twin is great, but i question the "best electronic artist ever" statement.

well i guess but what would go upthere on electronic music in your opinion i am really wondering thats all.

:)

Posted by MetalVox~55

I really can't say that i'm a big fan of either of these groups.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting Vampiro: They're quite brutal live, especially now.

really? it must've been an off night for them, then. the show was some sort of benefit show for a roadie of every time i die's and it was also a hometown show for them. so, perhaps zao didn't want to upstage them.

Quoted post: really? it must've been an off night for them, then. the show was some sort of benefit show for a roadie of every time i die's and it was also a hometown show for them. so, perhaps zao didn't want to upstage them.

By brutal I meant horrible. Either way, I doubt Zao would have a problem upstaging anyone, as they appear to be more legendary than ETID.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

oh, bol sry.

the entire show wasn't that great, but a friend wanted to go so i said sure.

Posted by Klarth

I like aphex twin quite a bit. there are some interesting videos with aphex twin and boards of canada music in the background at [url=www.fat-pie.com]fat pie[/url], which is actually how I got into them both.