Best MMORPG of all time?

Posted by Heh

Id have to say Final Fantasy 11, but thats me. Everquest and Worlds of Warcraft are good too.

Posted by Map42892

XI, but people dont give it enough credit. played everquest before, it comes in a VERY CLOSE 2nd.

Posted by Fuma

Got a question, Ive never played everquest,can you see your character while playing or is it first person point of view like a shooter game??

Posted by FuriCuri22

Lineage 2.

Posted by iwantall

morrowind, game of the year edition. So it has its problems but it cannot even be compared to any mere rpg's its almost an mmorpg in sise and freedom, however its more personal you can create your character to your specific needs unlike runescape or everquest.

Posted by iwantall

Quoting Heh: Id have to say Final Fantasy 11, but thats me. Everquest and Worlds of Warcraft are good too.

final fantasy 11, only on pc, whats with that? afraid ive never played but if ffx2 is anything like it then its crap. the kind of slap in the face to the ff line ffx had the right idea ... sort of. but then to do a 180 and f**** up all they had going for them . shyte absolute shyte. switch everquest for runescape and you will have opened your eyes to real mmorpg gaming. when morrowind oblivion comes out you will all forget any intrest you had in your pathetic games

Posted by Fei-on Castor

EQ 4-3vah!!

I love EQ. I'm so hooked on it, or was, rather.

It's just a nice chance to escape the real world and live a happier life.

Fei-on

Posted by Fpsmastaps2

What about Ragnorok? It's a good game

Posted by Dragon X

Everquest FF11.Its one or the other

Posted by Dark

I love Ragnarok Online. I am hooked to it :D

Posted by Golden Archer

Well my opinion doesnt really matter but- coughfairylandcough, but the whole mmorpg fan base does, heres the top list of mmorpgs
1.World of warcraft
2.Eve
3.Anarchy online
4.City of heroes
5. Everquest
6. Dark age of cam.
7.The matrix online

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

World of Warcraft, no questions asked.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

I always wanted to play FFXI but i didn't feel like the paying the monthly bill like i've heard about. i've seen everquest seems fun. But I have to stick with what I started Diablo 2:LOD can't live without it. Been playing for over 2 yrs. One word: GODLY

Posted by Klarth

Anarchy Online.

I'm astounded that it's only been mentioned once so far. Seriously, it kicks ffxi and camelot in the ass.

Posted by William

[quote=iwantall]final fantasy 11, only on pc, whats with that? afraid ive never played but if ffx2 is anything like it then its crap.

It's not like FFX-2 AT ALL, and secondly, FFXI isn't just on PC. You can play it on your PS2 as well, as long as you have the proper things needed.

My pick...FFXI. It's the only MMORPG that I've played, and it is quite fun as well as addicting. My only complaint is the fact that you HAVE to party up with people, especially after you pass level 15-20, if you want to gain any experience and levels that is.

The problem with partying up with others, is that you can get stuck with complete idiots or power hogs; or alternatively, you can just be stuck for hours (or even days...) trying to get a party, which had happened to me quite a few times.

Posted by Yoshikiller483

in my point of view for online free mmorpg is Runescape. It is a very fun game in my pont of view and it shall remian my favorite one. Im playing Duegon Seige right now

Posted by Granseal

Bowie Online for sure.

Posted by Cloudstud

No contest definitely WOW. So beautiful and imaginative!

Posted by Baconbitzz00

Runescape and Adventure Quest are good if u dont wanna pay. But besides that I'd go with WoW.

Posted by kinco

I have to give my vote to Guild Wars. Opeth and I were ADDICTED to EverQuest Online Adventures for over 2 years and had some good times with that game, but I still have to tip my hat to Guild Wars.

Posted by Boner

Quoting kinco: I have to give my vote to Guild Wars. Opeth and I were ADDICTED to EverQuest Online Adventures for over 2 years and had some good times with that game, but I still have to tip my hat to Guild Wars.

Yeah, I should still have that account available. All I need to do is reactivate it. I still have about 40 mill Tunar and about 50 mill worth of rares. I should sell that sh!t. Meh....it's all in the past. Perhaps it's just best to leave it that way.

Posted by Majeh717

I would have to say Guild Wars for the PC

Posted by El Capitan

^

Yeah Guild Wars is great, I love that game. I would have to say its my favorite MMORPG game and its my only.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

1. Star Wars Galaxies >_> <_< >_>
2. Dark Age of Camelot
3. World of Warcraft
4. Everquest
5. City of Heroes

Posted by Piggy101

to me i would have to say Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction

Posted by SoraRoxas321

Wow Pwnz0rz all =D

Posted by Xenos

I play Maple Story the most - even though it's far from being the best MMO. I'd say WoW or Guild Wars.

Posted by S

I'd have to say FFXI, however flawed it may be in the end game scenario, it blows many of the other games away in beauty. Not to mention the versatility of it.

Posted by Catmandofoo

if morrowind was a mmorpg it would be the best out there

Posted by Kit

Morrowind isn't Online, or Multiplayer. You can't say it's your favourite MMORPG if it isn't an MMORPG.
AdventureQuest isn't Multiplayer either. Seriously, some people should learn what an MMORPG is. :/

I'd have to say World of Warcraft. It's the only MMORPG that I've played longer than a few levels and stuck to. Final Fantasy XI was fun, but it takes forever to level up and you can't get a good party running for long, easily.

Posted by Veiraza

Whatever it may be, it sure ain't Maple Story. I cannot believe I wasted so much time of my life on that piece of ****.

Posted by KoH

World of Warcraft. Simply put, it's THE reason why MMOs are now so popular in everday conversation.

Btw, I'm not sure if you guys know this well kept secret, but there's an actual MMO board right here on VGC!

Posted by GaaraOfTheSand

Well, I guess ima haff to go with WoW i mean.... cmon its friggin WoW

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting KoH:
Btw, I'm not sure if you guys know this well kept secret, but there's an actual MMO board right here on VGC!

Way to keep the secret.

Of the few MMORPG's I've played, Guild Wars is the best.

Posted by Poco

City of Villains.

FF XI blows ***. Besides not being able to solo past level 10, it's a ****ty grindfest. Also, the racist Japaneese don't help.

Posted by Zeatha

wow and guild wars

Posted by TheSorrow

Guild Wars