Question about 8 CM CD's

Posted by Proto Man

I usually burn music on 8cm CD's, but my question is though, will the 8cm CD's work in self loading car players, or are they too small? That is what my dad has in his truck.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Think it depends on the player your putting them in. Try and see?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting NegativeTrend: Think it depends on the player your putting them in. Try and see?

I would, but I don't want to risk wrecking my dad's player. :(

Posted by higbvuyb

You mean the small ones? No, they will not. Don't use them. They are far too expensive, and hold less.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting higbvuyb: You mean the small ones? No, they will not. Don't use them. They are far too expensive, and hold less.

They aren't that expensive. I use them to burn singles, or just smaller playlists so I don't waste my big 700 MB/80 min CD's Plus I LOVE the size of them, their cute. :)

Posted by higbvuyb

They're about 3 dollars each here.

Posted by loony636

You WILL stuff upi your dad's cd player if you try that. DO NOT DO IT. If you're about to do it STOP RIGHT NOW!!! It is not compatible, just burn your songs to a normal CD (ie 700m) and use that. Don't love the size of them, learn to hate the size of them and go back to the 700mb CDs. Mini-CD technology in cars is non-existant now. Its only know that MP3 compatible cars are coming out. So they're quite behind in technology.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting loony636: You WILL stuff upi your dad's cd player if you try that. DO NOT DO IT. If you're about to do it STOP RIGHT NOW!!!
Don't repeat what I said. It's a waste of forum space.

[quote]It is not compatible, just burn your songs to a normal CD (ie 700m) Normal CDs are 700 metres now?

[quote]Mini-CD technology in cars is non-existant now. Its only know that MP3 compatible cars are coming out. So they're quite behind in technology.

Mini-CD's? they aren't called Mini-CD's, and nor were cars ever compatible with them. Are you talking about MiniDiscs? They're totally different.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting higbvuyb: They're about 3 dollars each here.

I can pick up a pack of 10 for about $6 at Walmart.

Quoting loony636: Don't love the size of them, learn to hate the size of them and go back to the 700mb CDs

No, I will always love the size of them. As far as using the 700mb CD's, I use them for my really big playlists, and I guess I will have to use those whenever I want to play music in my dad's truck. Until they make players that allow them.

Quoting higbvuyb: Normal CDs are 700 metres now?

He meant Mega bytes.

Anyhow, thanks for the info guys.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Uhh... a packet of fifty 80min CDs can be picked up for around

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Wings: Has it occurred to you to put, for example, more than one single on each disc, or to burn multiple playlists onto - again - one 700mb disc?

When I say single, I mean one song on one CD. I was using my mom's 700mb/80min discs for just one song. She didn't like this, so now for burning singles, I just use these smaller 210/24 min 8CM discs.

I said before that I use the 700mb/80min discs for when I burn huge playlists. I also use the smaller CD's for making smaller playlists as well as burning singles.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

No offence, but one song per disc is fucking stupid. Use multisession, or something.

EDIT: Also, we might be about to eat our words - doesn't the Revolution's self-loading drive take GameCube discs?