Dragonball Z Sparkings/Budokai Tenkaichi

Posted by Majin Yusuke

This is a new DBZ game that is coming out on PS2. The JP version is called Sparkings and the US version is called Budokai Tenkaichi.

Goku (Base, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJ4)
Gohan (Android/Cell Saga) (Base, SSJ, SSJ2)
Gohan (Buu Saga) (Base, SSJ2)
Goten (Base, SSJ)
Piccolo
Kuririn
Vegeta (Base, SSJ, USSJ, SSJ2, SSJ4)
F.Trunks (Base, SSJ, USSJ(2))
Kid Trunks (Base, SSJ)
Yamucha
Tenshinhan
Chaozu
Raditz
Nappa
Zarbon (Base, Monster Form)
Dodoria
Guldo
Jeice
Burter
Recoome
Ginyu
Freeza (Base, 3rd Form, Final Form, Cyborg)
Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Android 19
Android 20/Dr. Gero
Cell (Imperfect. 17 absorbed, Perfect)
Cell Jr.
Majin (Fat) Buu
Evil Buu (a.k.a. Grey old Buu)
Super Buu (Base, Gohan Absorbed)
Kid Buu
Tao Pai Pai
Cooler (Final Form)
Broly (LSSJ)
Bojack (Transformed)
Janenba
Baby Vegeta
Super 17
Vegetto (Base, Super Vegetto)
Gotenks (SSJ)
Gogeta (SSJ2, SSJ4)

Also, the Oozaru form is confirmed.

Characters from all 13 movies has been said to be in the game.

Also note, some sites are saying that all characters from Budokai 3 will be in this game(But I'm just waiting to see if that is true).

So far it has been stated that it's has over 50-60 characters and over 90 if count the transformations.

As of now, it still seems like that there is no In-Game Transformation.

There is battle damage in this game(As the battle goes, the character's appearance changes due to the damage it recieves).

Confirm stages as of now:
Mountains
Desert
Plains
Kami's Lookout
Namek
Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Cell Ring
Islands
World Tournament
City

Each stage are said to be destructable, which means the World Tournament Stage is also destructable as well.

Gameplay Modes:
Single-Player Dragon
Two-Player Versus
Ultimate Battle
Dragon Capsule
Evolution Z modes
Worlds Martial Arts Tournament
Z Gate Mode

Expect Cut Scenes to be back in the story mode.

Z Gate Mode is basically the thing I found out weeks ago on a JPN site where you can over 100(Well, 150 now) situations/battles.

The story mode is 50% longer than Budokai 3(Including the "What If" storylines).

Traditional collection of Capsules.

Stuff such as stages, characters, and as well things from the anime(Scenes and lines) are unlockable by playing through Z Gate Mode.

Controls of the game:
Square Button: Physical Attack
Triangle Button: Ki blast
Circle Button: Guard
R1: Lift off the Ground
R2: Land on the ground
L1: Search the Ki of your oppoentnent
L2: Charge Ki
L2 + Direction Button: Dash towards your opponent
X button + Direction Button: Step (Side Step)
Up + X Button: Throw
L2 + Triangle Button: Blast Button
R3: Centers the camera
Also note, each character can also fire a Generic Big Ki blast/ball that doesn't count as a blast move.

The Green bar is the Health Bar.
The Yellow bar is the Ki Bar.
The Blue bar and the 3 balls are the Blast Bar.

*NOTE* The official site stated that's what the bars are but it seems like they keep changing it and hopefully Bandai will fix it or finalize it on their Official Website.

In order to use the Blast moves, you must have the right amount of Blast Balls filled. The Balst bar will fill in time. Example: You must have 3 Blast Balls filled to use an Ultimate Blast(Blast 3).

**You also use your KI when doing Blast 2 moves and Ultimate Blast moves**

Blast 1: In order to use a strong blast, it is wise to use Blast 1, in which moves such as Kaioken and Taiyoken(Solar Flare) are used.

Blast 2: Rather then using small Ki blasts, use a Ki blast with more Power, which is Blast 2, the Signiture Moves(Such as Kamehameha, Galic Gun).

Ultimate Blast(Blast 3): If you want to do a huge damage in one hit, then use a signiture move that surpasses a Signiture move, the Ultimate Blast(Blast 3). When Ki gauge is full and you time it right, it will hit the opponent.

Each Character will have one of each Blast moves(This is still unkown).

In Air Battles: They are a battle of Speed and use your Ki attacks well

In Air vs. On Ground Battle: You can move easily in air, but cannot hide; you can hide easily, but can

Posted by Majin Yusuke

I got this info from Zasentaman from Gamefaqs.com. Also, you can create your own Z- character.

Posted by boomstick

All anime-based games go in the gaming boards.

Posted by brownoystercult

This game actually looks to be promising. I loved Budokai 3 but it was lacking of something. And I love how you can fly off the ground with a press of the button. Looks great.

Posted by sabre

Fighting Games lol :mad:

Posted by GreyFox36

I already have a thread on this game but not nearly as much info as you! This info is great. Also [url]www.dranet.com[/url] has some pretty good scans of some pictures. And if they do have all the characters from the 13 movies, then they should probably have Super Android 13 who if they did I would be so psyched about it and I would love to play with him. Also they are putting the 2nd form of Frieza (With the big head).

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Sabredog: Fighting Games lol :mad:

Beam shooting fighting games. ;)

Posted by GreyFox36

I hope they put Bardock/Turles in this game just like they did in the 3rd game. Also what do you mean you can make you're own Z-character?

Posted by Diddins

they said there would be all the characters in budokai 3 remember, and that never happened and they said you can create your own chacacter, so dont beileve everything you hear, experience it your self when it comes out in november

Posted by stepharneo

by create your own character they actually mean choose moves for said character, (slightly of topic) although the new soul caliber did it so why not dbz. plus i watched an interview that said "every" android, so i'm not sure if they were just being ignorant or if you can actually use the androids 13-15. anyway i hope you can be the fat janemba and that fusion between tien and yamcha. btw gohan also has mystic saiyan/saiyajin, mr.satan/hercule is also in the game, yay (sarcasticaly). but seriously this game sounds like its gonna play just like zone of the enders, which i might add is a good thing. oh and before i forget i heard off of an interview that there are a confirmed 60 characters and 40 transformation's. wow i can't wait.

Posted by goku262003

Quoting Diddins: they said there would be all the characters in budokai 3 remember, and that never happened and they said you can create your own chacacter, so dont beileve everything you hear, experience it your self when it comes out in november

yeah true but this isnt that same group as the ppl who made budokai 1-3 maybe this new devloping group will keep their word.