Hawthorne Heights

Posted by kaseyrocks

Hello fellow members of video game chat, I was curious how many of you enjoy the music by the band Hawthorne Heights? I would add my own opinion to this thread or at least elaborate more on this by giving information on the band, but I'm entirely lazy and lack any sort of creativity that shows that I am a worthwhile member here.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Garrett, I love your ability to edit the above post. You get insta-<3

Posted by Shin-Ra

I've never heard them. Is that the band with the singer whose comb-over wig fell off in the middle of their show? Regardless, a guy I know has mentioned them to me, and I hate his taste in music, so I have a sneaking suspicion I'd dislike this.

Quoting MetalVox~55: Garrett, I love your ability to edit the above post. You get insta-<3

Whatever are you talking about? :angel:

Posted by segashadow128gcn

cut my dick and knot my ears i am sorry but oh my ***....i hate them

Posted by Kaise Suratu

- Hawthorne Heights is a good band... I'm going to get a lot of negative comments about this, but I'm into Emo bands like Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, Fall Out Boy, The Used, My Chemical Romance, Blink- 182, Silverstein, Paramore, Avenged Sevenfold (if you would qualify that as emo), Count the Stars, Matchbook Romance, (went on the warp tour), Academy Is, Story of the Year, and All American Rejects. I don't like comericial Emo bands like Simple Plan, or someone who is in it for the money.

- I laugh at what people have said about Emo, and to be honest most people here only say they hate Emo because everyone else disagrees with Emo music. I know some people can't even pronounce Emo.

- So yes. The trend follows on, but I don't care and neither you all should. Don't stay up all night trying to figure out how to counter post me, because I'm not going to post back. I was like one of you in till I started writing music lyrics, and understanding people. It's called creative writing, and deep sorrowful poetry.

- That's not all I listen to, and although I listen to Emo, I enjoy listening to Sum 41, Green Day, Third Eye Blind, Trapt, Zepplin, ***smack, Disturbed, S.O.A.D, Sugar Cult, Aerosmith, Nirvana, Smile Empty Soul, Weezer, Metallica, Oasis, REM, Lynard Skynard, and a few others so I am very flexible when it comes to music. I'm also in a band and play at local cafes, play backup guitarist. I have knowledge of music.

- Now tell me why you all hate Emo music?

- I'm not saying I cut my wrist and black my eyes but it cheers the kids up when they listen to it. The melody, and creativity is outstanding with a mix of brilliant lyrics is emo. Listening to music such as that just drowns my feelings away from me, and puts me in a different mood. It inspires me to write lyrics, and poetry. Some of you are closed minded idiots. Some of you agree with me.

- Once again, I'm going to get
"Just Another Cloud In the Sky Disagrees -1000 rep for you!"

By the way I picked this post because I don't want to resurrect a really old thread. I just picked out thread with a band that was Emo knowing someone will put down/edit the person's post.

Garette, don't edit peoples post, for crying out loud, I just now reread the first post of the thread and I realized that someone edited his post. So I don't know what he really said, and this thread isn't locked (and if he said something he shouldn't have it would've been locked is my common sense) and now I'm confused after I spent 5 mins writing this entry. ****it I could've microwaved a hotpocket. Thanks a lot. THANKS...

Posted by Shade

They sound like every generic rock band I've ever heard. They get some spotlight now, and a year from now nobody will know who they are.

By the by, My Chemical Romance blows.

Posted by Hyper

Kaise Suratu fails for not knowing what emo actually is. Emo sucks and so does what you think is emo :) Every band you listed is talentless and is, in my eyes, an annoying fad/drain on society.

[quote]The melody, and creativity is outstanding with a mix of brilliant lyrics is emo.

Melody, creativity, and brilliant lyrics can be attributes of just about any kind of music.

Posted by Ch

I honestly can't stand their music. It's so whiney and that guy doing the emo screams in the backround irratates me to an extreme.

Posted by s0ul

Saying the creativity in emo is outstanding is a ridiculous statement. How is writing about feelings everyone has outstandingly creative? I also like how you referred to all those bands I see every night on hours of terrible MTV music videos as not being commercial.

Why do these musicians think we want to hear about their feelings? Boooooring.

P.S. Oh yeah, Hawthorne Heights sucks. But we all knew that.

Posted by Hyper

To be honest, I don't even think it's their actual feelings. I'm pretty sure they write their music (or have someone else write it) based on what people want to hear, not what they actually think, which makes them suck even more.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Kaise Suratu:
Garette, don't edit peoples post, for crying out loud, I just now reread the first post of the thread and I realized that someone edited his post. So I don't know what he really said, and this thread isn't locked (and if he said something he shouldn't have it would've been locked is my common sense) and now I'm confused after I spent 5 mins writing this entry. ****it I could've microwaved a hotpocket. Thanks a lot. THANKS...

- Don't call me by my name. Even if you do, don't misspell it.

- He said something like "yo who all likes hawthorne heights?" and I edited it because he made numerous threads exactly like that with absolutely no content. Editing it would discourage him from posting like that. Plus, it's way more fun than simply locking the thread.

- Don't tell me how to moderate.

- You're welcome. I'll eat the should-have-been hotpocket, thanks.

[quote]I enjoy listening to Sum 41, Green Day, Third Eye Blind, Trapt, Zepplin, ***smack, Disturbed, S.O.A.D, Sugar Cult, Aerosmith, Nirvana, Smile Empty Soul, Weezer, Metallica, Oasis, REM, Lynard Skynard, and a few others so I am very flexible when it comes to music.
Listening to stuff that would probably wind up coming out of the same radio station isn't flexible at all. Most of the mentioned bands are very pop, easily accessible, and pretty much following a very structured format. I'm not saying any of them are bad, just that this isn't anything to boast about.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Bahahaha, How many times have I told you I love you, Gar? Clearly, it has not been enough.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

This song sums up emo perfectly. http://emosong.ytmnd.com/
Theres my contribution to this thread.
Later

Posted by Fate

The only song I know is that something-or-other-Ohio song, and I hated it. :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Bahahaha, How many times have I told you I love you, Gar? Clearly, it has not been enough.

Quoted for emphasis.

Posted by TheSecondComing

The sad part is, in stereotyping emo music, you guys are missing out on a lot of great music. As well as being hypocrites - if I had a nickel for every time I'd heard a metal fan talk about how the mainstream stereotyped his favourite music and didn't listen to enough quality underground bands to truly appreciate the genre, I'd be able to buy the vintage Fender Jaguar I so desperately crave.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting TheSecondComing: The sad part is, in stereotyping emo music, you guys are missing out on a lot of great music. As well as being hypocrites - if I had a nickel for every time I'd heard a metal fan talk about how the mainstream stereotyped his favourite music and didn't listen to enough quality underground bands to truly appreciate the genre, I'd be able to buy the vintage Fender Jaguar I so desperately crave.

Maybe emo kids should stop dressing like little queers and stop their **** moping around if they dont want to be stereotyped. The music...I can have a tiny bit of respect for, but the fans...no. And i'm sure i'm not missing out on much, just a bazillion bands that sound EXACTLY the same.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Reminds me of another genre and its fans...

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Kaise Suratu: -- That's not all I listen to, and although I listen to Emo, I enjoy listening to Sum 41, Green Day, Third Eye Blind, Trapt, Zepplin, ***smack, Disturbed, S.O.A.D, Sugar Cult, Aerosmith, Nirvana, Smile Empty Soul, Weezer, Metallica, Oasis, REM, Lynard Skynard, and a few others so I am very flexible when it comes to music. I'm also in a band and play at local cafes, play backup guitarist. I have knowledge of music. .

I like how you spelled Lynyrd Skynyrd wrong.

*cuts wrists*