Favorite Meteos Planet

Posted by Drewboy64

What is your favorite? Mine would have to be Forte because I can get screen clears all the time and do damage to an enemy or make tons of points in deluge.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Although I haven't unlocked it, From recent expieriance, I'd have to say Havendor. I like it because when you launch Meteos combo's, they don't launch, they just dissapear. Proves well in panic type situations.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, Hevandor is cheap in multiplayer, too.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Yeah, Hevandor is cheap in multiplayer, too.

Yet incredibly effective.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Im sure that there is a counter to Havendor. Its always best to take your opponent out quickly, big combo's that are incredibley hard to stop for instance.Well, Im probably gonna go play Meteos, I havn't played it all day. Im trying to get enough to buy Meteo.

Edit : I unlocked havendor about 45 minutes ago... Im happy.

Posted by VicE

- Layazero, awesome music/sound effects.

- Hevendor, good for gathering Meteos and messing people up in multi.

- Dawndus, for some reason I'm really good at launching huge combos there, and the sound effect when a launched Meteos falls back down makes me giggle everytime.

- Brabbit, because of that trick/glitch that lets you launch like 300+ Meteos at once just by holding down the L button while there's a screen-width rocket at the very top of the screen

Posted by Drewboy64

dang, you know about the trick! My brother does that, only with Luna=Luna.

Posted by NightmareBassX

What trick? Please explain it to me. Its probably online but I don't like to look up cheats for games unless i have completely beaten the game.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: What trick? Please explain it to me. Its probably online but I don't like to look up cheats for games unless i have completely beaten the game.

Quoted post: - Brabbit, because of that trick/glitch that lets you launch like 300+ Meteos at once just by holding down the L button while there's a screen-width rocket at the very top of the screen

That pretty much explained it.

Posted by NightmareBassX

SO basically if I get a Super rocket and hold L while it launches at the top of the screen i'll get a bigger combo?

Posted by Drewboy64

or you step jump to get the whole thing up. The big chunk will not fall very much, if at all, when you press L, so all the meteos that land on top of the chunk will just get blasted back off. Luna=Luna and Brabbit are the best for this.

Posted by VicE

Yup. You use step-jumps or a super rocket to get a stack of Meteos as wide as the entire screen, then you keep doing combos to "juggle" it at the top of the screen while you hold the L button down. As long as the top of the Meteos stack is touching the top, any new Meteos that land on it will automatically be launched, allowing you to launch obscene amounts of them in a short amount of time. Cheap, but very effective. :)

It works on a couple other planets too (Wuud and Luna-Luna are good) but Brabbit is probably the best place to do it.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting VicE: Yup. You use step-jumps or a super rocket to get a stack of Meteos as wide as the entire screen, then you keep doing combos to "juggle" it at the top of the screen while you hold the L button down. As long as the top of the Meteos stack is touching the top, any new Meteos that land on it will automatically be launched, allowing you to launch obscene amounts of them in a short amount of time. Cheap, but very effective. :)

It works on a couple other planets too (Wuud and Luna-Luna are good) but Brabbit is probably the best place to do it.

Holy crap, That would work tremendously well against level 5 comps (In difficulty 5).

Posted by GameMiestro

You can do it with Bavoom too, but in reverse ( as the stack comes down.)

Ive unlocked everything, and my favorite planet happens to be Firim. When your hit with hundreds of meteo in the beginning of the game, theres not much you can do to save your self.

Some other tricks:

-Mekks can be amazingly difficult to beat if youre really fast. Simpily make a combo with the whole screen, and then keep making combos over and over again. You'll send this seemingly unlimited stream of meteos to your opponent, and you can get super high scores when youve hit 20x and higher combos. (It also works with Gigagush, but its really hard).

-Theres a reason your never seem to be able to beat a 5 star Gravitas. While it may seem like a crappier version of Hevendor, theres function in the madness. Just keep the bottom few rows incinerated. As long as they are, you will never have a nova, even if the screen is full!

-This isnt really a trick, but dont use Oleana in single pack multiplayer games. That planet really blows.

Posted by Drewboy64

with forte, I just ignite the whole bottom so i have the entire screen floating. THen I just wait for a chance to get a verticle ignition, and the whole chunk flies up.

Posted by Arczu

[Font=TImes New Roman]I like Layazero. SO freaking active. The best part is when you have a large stack of meteos falling down, because there is this awesome sound effect added to the music untill it hits the ground.

I checked with an official site, and each of the species of a planet have a size. For example, the Layazero species are 0.01cm tall... and the ones in Yooj are about 90m or more. I'd have to go and look at the chart again...
[/font]

Posted by Drewboy64

whoa, that's weird.

P.S. the website's here http://meteos.nintendods.com/planetarium.html