Which character do you chose when you play Mario Kart?

Posted by Bubblez

I've only played Mario Kart on the Super-Nes and once on the N64. If possible I always chose Yoshi. His driving skills fit me and I like Yoshi a lot. Which is your favourite character in the Mario Kart games? It doesn't matter for which system.

Posted by Kamek

For me it always is Yoshi. I think it started with the original Mario Kart. Having him playable was something that I thought was so amazing at the time. Also, I was pretty into the whole Yoshi thing way back when when there were many great Yoshi sites. (Cutest Yoshi PAge on the Web, LunaYoshi's artwork). Yoshi just seemed so cool. One of the best additions to the Mario series.

Posted by Nizmo

I always chose Toad. He seems to be the fastest, and lightest. Although, his handling could do with some tuning up. This was for the SNES version. The only other Mario Kart game I've played is Double Dash!! I use Baby Mario & Baby Luigi as the double-character combo; and I use the blue Mario cot as my car. My favourite special move is the Chomp, too.

Posted by VicE

Toad, ALWAYS Toad. Gotta love the little guy. :) In Double Dash I always pair him up with Koopa Troopa, they're the absolute best team with their special items.

Posted by Last Fog

I'ma Luigi! I'ma gonna win!

[IMG]http://nintendoforever.free.fr/GBA/MarioKartSC/images_MarioKartSC/MarioKartSC_LuigiKart.png[/IMG]

Posted by Iris

Yoshi - He has high acceleration but not as high as Toad or Peach and a higher top speed than Toad and Peach.

Donkey Kong - Kind of the opposite of Yoshi, low acceleration, but not as low as Bowser or Wario. He has high top speed, but not as high as Bowser or Wario.

So basically, I prefer ones that don't excel too much in one thing and aren't too crappy in another. The all around characters (Mario and Luigi) are kind of boring and aren't that great for some reason.

Posted by Last Fog

You don't wanna use Yoshi or toad in a tight map where you're in close contact, cause if they get bumped or hit with a weapon, they're screwed.

Posted by Iris

Anyone is screwed if they're hit with a weapon. Bumping is avoidable too, by the way.

Posted by Corrupt

For efficiency [and to use two of my favorite characters], I always use Bowser Jr. and Paratroopa in the Toad kart. That's proven extremely useful in my conquering of the game. [I still have some staff ghosts to unlock, but I don't really care about those].

For pure mayhem, I go for Bowser and King Boo/Birdo/Yoshi/etc in either Bowser's huge kart or Boo's pipe kart. Wiping the pavement with Toad's and Baby Mario's carcasses was never so much fun.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Iris: Anyone is screwed if they're hit with a weapon. Bumping is avoidable too, by the way.

Well, yea, but smaller characters get spun even farther and longer.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Koopa Troopa and Yoshi! Koopa Troopa was always my favorite in the original, and in Super Circuit and Mario Kart 64 I went with Yoshi. Unfortunately they had to go and make Yoshi a middleweight in Double Dash, but they *did* finally bring back my beloved Koopa. :)

Lightweights do have a rather large flaw of being easier to knock around, but don't forget that they tend to handle a bit better and don't slow down quite as much when they go offroad.

Posted by Megatron

Koopa Troopa or Luigi.

Posted by Slade

I almost forgot about the Koopa Troopa on the SNES! Whenever I played, I'd either be Toad or him. Man, he was so cool... And Ghost1 or whatever, the one with the jump onto that narrow plank, was the best ever on Super Mario Kart.

Posted by SpongeBob

I would choose Yoshi, cuz I think he's the fastest (competing with toad) And this is on 64. On SuperNES, I'd choose Bowser, cuz when he doesnt get stopped, he can go really fast.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

I always picked Luigi.

Posted by #1Gamerchick

I like 2 pick baby bowser and toadette or baby luigi and luigi

thats on double dash though

Posted by Dark Link

Super Mario kart: Yoshi! he was my first character I chose cause he was my fav. character. Only Player I choose in the SNES version

Mario kart 64: Used to be Yoshi...until My sister also liked being yoshi. Then I tried Peach. Stuck with her even up to MKDD. Fastest Character tied with Toad, except toad has faster accel.

Mario kart DD:

First: Peach (I always used her in the N64 version so I still use Peach :))
Second: Either one of the Babies or Toads (Good for Chain Chomp or EXTREME speed)

Posted by Xero

I take yoshi usually. I like him. Before I was taking toad.

Posted by Map42892

my neighbor always comes over and beats me with toad when im luigi. i seem best at luigi than any other character.

Posted by missing.no

it may seem strange but i alwas pick wario

Posted by PHoXYGeN

DONKEY KONG RULEZ!!!!
LONG LIVE THE KING OF SWING!!!!!!

Posted by Axis

[COLOR=Black]I always chose Toad or Bowser. I always seem to do pretty good with them. Bowser is big and all and I usually run into people a lot when Im racing which means they spin out, then they get all ****ed off at me. Toad on the other hand is really fast and Im usually really lucky with him. One time I remembered I was playing with my mom and my 2 brothers and where racing on Warios Stadium and it was the final lap, my mom and my older bro were racing down the final stretch and then all the sudden I come from nowhere and pass them both to win the race :D. I love Mario Kart. In fact, Im going to go play some later today when I get the chance. Double Dash too.[/COLOR]

Posted by Map42892

Toad is definently one of the best, but I can't play at all with Bowser...

Posted by LINK_101

m more of a Luigi person.but for double dash I choose King Boo and baby bowser.

Posted by locality

koopa trooper or mario on the snes. Wario on N64. Mario n Luigi in the mario kart in double dash.

Posted by unholy darkness

yoshi

Posted by Arczu

Always Mario. Mario in K64 is a fine character to use. of the two characters in that weight class, it's fun. Come Double Dash however, Mario joins up with either Peach, or Daisy. Yeah, heart power...

(wanted to say "flower"...)

Posted by inequity

Toad. You gotta love that scream.

Posted by trestinator

i was either mario or luigi

Posted by Meteordragon01

For me, it was...
Super Mario Kart: Koopa Troopa or Toad.
Mario Kart 64: Mario or Yoshi
Mario Kart Double Dash!: Baby Mario and Koopa Troopa or Mario and Peach (For Shield Special)

Posted by Samusfreak

In Mario Kart 64 I played only Mario and in Mario Kart Double Dash I played Waluigi and Luigi, King Boo and Bowser or Luigi and Mario

Posted by Kit

Mario Kart: Koopa Troopa
Mario Kart 64: Yoshi
Mario Kart Double Dash: Koopa Troopa and Baby Mario