Top 25 pre-season NCCA football.

Posted by El Capitan

1. USC- They will be number one for the long run but when it is all said is done they will not win the National championship. I say this because USC has their new offensive coordinator. Also Bush and White will split carrying the ball.
2. Tennesee- They only lost like two players on both sides of the field. Gerald Riggs is coming off a smooth start from a massacre in the cotton bowl. They will go to the national championship if they beat Florida and LSU back to back. Also the play call will be in question.
3.Texas- Texas lost some significant players including Derrick Johnson, Benson, Bo Scaife. But other guys will step in and do just as good as they do. Also with incoming redshirt Jordan Shiley and Quan Cosby coming in, that will give Vince Young that pass threat since Roy Williams, Bj Johnson and Chris Simms. Also they will head to the championship if they beat ou and osu (ohio state).
4. OSU Buckeyes- QB is a question also there defense will do most walking. Ted Ginn is back and he will produce engery from the CB and WR reciever part. They will have a test with Texas to see which will gain a spot or ruin there season.
5. Michigan- Henne and Hart will come back but WR will be a question with Braylon Edwards gone.
6.Oklahoma- QB is a question I think Thompson will get the call, but since OU had so many seniors leave, Stopps could go down to Redshirt Freshman Rhett Bomar. They can easily lose 2 games with UCLA and UT.
7.Vigina Tech- Not very many people are hyped about Marcus Vick but you never what the play calling will be back.
8.Florida Gators- If Meyer transformed unknown QB Alex Smith to 1st overall pick, there is no telling what he could do with Chris Leak.
9. Iowa- They are coming off a good start with the neat bowl game.
10 LSU- We will find out if Les Miles is over his head in Baton Rouge. Everyone is saying they are title run but I just dont see it.
11.Miami- Most overated team. QB is in question and to many people left for the pros.
12.Lousiville-It's not far-fetched at all to suggest that this team could sleepwalk their way through an undefeated season. Perhaps only a road game at West Virginia can keep them from doing so.
13.Georgia-The Bulldogs return their entire offensive line and two talented running backs. Quarterback DJ Shockley isn't without experience, so the Bulldogs could surprise. The return of talent and experience should give Georgia a leg up at slowing down the running game of opponents.
14.Florida State-They stay in the top 25 because of tradition, but this could be an ugly season for the Seminoles. Redshirt freshman Xavier Lee better be good... or else.
15.Texas A&M-This season could go in a number of directions for the Aggies. I'm not sure they are top 25 good, but the quality across the country is running pretty thin.
16.Boise State-They'll drop their opener to Georgia (probably), but it could be smooth sailing after that.
17.Arizonia State-A nice run through the mediocre Pac-10 will give ASU a boost in the rankings.
18.Texas Tech-Is there a chance that the October 22nd clash with Texas in Austin will be for the Big 12 South title? If the Red Raiders take care of business at home against Oklahoma and Texas A&M, this game could emerge as the conference game of the year in the Big 12.
19.Auburn- They lost to many to be even the top 15. Not sure they can have another undefeated season.
20.California-Sophomore running back Marshanwn Lynch is my choice as the nation's top Heisman sleeper. Look for the Bears to give him the ball early and often in 2005.
21.Purdue-They could beat every team on their schedule, but they could also lose to most of them. Add it up and you get a middle-tier Big 10 team.
22.Virgina-The Cavaliers return enough talent to make a run, but they will have to overcome a difficult schedule. Contests against Boston College, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Miami make a conference title run a long shot.
23.Oregon-The Ducks might just be the team that knocks USC out of the number one spot this season. I've been a big fan of quarterback Kellen Clemens since he was a prep star back in the day. This could be his year to shine
24.Georgia Tech-A brutal road schedule make finishing in the top 25 an up hill climb. Tech starts the season at Auburn and will also make trips to Virginia Tech, Miami and Virginia before closing out the regular season at home against Georgia. Tech has talent, but it will take healthy talent and clutch performances to get 7 or 8 wins out of their schedule.
25.North Carolina State-Every time the Seminoles lose another player, the Wolf Pack look more and more like the class of the ACC Atlantic Division.

Posted by veritas

thats a good list. But what about Penn State.

WE ARE PENN STATE

Posted by Apocalypse

lol, Xavier Lee better be good or else. FSU will be fine, don't listen to the media and all of that crap. We got 2 studs at RB, our WR's will be REALLY good, watch and see. Defense will be awesome, for some reason, ppl think defense won't be that good. I think I recall hearing that about this time last year....Your list is okay, I would prolly change a few. If I'm bored enough, all post mine later.

Peace

Posted by El Capitan

Who's the RB again? Is it Booker or the new guy coming in Antone Smith? If it's Booker then yeah yall' could be good. I wish Texas could have gotten incoming freshmen WR, Fred Rouse...He looks like the next Randy Moss but can run the ball on punt returns...Sorda like Tedd Ginn in Ohio State.

Posted by Axis

It's good to see they over rated OU, again.

Posted by Random

1)USC
2)Michigan
3)Texas
4)Iowa
5)Virginia Tech
6)Miami
7)Florida
8)LSU
9)Georgia
10)Ohio State
11)Auburn
12)Texas Tech
13)Oklahoma
14)Florida State
15)Texas A&M
16)Louisville
17)Penn State
18)California
19)Virginia
20)Purdue
21)Notre Dame
22)West Virginia
23)Nebraska
24)Pittsburgh
25)Wisconsin

I'm from Pennsylvania so I hope the best for Penn State. I really hate Pitt but they don't look too bad. Their not worthy of BCS Games, but their probably worth being in the Top 25. I support the Big Ten mostly. Oklahoma and FSU are going to have decreased I believe on Offense and Defense while Teams like Michigan, Penn State and Texas Tech will increase.

I don't think Tennessee will be that great. Though I always watched Peyton Manning play for Tennessee. Back in the Good old days.