Favourite PS2 Game

Posted by veritas

if you could pick one ps2 game thats your favorite what would it be and why. I like ratchet and clank up your arsenal because of the replay value. and the guns are sweet. the levels are'nt hard but not easy. the only thing bad about it is the R.Y.N.O turns into the rynociator. And it's more like the Zodiac. I have beat it 10 times and have 42,000,000 bolts.I also have all the trophys and skill points.

Posted by solarphoenix990

My favorite ps2 game right now is fullmetal alchemist but it was ratchet and clank 3 for a while because all of the weapons were awesome and the levels were pretty easy but I just have to say that if you don't have ratchet and clank 3 or fullmetal alchemist (the first one) buy them.

Posted by Opeth (clone)

s.o.c.o.m. us navy seals and max payne

Posted by veritas

i like max Payne too. It has a Good Story line

Posted by verystrait42

final fantasy X

:chainsaw:

Posted by MGamer

I say Tribes:Aerial Assault I used to sit in my comptor chair I have a tv next to my computor and play it online for hours at a time. Now my parents limit my time on it.

Posted by steve9842005

my favorite games rite now is ratchet and clank 3 or jak 3.

Posted by midnight23

s.o.c.o.m. us navy seals for me because i really like the online play

Posted by Lord of Spam

Soul Calibur 2 is by far the best game I have come across for hte PS2. While the single player mode can get rather shallow rather quickly, the multiplayer is a tremendous experiance. It seems every time I sit down with that game I learn a little bit more about it. The engine is well executed, and has graphics far what I expected at first. The combos are fun to pull off, and just as fun to spend time learning. The only issue that I can thing of is that occasionally there is some "invisible wall" issues that prevent ring outs on certain levels for no good reason.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I don't think its out yet. But Shadow of the Colossus. I got the demo the other day and I've played it 7 times already. I love the sense of scale in the game. When your up next to the colossus you feel so small and worthless. And bringing the colossus down gives you a really sense that you've done something amazing. The sound is incredible too. The only annoying thing is your hero is alone. Besides his horse and the colossus. Theres nothing else. Even in the final cut of the game there are no regular enemys.

Posted by RUDE DOGG

MY FAVORITE PS2 GAME WOULD BE DEF JAM FIGHT FOR N.Y

Posted by Nickd009

I like gta san andreas and need for speed underground 2 but for multiplayer i like 007 nightfire and golden eye rogue agent

Posted by Amir

GTA 3.

Posted by ItsQuagmire

i would have to say:1.Metal Gear Soild 3
these are my top ten. 2. GTA:San Andreas
3.Max Payne
4.Kingdom Hearts
5.NCAA'06
6.Metal Gear Soild 2
7.We Love Katamari
8.Star Wars:Battlefront 2
9.Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory
10.Katamari Damacy

Posted by Gunslinger

I'm gonna have to go with Devil May Cry, since it had a lot of moves to offer, and had some really intense gameplay. I like a game that keeps you on your toes, and I think DMC is a great example of that. Although my opinion might change now that I just beat Resident Evil 4.

Posted by brownoystercult

tie!

between guitar hero, and dragon quest VIII.

Posted by Mr.Perfect

MAJOR TIE

1. Star Wars Battlefront 2
1. GTA San Andreas
1. Metal Gear Solid 3
1. Shadow of the Colossus
1. Def Jam Fight for N.Y

Posted by Mr.Perfect

MAJOR TIE

1. Star Wars Battlefront 2
1. GTA San Andreas
1. Metal Gear Solid 3
1. Shadow of the Colossus
1. Def Jam Fight for N.Y

Posted by Crazy K

at the moment I like WWE smakcown Vs Raw 2006 (best wrestling game ever) secondly I also like MGS3, GTA SA, GTA 3 and GTA VC. I also like nearly all the WWE Smackdown games.

Posted by iori_yagami

I have to say Silent Hill 2-4, FFX, and Devil may cry there are one of the great game on the PS2.

Posted by Xiahou dun

Dynasty warriors 5 and spartan total warrior rule!

Posted by Munster

NBA 06, great basketball game that offers everything the competition offers and more. I never thought I'd say that a sports game was my faovirte game, but this one is just awsome. It has so much replay value it's rediculous, and it just never gets old. I've spent so much time making my character and working on his career that I think it's gonna work out well. If it does, I'll try out a new stat build and make a new character and just keep doing that making different decisions along the way. Then there's the mini games I could play with my little brother. And if they make him happy, it makes me happy since that means he bugs me less. (Which is VERY good.) Great game, enough said.

Posted by Bullring1

My favourite game is all Tony Hawks Games but mostly American Wasteland because its brand new
I've completed evry game, ive beat the guy who claimed 2 be the best in the world and I've beaten evry person who has challenged me so far
its just great because ur either good at it or u suk at it and now it dusnt hav any loading screens! the cut-scenes are great and the RPG type playing makes it a really enjoyable game. plus it comes with fully customizable:boards,clothes, characters, levels, goals, tags,and board graffix and has online play!
it is the best game eva! (but so is Prince of persia 1,2 and 3!)

Posted by Hammered On

Syphon Filter: TOS
SSX On Tour

Posted by fig roll

my favourite ps2 game is Final Fantasy X because of the fight mode and the in game movies.
I have nothing bad to say about it.

Posted by Munchlax

Rayman M. Excellent racing/battle/multi-player game. Plus the fast animation. I like the track, Negativity. You have to go through this track with all these things from other tracks, and your controls are reversed so you have to run with the right analog stick, and jump with down, it's really confusing.

Posted by The Prince of Persia

Well some of my favourites are: Final Fantasy X,Dynasty Warriors 5, Spartan:Total Warrior, POP: The Two thrones, SmackDown!vs.RAW 2006 and God of War

Posted by ali242

easily timesplitters 2 or GTA San Andreas

Posted by bigdave_gooner

Mine has to be GTA San Andreas the game has so much i just play it for hours sometimes

Posted by SuperSoupy

GTA San Andreas

close 2nd places are SSX On Tour and Def Jam Fight For NY

Posted by GameMiestro

Star Wars Battlefront, I guess.

Odd how many new members have responded here.

Posted by DevilTrigger77

DMC 3 Special//Final Fantasy X

Posted by linkfreak112

KINGDOM HEARTS1 AND2 DUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by Lunatic Beowulf

Favorite:Indigo Prophecy,DMC3:SE

Posted by Atmos

dragon quest 8

Posted by santaclausdude

Not sure really...

Something FF. Would be FF7 if it had better graphics

Posted by Mr.Blonde

My Favorite Ps2 Game IS probably MAfia all though The Grapichs and Gameplay are on the weak side the story line is great! I recomened it.
But all GTA games are good so its a hard to decied.

Posted by slyman958

My favorite game(s) is/are the Sly Cooper series. I think that the best one is sly 2 Band of Thieves, but Sly 3 honor among Thieves is pretty good too.

Posted by Azure Wolf

Jak and Daxter series. It rocks.

Posted by Runescapekid2010

it would have to be metal gear 3 subsitance cause of the online play and all the extras

Posted by son_of_escalade

Kingdom Hearts 1-2
It's so awsome, I can't wait till the second one comes out!!!

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake eater, Shadow of the Colossus, or ICO.

Posted by Red

Shadow of the colosus WAS a great game, to a certain extent I guess. My favorite still remains Kingdom Hearts, havent played the second one yet but it'll be out soon WOOT.

Posted by Zeta

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. 'Cuz it's really the only PS2 game I've played.

Posted by Chaos_Wyrm

id have to say its a tie between disgaea for the massive amount of replay value and custamization and need for speed underground 2 for.......? i dunno i usually dont like racing games but this one is incredible i think it just drew me in

Posted by kollosson

have to be,

gran turismo 4

MGS 3

ZOE

fifa 05

Posted by hispanicsattack

Hands down, every tony hawk game ever made.

& I dig resident evil games too.

Posted by *dip*DIPSTER*dip*

tie

1.marc eckos getting up contents under pressure
1.gta:san andreas
1.need for speed most wanted

>-)

Posted by Silver Dragon

1: Kingdom Hearts 2
2: Fable: The lost chapters (for pc)
3: Gran Turismo 3 a spec

Posted by Dog

WE <3 KATAMARI :D:D:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by binpwnsu

For single play, i'd say silent hill 3. That game produced a type of fear in me that was way beyond any other game or movie. Multiplay would be BF2. It's not as good as the PC version but it's still fun

Posted by Psy

my favorite ps2 game would have to be MGS3:substance, just making MGS3 better with the online play and the extra stuff in it

Posted by CheekayChops

My favourite ps2 and all time favourite game is still kingdom hearts, such a fantastic and thrilling game. I always have a lot of fun on it

Posted by Jon of iPwn

It's a difficult decision between Final Fantasy X or Gran Turismo 3/4...But I'll go with FF X...

Why? It changed my life. Seriously, playing Final Fantasy X in my senior year of high school (last year) was one of the greatest experiences of my life. The morals of the game made me feel good, the story captured me, the gameplay was fun yet challenging, and everything about it made me fall in love with Final Fantasy.

Yes it was my very first Final Fantasy game, and since then the franchise has become my favorite series of games EVER!

The characters of X were amazing, the story was captivating...I cried twice in the game...Once when Tidus found out what would happen to Yuna and had the flashbacks, and again in the end..

I laughed, and felt joyous while watching several of the Tidus + Yuna scenes..

I felt motivated by the character's stories, and the overall game still sticks with my heart today.

Posted by Kestryl

^ Yea! I love FF X, too. It was also my first FF game. Now I'm playing FF VII, but I kind of already know what's gonna happen, so it doesn't have the same effect.

My favorite, though, is Kingdom Hearts, my first Square Enix title. It makes me happy inside.

Posted by cacodemon64

C64 top five ten ( insert dave letterman and drumroll )
10.Virtua fighter 4
9. Timesplitters
8.Timesplitters 2
7.Timesplitters FP
6-4 GTA series 3,VC,SA respectively
3.Tomb Raider Legend
2.Sonic Mega Collecition Plus ( best compile evah!)
1. *** Of WARRRRRRR!!!!!!...

Posted by juliebriggs

Einhander or Gran Turismo 4

Posted by Dog

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE <3 KATAMARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Posted by Colonel

Shadow of the Colossus.

300th post!!!!!!!!

Posted by Ada Wong

Primal
Silent Hill
Resident Evil 4(Leon rulezzz)
Midnight Club 2,3
MGS3
ICO
Not all.. This is all what i remember...

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]More than one, so here it goes.
no specific order either.

1. Call of Duty: Finest Hour
2. Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood
3. Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30
4. Need for Speed: Underground 2
5. Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
6. Gran Turismo: A-Spec
7. Shadow of the Collossuss
8. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
9. Grand Theft Auto 3
10. Tony Hawk: Underground 2
11. Tony Hawk: Underground
12. Hitman: Contracts
13. Hitman: Blood Money
14. G[COLOR="Cyan"]o[/COLOR]d of War
15. G[COLOR="Cyan"]o[/COLOR]d of War II (not yet released)
16. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
17. Black
18. Area-51
19. Shellshock: Nam '67
I'll just stop because there are too many lol.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Sephiroth89

My favorite games are everything in the Devil May Cry series and the Kingdom Hearts series. They are awsome!

Posted by kratoss

1. *** of war (and im not saying that cause of the gore)
2. soulcalibur 3
3. rez evil outbreak (1 or 2)
4. devil may cry 1
5. tekken 5

Posted by Klarth

[quote=kratoss]3. rez evil outbreak (1 or 2)
See, if you were actually talking about Rez and not these ****ty RE spinoffs, I wouldn't be so inclined to think you're an utter retard.

Posted by kratoss

dude i do love rez evil but this is ps2 the are 3 rez evil titles on ps2 thats outbreaks 1and2 and rez evil 4 and i havent played rez evil 4

Posted by Sweet Teen

dats hard i have a lot

Posted by Abby Ratso

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Posted by shoot-out4

my favorite game is black because of the adrenaline and all those bullets flying everywere, lot of destrouction, weapons, and the rpg.

Posted by The Pain

My all time favorite ps2 game would have to be Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (obviously) but im starting to get into Resident Evil 4 for the ps2 (dont have it yet but sounds good).

Posted by I LUV_MAXI

fav games: TEKKEN5, SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG, SOUL CALIBUR3 [i hate what they did to raphael and xighua i only like 3 ch.] but anyways those are my favs.

Posted by yoyowest

My faviriot game on the Ps2 is tony hawks underground 2 because it has a lot more feautures than the others.

Posted by animegameM

My favorite ps2 game right now is KH2

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Final Fantasy X.
Or if PS1 counts, Final Fantasy VIII.

Posted by NeXidala

I'm gonna go with the Kingdom Hearts Series it PWNED!

Posted by HELLbillie

Fav Games come in trilogies:
Soul Calibur 3
Metal Gear Soild 3
Devil May Cry 3

But i also love:
Kingdom Hearts
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Any Smackdown Game
and...............
G0D OF WAR

Posted by XeroPercent

Hmmm... probably have to go with Tekken 5 because I've put more time into that game then any other, but as for right now I'm really into Dragon Quest VIII and Resident Evil 4 (waited a while for another good RE game so I'm milking this one).

Posted by Nocturnismelodia

1. Castlevania Curse Of Darkness
2. Kingdom Hearts
3. Final Fantasy 7
4. Final Fantasy 8

Posted by Degeneration

Tekken 5, easy.

Posted by Apathetic

.hack series
*** Of War

Posted by OniRadience

Devil May Cry 3
*** of War

End of story.

Posted by Cruxis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]A tie between Metal Gear Solid 3, Okami, Kingdom Hearts II & xenosga trillogy.[/FONT]

Posted by Samusfreak

Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts II are my favorite Games for PS2.
PS: I don't play only Nintendo.

Posted by .batata

these daying i can't stop playing tekken 5 X____X
dude this game geting me creazy but infact i like everything falles on my hand!^^^^^^^^^^^

Posted by Anti-Muffla

Socom II: US Navy Seals

Posted by Dexter

Tales of the Abyss. Seriously, it is everything I wanted in another Tales game. Fun story, enjoyable battle system (best Tales battle system, actually), and a good set of characters. I'm not even finished with it yet, but I'm bold enough to say it is my favorite.

Posted by sabre2922

fav PS2 game(s): Metal Gear 2@3,Silent Hill 2,3,4, ICO and Black -yes black

IF I had to pick just one : Shadow of the Colossus

Posted by AKtheSLAY

i give a tie between FFX and guitar hero (i consider one and two the same game)

Posted by Squattie

I just got a PS2 and so far my favorite game is Star Ocean and FF 12.
i don't carre much for Derge of Cerberus

Posted by Desperado

GTA San Andreas & Final Fantasy X

Posted by Mcprime

Metal Gear Solid 2 sons of liberty

hands down my favorite PS2 game of all time

Posted by veritas

Call of Duty 3

Posted by solarphoenix990

Well I guess it would be Final Fantasy 12, but considering i just got my Wii... i dont really play it that much anymore.

Posted by optimusprime169

Of course Resident Evil: Code Veronica X, Final Fantasy X, and Psi Ops.

Posted by babygirl

Quoting 2fast4u: if you could pick one ps2 game thats your favorite what would it be and why. I like ratchet and clank up your arsenal because of the replay value. and the guns are sweet. the levels are'nt hard but not easy. the only thing bad about it is the R.Y.N.O turns into the rynociator. And it's more like the Zodiac. I have beat it 10 times and have 42,000,000 bolts.I also have all the trophys and skill points.

um do u play ffxi online

Posted by veritas

no

Posted by muffla

i love *** of war havent played the second one yet

Posted by veritas

ill probably play the 2nd one over and over again

Posted by Red

FFX, KH2, Guitar Hero 2.

Posted by Creedence

Been a while since I sold my PS2, but my favorite games were Conflict Vietnam, and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Posted by TheSorrow

Soul Calibur 3, MGS3, *** of War, and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Twisted Metal: Black

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Devil May Cry 3, if you've ever played it you know why.

Posted by veritas

I Know why

Posted by Cloud 9

it's kinda funny, I had a box for a long time and about 5 or 6 months ago I finally got a PS2, and I play my PS1 games on it. (FFT, FF7 and 8) But, if I had to pick, I'd say I played San Andreas prolly the most (better than I expected). I still haven't played FF9 so I think I'll play it first and move on to X and X-2.

Posted by need for speed

does anybody like need for speed i will choose that

Posted by sabre2922

Resident Evil 4

OR

Metal Gear Solid 3, Silent Hill 3 , *** of War difficult to chose just ONE

prob the PS2 version of RE4 is my fav.

Posted by haloboy13

RESIDENT EVIL 4 , GUITAR HERO 2 , AND CALL OF DUTY 2 BIG RED ONE
BUT MY FAVORITE HAS 2 BE RESIDENT EVIL 4

Posted by robothand902

call of duty has been addicting...and of course guitar hero

Posted by Kit

Timesplitters: Future Perfect

Posted by The Hate

I would have to say guitar hero 2 currently. Im on expert mode, but I cant beat freya =( Ill get it sometime

Posted by Creedence

Devil May Cry 3, hands down. Also Capcom is the best. Almost all of the best games on the PS2 were Capcom games.

Posted by The Hate

Is ur avatar supposed to be ebony and ivory?

Posted by Al Borland

It's either Tekken Tag or the masterpiece that was MVP 05.

Posted by demonred

kingdom hearts 2 final mix one of the best square enix games i ever played i jut wish disney was'nt in it

Posted by The Hate

Thats what kingdom hearts games are all about. Or else it would just be another ff game.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas pwns all of the above.

Posted by Azimio

Shadow Hearts. Best console RPG ever, imo.

Posted by Acris

ps2 rocks too

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

So, the new wave of morons has arrived, has it?

Posted by Preeminence

Final Fantasy 10
Musashi
Final Fantasy 11

Posted by TimeSkipz

between the samurai warriors, dynasty warriors and spartan total warrior titles (big fan of the crowd fighting genre)

Posted by CrystalPain

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake eater

Great story Great gameplay

Posted by wiifreak

playstation 2 oh that console i didn't play it for month and i already miss him.all the ps2 memorys... anyway here's my top five:
1.tekken 5 (i'm a big fighting fan)
2.need for speed:most wanted (racing too)
3.soul calibur III
4.hot wheels:stunt track racer
5.toy hawk.american wasteland

Posted by wiifreak

playstation 2 oh that console i didn't play it for month and i already miss him.all the ps2 memorys... anyway here's my top five:
1.tekken 5 (i'm a big fighting fan)
2.need for speed:most wanted (racing too)
3.soul calibur III
4.hot wheels:stunt track racer
5.toy hawk.american wasteland

Posted by TigerLilly

Guilty Gear XX. Big surprise, I know!

Posted by Oceans Dream

So far, *** of War. It was enjoyable, though it got difficult at times. But I eventually beat it. I want to play the 2nd one, so once I get a new TV, I can play the PS2 again.

Posted by ManofAction24

For me i would have to say Resident Evil 4, mostly because of the gameplay detail and the assorted weapons, each one with unique upgrades.

Posted by Vasioth

I would have said Resident Evil 4 aswell, not as copying, but as a great standard of game, but I got the GC copy so it feels wrong to say that.

I guess it would either be Grandia II or Metal Gear Solid II. I don't exactly know why for my second object, but I didn't mind the whiney ***** Raiden tbh..

Posted by snakester

*** of war 2.

re 4 is good on wii but i hate it on the ps2

Posted by Nick Hardaway

The first Devil May Cry was one of my favorites. So was Kingdom Hearts. And recently I've picked up Guitar Hero II. I haven't played it much. I've been working a lot. But it seems very addictive.

Posted by worldofpeace

My favorite Ps2 Games are
1. Takken5
2. Stan Anders
3. Matrix

Posted by juggles26

my favorite game would be front mission 4 i like the robots u can build and most of the wepon combos are cool and the link attacks get kinda crazy

Posted by juggles26

my favorite game would be front mission 4 i like the robots u can build and most of the weapon combos are cool and the link attacks get kinda crazy

Posted by tiohwji

i got 2 favorite games on PS2. NBA live (06-08) and fight night round 3. i just love playing boxing and basketball- that's all.

Posted by Supermario

If I had to only pick one game?

My favorite would probably be NBA Street.

Vice City would probably be in the top 5.:D

Posted by Vyse

My favourite game is either sos the final escape or clock tower 3 beacuse of the challenges that u have 2 face in the lvls i mean it's so hard i'm still stuck on the 1st part as 4 clock tower it is just so scary u never know squat about whats just around the corner

Posted by qzz100

mine, ratchet and clank up your arsenal. i already beat the game like 28 times. i have like barely any throphies. barely any skill points. and like 99,000,000 bolts.

Posted by thegamer123

mine would have to be star ocean 3 becuz of the action based system and the story is incredible and can replay it over and over again and never get tired of it

Posted by kaotix

my fav game is most likely final fantsy x but i only sigend up for this to ask does anny one know a cheat code for the final fantsy x game

Posted by kaotix

i like final fantsy x becuse of the fight turn details