Good new rpg

Posted by KyoMatsu

Ok im looking for a new rpg game for windows, one thats coolish like the old final fantasy games but more... new graphics. know any?

NOT ONLINE, single player preferably, or weirdly networking lan rpg lol but i doubt theres many of those out there, so single player games please

Posted by NegativeTrend

Have you played Morrowind?

Posted by KyoMatsu

Yea i have it also the expansions, i meant original rpg, where you beat the crap out of monsters gain exp and with exp you level up morrowind is more less... action adventure, im talking about true rpg like final fantasy's or chrono triggers but.. newer

Posted by Acheron

Quoting KyoMatsu: im talking about true rpg like final fantasy's

Get out of this forum. Now.

Posted by KyoMatsu

umm bite me?

Posted by Poco

I don't think he likes eating dog **** very much. srry.

Posted by KyoMatsu

Is everyone on this forum an ******* or what? I mean seriously what the **** is all your problems?

Posted by Acheron

Hmm... perhaps I should have been more clear. The Final Fantasy series, and most console "RPGs" for that matter, are only RPGs by a very extended sense. The term RPG originated in pen-and-paper role-playing games like Dungeons and Dragons, where each player would take on the role of a character they created. The games focused far more on actual interaction among players and between players and NPCs than simple hack-and-slash the monster up. However, concrete systems had to be established to determine whether one would succeed when he said "I feint high, then bring my blade low and slash at the ogre's legs". Thus we got the system of levels, ability scores, equipment... everything that is commonly mistaken nowadays as the essential components of an RPG. Games like Final Fantasy offer just about no choice other than what jobs, espers, materia, etc. to put on a character. All NPC interaction is prewritten, and no actual role-playing occurs. The closest cRPGs (Computer RPGs, that is, a term that applies to games both on the PC and consoles) have ever gotten to being true RPGs is probably RP servers on MMOs or Neverwinter Nights, as actual social interaction can occur between other players, adding a layer to the game other than "Man, I so need to get one more level so I can use that +3 Harbinger Sword".

Now, if you want a good modern singleplayer cRPG, go with Vampire: Bloodlines. The bugs can be extremely annoying, but patches fix the most greivous ones easily. The game itself is brilliantly designed, especially the actual role-playing aspect of the game. Now... if you want something like Final Fantasy, I have no idea what to reccomend you, seeing as those games are terrible and I have no intention of playing them any more than I must. I bid you good day.

Posted by KyoMatsu

its kinda funny that you consider final fantasy type games terrible, its like 1 out of 200 people that dont like those games, squaresoft makes the best rpgs sure their battle system isnt too great, but the storyline is more amazing than your D&D or neverwinters night. Plus their music is good, so if you think any game is worth being called a better rpg than the final fantasy series, you better reevaluate storylines, cause a good story makes a good rpg

Posted by Acheron

Well that's dandy. Now, you don't see many FF-style games on the PC- in fact, the only ones I know of are simply console ports- so I can't really help you here. Perhaps if you were a bit more specific in what sort of games you're looking for, I could drum up something.

Posted by KoH

Quoting KyoMatsu: Is everyone on this forum an ******* or what? I mean seriously what the **** is all your problems?

Yes, and we all have problems with morons quello e come voi.

Posted by KyoMatsu

KoH, how old are you? seriously, only children make insults in another language thinking that the person doesnt understand it. Are you that sad and pathetic?

Posted by TopgunFFX

Kyo i am with you 100% ibelieve that the FF games have incredible storylines and great music and i love the series, it is by far my fav game series of all time but there are not many games on the pc that are simliar to FF games i dunno y but most good rpgs are on consoles, there is ff7 on the pc but i have never played it so i can't help you because i dont ever play rpgs on the pc because there is'nt many good ones i play mainly RTS's on the pc, and i also agree with you about everyone on this forum they all seem to be know it alls and a$$es about everything you do/say wrong i dunno why, but there are some decent people on here.......

Good luck