My Poem-Fear

Posted by Zeus

[COLOR=beige]Hey here is a poem I wrote not too long ago for part of a school project. Alot of my friends liked it so I saved it on the computer and I decided I would share it with you. Sorry if its kinda long. You could even call it a short story. I dont know. Here it is.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white][SIZE=4][LEFT]Fear[/SIZE]

You are in your front courtyard feeding your dog. You suddenly glance as you see something out of the corner of your eye.

As you turn you see a shadowy figure run swiftly across a huge field.
It is on the move, promptly as if it is going somewhere and it is late.

You assume that you are just seeing things and you rub your eyes.
You take another look, this time focusing with keen eyesight.

It is running swiftly, as if it has no toes but it is in a position as if it were standing on toes. It is swiftly gliding across the blades of grass without making a sound.

It is cloaked in black, and takes on a human shape though you are not sure if it is actually living-or just your imagination.

Suddenly it turns and what looks like a head is looking right at you. It sees you and then resumes gliding swiftly across the field.

Now you know it is not your imagination. It is definitely real but too fast to be a person. It is speeding across the field toward you.

It seems to be above ground, levitating. The wind is blowing so hard it seems to be carrying the dark figure across the field as if it is exerting no energy.

Shadowy, dim, and mysterious this shape of darkness is headed for you.

Cloaked in black with threads of clothing swaying in the wind. The dogs bark and the wind begins to whine. You are scared.

You hear a slight sinister voice calling for you and then you turn and run. You go inside where all the lights are out. You look out the window.

The figure is very close now. It is in your front yard-making no sound and leaving no trail in the grass.

Abruptly the figure turns. It goes off into the opposite direction and vanishes in the forest. The hour is late. The sun is fading and it begins to turn dark.

The only thing you can hear is a deep voice. It is very faint and only loud enough to sound over the wind, which is the only thing that can be heard.

It sounds like something you have never heard before, as if it was a foreign language that is not native to this earth.

Nobody is around. Only you. There is a dog but it is chained. It is now hiding in its house. You hear nothing as if it has just breathed its last breath.

You are trembling. You hear a slight voice whispering in your ear above the treetops.

You cannot see anything. You decide to go to bed. Your parents should be home shortly.

You go to bed. Nobody is in the house. All the lights are out.

Suddenly you sense a presence in the room. It isn

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Next time, write it as if you were actually Zeus.

Posted by Zeus

yea but the assingment was to write as if it were the person reading it. I wanted to write it like a normal story....but yea. Maybe I will redo it sometime when I am less busy and less lazy. so..yea.

Posted by The Judge

Needs to ryhme.

Posted by Zeus

Why? Alot of poems don't rhyme.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Zeus: Why? Alot of poems don't rhyme.

Nees more 50 cent.

Posted by The Judge

Doesn't matter. Poems have a better flow to them and are easier to read when they ryhme. The only thing that makes a non-ryhming poem poetic is soothing words and interesting vocabulary, which you didn't include.

Posted by Acheron

Quoting The Judge: The only thing that makes a non-ryhming poem poetic is soothing words and interesting vocabulary, which you didn't include.

Or you could try blank verse (I think?), which contains no rhymes yet still has an underlying meter to it.

Posted by The Judge

Those are also good, but at that point, you might as well ryhme. Another acceptable method is to include no beat, but still a ryhme.

Posted by Kman.

It was more like a story than a poem. good job though.

Posted by Master Chief 12

Quoting Kman.: It was more like a story than a poem. good job though.

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange] Yeah, that's what it sounded like to me too. I agree with the Judge that it would sound better with a little rhyming in it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]