I wanted to know

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I wanted to know how many NES games were made in total...I asked Dexter but he didn't know..(I figured him of all people would)...So does anyone know, or can anyone find out? I just kind of wanted to know...[/COLOR]

Posted by inequity

I don't know the exact number, I think its around 660 licensed games. 100 unlicensed.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

At [url]www.nintendoland.com[/url], they said that there were about 500,000 games that were manufactured for the NES.

Posted by Dexter

There might be an exact number for licensed NES games, but I doubt there is a known number with the unlicensed games included. It used to bother me not knowing, but I've learned to set that thought aside.

Posted by ZEN

I always thought the "magic number" was 767. Of course, that's just the official North American releases so it's no where near the actual number of total NES games.

I believe Japan had well over 4,000.
500,000 sounds a bit ridiculous (I didn't think there were that many games made, period).

Posted by LagunasSweetling

I think that it's really kind of impossible for us to know. Think of all the games ever released in Japan that we WILL NEVER KNOW ABOUT... *tear*