Portable systems make good developers stupid...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

"Let's take our most popular franchises and dump them in genres they don't belong in, because portable gamers like dem card battling games!"

First Konami makes Metal Gear Acid, and now good ol' UbiSoft is giving us this crud:

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media.cfm?action=screens&id=2509

Why can't they just leave Yu-Gi-Oh to die, and give us new action titles?

Posted by Fate

I don't like the idea of card-based games. It seems slow and unnecessarily strategic.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Battles of PoP would have been better if it were made differently... I would have been more satisfied with a side scroller.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Fate: I don't like the idea of card-based games. It seems slow and unnecessarily strategic.

...what if you wanted to make a game which required a lot of thinking?

Anyway, yeah, I don't get it. I don't think it's specific to handhelds, though. Prince of Persia could've been converted to a 2D platformer (CRAZY IDEA FOR THE SERIES, I KNOW). I guess the PSP doesn't have enough buttons for an MGS game, though.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

If Konami wanted to make an action Metal Gear they could have. From what I've heard on G4. They made it a card battle game on purpose. I don't seem why developers want to make card battle games. Why can't they just make it a plain SRPG, like Final Fantasy Advanced? I also don't see why people in High School play this Card Battle games like Yu-Gi-Oh. I mean I have kids at my school that play with the cards and throw fits when they loses. I also can't believe that they are going to turn PoP into a card Battle game. I would love to have a mini-action packed PoP to play on my PSP.

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

Well,what an attrocity,I guess even developers run out of imagination...Well it's sad to turn game you would never imagine they could be a card game into one...And I fear what's coming next,guess it can't be helped,they hardly listen to gamers.