gay relations?

Posted by nich

I was looking for information about LoZ:TP and in the forrum section a guy posted about the supposed homosexuality of Link. Some one said so what and he said I do it's just sick, and the whole thing quite quickly exploded. Im interested to know, should there be gay relations in vg? We've all played final fantasy where the guy gets the girl, but what if the guy gets the guy?

Posted by Last Fog

No that would be gay

Posted by Prince Shondronai

First up: Link has a family tree. The Link in one game is the ancestor or descendant of a Link from one of the other games. Therefore, all of the Links get it on with the ladies, even the last one in the timeline, which we see smoochin' with the princess behind the curtain in Zelda II. Link = straight.

Secondly, no, gays should not be represented in video games, or indeed any fiction whatsoever. Their lifestyle is not to be encouraged in such a fashion. A way of detecting and correcting the chemical imbalance in the brain which causes this behavior should be found, and the Earth's atmosphere should be saturated with said cure.

Posted by Fate

Encouraged or acknowledged? Gays don't take pills to cure their gay in the same way that depressed people balance their brain. No.

And they are expressed, though not all-out, in GTA: San Andreas. I don't have a problem with it.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Prince Shondronai: First up: Link has a family tree. The Link in one game is the ancestor or descendant of a Link from one of the other games. Therefore, all of the Links get it on with the ladies, even the last one in the timeline, which we see smoochin' with the princess behind the curtain in Zelda II. Link = straight.

No, not every Link is related. Some Link's have the same blood line, but not all of the heroes are part of the same family.

Oh and:

Link isn't gay. Malon, Marin, Zelda, Saria... seriously, he's a ****ing pimp if anything.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Pit: No, not every Link is related. Some Link's have the same blood line, but not all of the heroes are part of the same family.

Oh and:

Link isn't gay. Malon, Marin, Zelda, Saria... seriously, he's a ****ing pimp if anything.

Don't forget Princess Ruto.

Posted by Pit

[QUOTE=Ch

Posted by maian

lmao :cool:

I do not believe gays are necessary to video games. It can be good for a laugh, or part of the story, but it's not necessary.

Posted by Speedfreak

No, for the simple reason that I don't want to see that shit, as is the case with the vast majority of gamers.

Hell, seeing heroes get it on with women is annoying enough already, no need to disgust me at the same time.

Posted by Bebop

Gay characters already exist. Tidus anyone? He's the gayest representation you can get.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]You mean the one who makes out with Yuna?[/COLOR]

Posted by Shin-Ra

I wouldn't play an RPG for 50+ hours with my only drive being the emancipation of my gay lover from the hands of some villian. Plus, the vast majority of the population is not gay, so making such a story would be a bad move. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with representing homosexuals in a game; although I have a feeling it they would pick some overly flamboyant, stereotypical gay man that society loves to mock.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]They have as every right to be in Video games as Straight relations.

'Nuff said[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

Hey, what about RPGs where you can choose to be gay, huh? Not that Final Fantasy series, though. Games like Jade Empire had plenty of room for that with the whole falling-in-love bit.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Fate: Hey, what about RPGs where you can choose to be gay, huh? Not that Final Fantasy series, though. Games like Jade Empire had plenty of room for that with the whole falling-in-love bit.

But wouldn't that be up to the player? I mean, the developer obviously had some intent of putting it in, but mainly to give the player freedom. I don't think they'll put room for such an option in an FF or Zelda title.

Posted by Fate

Yeah, leave it up to the player. If I were to be totally fair in games, I'd make that feature available. It might not even make it to big games like Final Fantasy because of the "reputation." Companies like BioWare can totally do that.

Posted by Big Boss

HEY, I've been playing Zelda games since I was 5 or so, so I am PERFECTLY FINE WITH PLAYING HOMOSEXUALS IN VIDEOGAMES.

Although I don't enjoy it as much as playing the manliest man, that being Kratos. Threesomes give you brownie points. Plus, relating to a game character makes the game better, and I don't think I could relate to a gay guy's feelings for another.

Posted by boomstick

I have no problem with it.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]You mean the one who makes out with Yuna?[/COLOR]

If that's the one you play with blond hair, who pretended to care becuase he didnt want his companions kowing he was a sauasge muncher than yes. Yes I mean him. Tidus. Tidus the fag.

Gays should not be represented in video games. I don't want to see cock on cock action and children shouldnt be expsed to any form of homosexuality whether its a teacher, televison programme or book.

[FONT=Papyrus][COLOR=DarkRed]Why not? Like it or not, It's becoming more open and accepted now, so it's time we started treating them like any other member of the public.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Fate

How about non-mandatory gay?

Quoting Fate: How about non-mandatory gay?

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]A good idea. If the user feels uncomfortable with the Idea of a gay relationship in a game, they coulb be allowed to disable any cut-scenes where the relationship in question is the main talking point.

Although, I still don't see why people can't get over their stupid little pejudice[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

I'm not talking about disabling cutscenes, 'cause that's storyline mandatory gay. I'm talking about choosing your alignment. I think Fable did it. Games like Jade Empire had lots of room for it with the whole "choose your path" thing.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Shanuti Aborina: [FONT=Papyrus][COLOR=DarkRed]Why not? Like it or not, It's becoming more open and accepted now, so it's time we started treating them like any other member of the public.[/COLOR][/FONT]

This is the thing that ****es me off the most about homos. You legalize it and give them a few more rights and than they want the whole world on a platter for them. So what if it's more open? Doesn't mean cock on cock action should make its way into schools or video games.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Fate: I'm not talking about disabling cutscenes, 'cause that's storyline mandatory gay. I'm talking about choosing your alignment. I think Fable did it. Games like Jade Empire had lots of room for it with the whole "choose your path" thing.

Fable would be so much more entertaining that way.

Barber: Would you like to highlight your hair?
Character: Yes
*+3 gay*

Posted by Drewboy64

Maybe Taki could get gay with Seung Mina.

But anyway, I wouldn't be against homosexuality in games, but it wouldn't exactly be a "marketing device" or whatever that makes the game unique and cool.

Posted by Fate

That would steer some people away. But to be given a choice in the matter seems reasonable to attract others.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: This is the thing that ****es me off the most about homos. You legalize it and give them a few more rights and than they want the whole world on a platter for them. So what if it's more open? Doesn't mean cock on cock action should make its way into schools or video games.

I think you and Prince are the perfect examples of anti-gay rights people who are anti-gay only because they aren't sure about their own sexuality. :)

Anyway, why shouldn't be in video games or schools and TV shows, for that matter, children might as well learn, it's out there and much more open and accepted nowadays.

And it being gross and not liking cock on cock action is not a good reason, that's only personal preference.

And another thing, nobody is asking for anything on a platter, that's just ****ing stupid, allowing homosexuality in forms of entertainment, if that's asking for 'the world on a platter' as you stated, then I doubt you have any real fanthom of the statement.

Posted by Black_Wolf

I have a hard time playing as a female character (go ahead, bombard me) let alone a full blown gay dude. I agree w/ Big Boss, it would be hard to relate to a gay character and to enjoy a game, relating to the character(s) helps a bunch. But here's what I really think.

Homosexuality in the media equals attention. That's the only reason its there. I don't mind the fact that there are gay people, doesn't bother me at all, but I don't want to hear about and/or see it. And yea, Shin-Ra's right, they would use a flamboyant ragin' flamin' homo character if they decided to use a gay dude b/c it wouldn't matter if they didn't. It would just be an afterthought if the character didn't act stoopidly homo.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Secondly, no, gays should not be represented in video games, or indeed any fiction whatsoever. Their lifestyle is not to be encouraged in such a fashion. A way of detecting and correcting the chemical imbalance in the brain which causes this behavior should be found, and the Earth's atmosphere should be saturated with said cure.

[COLOR=Yellow]Umm, sexual orientation is genetic. Whether you end up being a homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, etc.. is chosen before you are even born. Do some research on Maslows theory for some evidence. For a smart guy you tend to say some pretty stupid **** every now and then.[/COLOR]

Quoting Bebop: This is the thing that ****es me off the most about homos. ou legalize it and give them a few more rights and than they want the whole world on a platter for them. So what if it's more open? Doesn't mean cock on cock action should make its way into schools or video games.

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Arial Narrow]I am not talking about 'Cock on Cock' action as you so vulgarly put it. Do you see straight teachers having sex in school in front of the pupils? thought not.

There is very little sex in video games at the moment. The ones that do are AO anyway. So i'm not saying Homosexual Sex should be screened in video games. No Sex Should.

I'm talking about having a little bit of realism in video games. 1/10 people are gay, so why don't video games, which developers insist are becoming more real, reflect this?

And the 'the whole world on the platter' thing. You accept that gay people have been given a couple of rights and you expect them to serve up the world on a platter to you and other people that think like you because you class them as a lower in society.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Big Boss

Every game with gay characters in them should have a "Homophobe" option that, when turned ON, would omit any scenes graphically expressing their sexuality.

Then everyone can be happy! Uberyay!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting boomstick: I think you and Prince are the perfect examples of anti-gay rights people who are anti-gay only because they aren't sure about their own sexuality. :)

Anyway, why shouldn't be in video games or schools and TV shows, for that matter, children might as well learn, it's out there and much more open and accepted nowadays.

And it being gross and not liking cock on cock action is not a good reason, that's only personal preference.

And another thing, nobody is asking for anything on a platter, that's just ****ing stupid, allowing homosexuality in forms of entertainment, if that's asking for 'the world on a platter' as you stated, then I doubt you have any real fanthom of the statement.

Not this crap again. Why is it everytime someone disagrees with something to do with homosexuality a retard's first response is "lol maybe your insecure about YOUR sexuality/?? lolol burnz!!11". I'm not anti-gay. I just feel there are some territories homosexuality should not be let into. Video games are one and schools are also one.

As for the whole platter remark, it's true. You allow homos to play hide the sausage with each other and than they want to rub it in your face (heh). They want to allow teachers to be open about their gayness, politictions, kids you name it. They want everyone to know about their gayness adn quite frankly, we don't want to know. Allowing homos into video games would make it worse.

[quote]I am not talking about 'Cock on Cock' action as you so vulgarly put it. Do you see straight teachers having sex in school in front of the pupils? thought not.

There is very little sex in video games at the moment. The ones that do are AO anyway. So i'm not saying Homosexual Sex should be screened in video games. No Sex Should.

I'm talking about having a little bit of realism in video games. 1/10 people are gay, so why don't video games, which developers insist are becoming more real, reflect this?

And the 'the whole world on the platter' thing. You accept that gay people have been given a couple of rights and you expect them to serve up the world on a platter to you and other people that think like you because you class them as a lower in society.

I didn't say teachers of any sexuality would have sex in front of kids, faggot.

With the recent 'Hot Coffee' thing it is more than likely sex scenes in video games will be acceptable and hit the mainstream. If this is the case sailor fun could happen. And when you consider that the majority of GTA owners are 15 year olds, should they be exposed to these scenes?

Games aren't realistic because reality is boring. And there's no need to add a social context into it.

You've obviously misread or misunderstood my platter remark. But than again you've misunderstood most of my posts. I suggest you read it again you pro-gay.

Quoting Bebop: you pro-gay.

[FONT=Papyrus][COLOR=DarkRed]Wow, congratulations to Bebop for the most useless remark of the week. ~_~.

We seem to be mis-undestanding eachother. You quite clearly said: [/COLOR] [/FONT]

Quoted post: Doesn't mean cock on cock action should make its way into schools

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]That seems pretty clear to me :/.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

I was using 'cock-on-cock' action to refer to homosexuality. I says it likes I sees it. Anyways, I don't don't want bum funners discussed in school or seen in school. This goes the same for video game.

If people call me anti-gay I can call them pro-gay. If they're opposites aren't they as useless as each other? Pro-homo ;-*

[quote=Airois]Umm, sexual orientation is genetic. Whether you end up being a homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, etc.. is chosen before you are even born. Do some research on Maslows theory for some evidence. For a smart guy you tend to say some pretty stupid **** every now and then.

Let's try noy to turn this thread into a discussion on the origin of homosexuality. There's a thread for that in the War Board.

Quoting Bebop: I was using 'cock-on-cock' action to refer to homosexuality. I says it likes I sees it. Anyways, I don't don't want bum funners discussed in school or seen in school. This goes the same for video game.

If people call me anti-gay I can call them pro-gay. If they're opposites aren't they as useless as each other? Pro-homo ;-*

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]I didn't call you Anti-Gay.

But anyway, my opinion stands.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Shanuti Aborina: [COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]I didn't call you Anti-Gay.

But anyway, my opinion stands.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I didn't say you called me anti-gay. Go back and read my posts. :amy:

[QUOTE=Bebop]If people call me anti-gay I can call them pro-gay.

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]You called me, Pro gay, so I naturally assume that you thought I called you Anti-Gay :/.

Lets get back to the topic at hand, eh?[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Shanuti Aborina: [COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]You called me, Pro gay, so I naturally assume that you thought I called you Anti-Gay :/.

Lets get back to the topic at hand, eh?[/FONT][/COLOR]

OK :)

I don't want sex to appear in any game. Let's face it, the only games that would have it would receive an adult rating. However if you consider that kids can easily access age certificated games than sex in a game, whether normal or gay, is a bad thing.

The only way I'll accept homos in games is if it's hinted at and of course, in a mature title. One example is the supposdly gay cog from Conker's Bad Fur Day. I played that game when I was younger and have recently played the remake again. I understand alot more of the adult jokes now than I did then but thats because it was hinted.

In any case homos in games shouldnt be used just for some bullcrap social context of political stand. I want to to benefit the game. Take Dante. He's gay (or bi. I don't care. Either way he likes dick) from what people tell me but his sexuality has no bearing on the actual story of the way its played. Now if sexuality, in any shape of form, doesnt actually affect the story or game than it has no reason to be there. Unless it's important to the way the games works, there are no sex scenes, it's an adult game and hinted at (e.g.sterotypical use of a gay character) I will only accept it, because I don't want kids to be bombarded with gayness or any sex for that matter.

Basically, games are just fine without any sexuality in it, so why have it now?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: Not this crap again. Why is it everytime someone disagrees with something to do with homosexuality a retard's first response is "lol maybe your insecure about YOUR sexuality/?? lolol burnz!!11". I'm not anti-gay. I just feel there are some territories homosexuality should not be let into. Video games are one and schools are also one.

Awww, Bebop can't take a little joke like that and you're always the one saying we need more humor around here, guess you can't take it when it's being dissed out to you.

Quoting Bebop: As for the whole platter remark, it's true. You allow homos to play hide the sausage with each other and than they want to rub it in your face (heh). They want to allow teachers to be open about their gayness, politictions, kids you name it. They want everyone to know about their gayness adn quite frankly, we don't want to know. Allowing homos into video games would make it worse.

No, no, you don't want to know, I believe you to be only one person, so you only speak for yourself.
And I was right, you have no real fanthom of what 'world on a platter' means.

Oh, and on your derep question, anti-communism is completely diffrerent from anti-gay statements, because anti-homosexual is against a sexual orient and anti-communist is against that of an idea, food for thought :)

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]

Quoting Bebop: Brad Pitt is an awesome actor and very good looking ;-*
Aha!

Anyways Bebop aren't you British? You guys are supposed to be more open with that sort of stuff.[/COLOR]

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I think it should be a choice. There are tons of straight gamers out there, me being one of them, they don't want to see two guys making out. On the other hand. There is a growing number of gay people. And I'm sure that seeing a guy and a girl make out might offened them. So I think the gamer should be able to choose how they want there charater to be.

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]Aha!

Anyways Bebop aren't you British? You guys are supposed to be more open with that sort of stuff.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]There are exceptions... But do americans really think of us like that? o.O

Anyway. I don't want any sex in Video games. So no Straight or Gay Sex. On the topic of actual relationships, Either sexual orientation is fine on that.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Big Boss]
Then everyone can be happy! Uberyay![/color]

Because not wanting to see two guys making out is homophobic, tit.

Quoting boomstick: No, no, you don't want to know, I believe you to be only one person, so you only speak for yourself.

Wow. You're so nosy about other people's sexuality that you think someone that doesn't give a crap as being some kind of homophobe. Good job!

Quoting Aioros: Aha!

Anyways Bebop aren't you British? You guys are supposed to be more open with that sort of stuff.

We are more open about it, generally. As in we don't care who's gay. Doesn't mean we support idiotic ideas that most people want to see gay videogame characters, and anyone opposed is homophobic.

Quoting Speedfreak: Because not wanting to see two guys making out is homophobic, tit.

[FONT=Papyrus][COLOR=DarkRed]This is about gay relations. There doesn't have to be any 'make out' scenes. If you object to the idea of having a side relationship where 2 people talk about their relationship, i'm pretty sure many would class that as Homophobic.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Speedfreak

This is where my opinion on games comes in. If I'm playing a game, why the hell would I want to see 2 gay guys (or anyone, for that matter) talking about their relationships? I'm playing a game, not watching a soap opera. I don't care if a gay person is in a game as long as there's not three 20 hour cutscenes detailing his sexual habits and choice of clothes. I quite frankly don't give a shit.

My objection is this: what have they got to offer? If it's hilarious games that involve cracking homophobes over the head with various peices of gay apparel, then sure, bring em on! If it means more cutscenes with even more bullshit that doesn't add to the game whatsoever, then no, stay the hell out of my industry. Allowing such nonsense would be political correctness gone mad.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting boomstick: I think you and Prince are the perfect examples of anti-gay rights people who are anti-gay only because they aren't sure about their own sexuality. :)

Not so. It's also inaccurate to call me a homophobe. People aren't necessarily afraid of things that they strongly disapprove of. I would say that the ones who are afraid are the ones who think all gays should be shot. I just think they should be rehabilitated like any other person with a mental illness. To me, the acceptance of homosexuality in legal society is not much different from the concept of giving someone with split personalities two welfare checks.

As far as gay in video games goes, if you compare it to my other arguments about the industry, it's not all that different. I don't approve of good developers targeting the grand theft auto fans or using that sort of content for shock value to sell units when they could be making games that I would enjoy, nor do I approve of good developers targeting the gays or using that sort of content for shock value to sell units. And while I don't think that that sort of content influences people the ways the government and PTA groups like to say they do, I do think that it offers approval to those who already behave that way.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Big Boss]
Then everyone can be happy! Uberyay![/color]

To be totally fair, Lovey, there'd have to be a "Heterophobe" option to appeal to everyone, or the feminist lesbians would be in an uproar!

Posted by NegativeTrend

So what games have openly gay characters that show a relationship?

Posted by Fate

GTA: SA has NPCs that are homo, but all you see are people holding hands. They could be just friends.

And I'm really not sure if Fable did it.

Bebop does have a point, though, about sex in games being in Mature titles. That's where it should stay, and explicit scenes should be AO.

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Not so. It's also inaccurate to call me a homophobe. People aren't necessarily afraid of things that they strongly disapprove of.

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]Homophobic: (Dictionary.com)

Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men.
Behavior based on such a feeling. [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Posted by powerpuff

lesbians are cool, I dont like the thought of "cock on cock action" in my video games. If somebody has got to be gay make it a woman, because everybody likes gay ladies!

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=boomstick]Awww, Bebop can't take a little joke like that and you're always the one saying we need more humor around here, guess you can't take it when it's being dissed out to you.

I knew it was a joke you dyke. It still ****es me off how everytime I disagree with something to do with cock munchers people start throwing that bull**** argument around. I have a VERY left wing friend who always says that when I say anything against fags and after hearing that same bullcrap argument for the 100th time it starts to get annoying.

Posted by Fate

You have to admit, though, you do sound pretty homophobic when you refer to a derogatory term. :|

Posted by Bebop

I'm only using words like faggot, cock muncher, sauage hider, bellend buffer, ball juggler, queer, arse bandit and jolly sailor to annoy people. :) But since when does using derogatory terms make someone a phobic? If I call an asian man a 'paki' that doesnt mean I fear Indian people. Just like if I call someone a 'dirty money stealing jew' it doesnt mean I fear the Jewish faith. People are just too sissy round here :)

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: I knew it was a joke you dyke. It still ****es me off how everytime I disagree with something to do with cock munchers people start throwing that bull**** argument around. I have a VERY left wing friend who always says that when I say anything against fags and after hearing that same bullcrap argument for the 100th time it starts to get annoying.

Bull****, I don't believe for a second you knew it was a joke or you wouldn't have just forth the effort that you did to rebute it.
And no one was trying to argue, it was just your dumb**** comments that made me joke around with and you had to get all *****y about it, which makes me wonder if maybe my joke was actually fact.... :p:

Quoting Bebop: I'm only using words like faggot, cock muncher, sauage hider, bellend buffer, ball juggler, queer, arse bandit and jolly sailor to annoy people. :) But since when does using derogatory terms make someone a phobic? If I call an asian man a 'paki' that doesnt mean I fear Indian people. Just like if I call someone a 'dirty money stealing jew' it doesnt mean I fear the Jewish faith. People are just too sissy round here :)

Religious faith and Nationality are two completely different things from homosexuality, to even compare the two seriously shows that you have little or no idea of that, but I'm sure you're just kidding. ;)

Posted by Bebop

Quoting boomstick: Bull****, I don't believe for a second you knew it was a joke or you wouldn't have just forth the effort that you did to rebute it.
And no one was trying to argue, it was just your dumb**** comments that made me joke around with and you had to get all *****y about it, which makes me wonder if maybe my joke was actually fact.... :p:

Besides the fact your very sarcastic and uptight, the smilie was also a giveaway. And then of course there's what you said and the context. I explained why I posted what I did and explained why that "your gay because you dont like gays argument is stupid.

[quote]Religious faith and Nationality are two completely different things from homosexuality, to even compare the two seriously shows that you have little or no idea of that, but I'm sure you're just kidding. ;)

But they are so different that if you disagree with on it means your afraid of it? Yah, sure. I'd expect that from a Jew. :)

Posted by Speedfreak

Everyone's missed the point. What would be the point in it? Is there currently a demand for gay characters? Would it enhance gameplay in any way, shape or form? Or is it a completely trivial matter that certain people in this thread love bitching about? I think it's that last one.

Posted by Bebop

Speedy's right. There is no use for gays in video games. Gays are usless :)

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: Besides the fact your very sarcastic and uptight, the smilie was also a giveaway. And then of course there's what you said and the context. I explained why I posted what I did and explained why that "your gay because you dont like gays argument is stupid.

Kid, that was the joke, you really didn't get it, did you? :(

Quoting Bebop: But they are so different that if you disagree with on it means your afraid of it? Yah, sure. I'd expect that from a Jew. :)

I think you missed the point of what I said.

Here's more food for thought, being afraid or questioning of your sexual orientation some sometimes tend to lash out at homosexuals out of fear or to make themselves feel better about the sexuality they think is right.

Making fun or lashing out at a nationality or religious belief may be due the same type of instincts, but it's not the same, you can't use the whole, 'Well, I hate Jews, so that makes me a Jew' line intellengently in such an arguement.

Posted by Speedfreak

...boomstick, the fuck are you talking about? Seriously this is like watching a game of golf between a blind man and a guy in a coma. One's missing the point completely and the other isn't even playing.

Posted by Iris

Making a game where main characters are homosexuals would probably be a bad move for the developers. Not that I'm against homosexuality, but it would deter more gamers from purchasing it than attract. It'd probably be unnecessary, only because sexual orientation shouldn't really serve a purpose in a game.

Why has this topic gone into gay sex in games? Unless it's rated AO, it wouldn't matter. I mean, why would we even have to worry about that?

Posted by Fate

See, that's when people should start paying attention to me because I'm smart and I know what I'm talking about.

NON-MANDATORY GAY, AS IN, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE GAY. It could've worked in Jade Empire, and I think it worked in Fable (though the only thing I saw, or at least remember, was an "orientation" stat). It only works in RPGs as far as I can see, though. I don't see gays pointlessly thrown in Advance Wars or Street Fighter or something.

Vega is a homo.
:-*

Posted by Pit

Quoting Fate: See, that's when people should start paying attention to me because I'm smart and I know what I'm talking about.

NON-MANDATORY GAY, AS IN, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE GAY. It could've worked in Jade Empire, and I think it worked in Fable (though the only thing I saw, or at least remember, was an "orientation" stat). It only works in RPGs as far as I can see, though. I don't see gays pointlessly thrown in Advance Wars or Street Fighter or something.

Vega is a homo.

Hey, I totally listened to you.

AND VEGA IS NOT HOMO, YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Dan clearly is though.

Posted by Fate

Vega is gay, gay, gay. He's so pretty, though!

Posted by Ant

Sim Dating games haven't gone over so well over here in NA. So I doubt a gay one would do much better :p

Maybe in Japan though.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Fate: Vega is gay, gay, gay. He's so pretty, though!

Do you want to get on my bad side, or something? ><

Posted by Fate

Osito, aren't you the one who suggested his gay? :-*

Posted by Bebop

Quoting boomstick: Kid, that was the joke, you really didn't get it, did you?

I've explained I knew you were joking, dyke. Point is I can't stand it when people use that bull argument. I knew you were joking but still can't stand that crap argument. What part of that do you not understand?

[quote]I think you missed the point of what I said.

Here's more food for thought, being afraid or questioning of your sexual orientation some sometimes tend to lash out at homosexuals out of fear or to make themselves feel better about the sexuality they think is right.

Making fun or lashing out at a nationality or religious belief may be due the same type of instincts, but it's not the same, you can't use the whole, 'Well, I hate Jews, so that makes me a Jew' line intellengently in such an arguement.

I love these special cases fags have. How saying something about homosexuality means one thing but is different to every other situation. My "I hate Jews so I'm a Jew" point just backs me up furhter. Of course hating Jews doesnt make you a jew just like hating gays waving their rights in your face doesnt make you a queer. I hate feminists *****ing about their rights but that still doesn't make me a woman.

Jebus Christ. I don't fear gays, nor am I gay or am I against gays, I just don't want faggots to be in video games. I guess because you support it you love a bit of the ol vagina for yourself? That's certainly the way it's looking if I can't be against it.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: I've explained I knew you were joking, dyke. Point is I can't stand it when people use that bull argument. I knew you were joking but still can't stand that crap argument. What part of that do you not understand?

You missed the point, then, I was saying if you knew it was a joke why did you take it so seriously.

Quoting Bebop: I love these special cases fags have. How saying something about homosexuality means one thing but is different to every other situation. My "I hate Jews so I'm a Jew" point just backs me up furhter. Of course hating Jews doesnt make you a jew just like hating gays waving their rights in your face doesnt make you a queer. I hate feminists *****ing about their rights but that still doesn't make me a woman.

I already stated and completely explianed how those types of things are completely different and if you didn't understand it, well, you're an idoit, that's really a simple concept, I'm sorry you didn't get it, or you just didn't read that part.

Quoting Bebop: Jebus Christ. I don't fear gays, nor am I gay or am I against gays, I just don't want faggots to be in video games. I guess because you support it you love a bit of the ol vagina for yourself? That's certainly the way it's looking if I can't be against it.

I don't even think you bothered reading my full posts or you just really don't get it, at all.

Quoting Speedfreak: ...boomstick, the fuck are you talking about? Seriously this is like watching a game of golf between a blind man and a guy in a coma. One's missing the point completely and the other isn't even playing.

That's one of the fun parts of argueing with your brother.:)

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Fate, the only actual gay video game character i know of is Juhani from the first KotOR. If you choose your main character to be a female and keep talking to Juhani she will eventually reveal her love for you and her love for munching on tacos.

Now if you call Vega gay again i will smack you. And that's no lie.[/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

Vega is the biggest homo ever. But he's cool. Carlos and I watched the Street Fighter animated movie that confirmed his gay. :)

And I didn't know Juhani was gay. Awesome. I ought to check it out.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Fate: Vega is the biggest homo ever. But he's cool. Carlos and I watched the Street Fighter animated movie that confirmed his gay. :)

[COLOR=Yellow]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/COLOR] :bowser:

Posted by Fate

"Oh, my beautiful face! I'll kill you!" = GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Or very, very metro.

:)

Posted by KoH

Quoting Bebop: Take Dante. He's gay (or bi. I don't care. Either way he likes dick) from what people tell me but his sexuality has no bearing on the actual story of the way its played.

WOAH WOAH WOAH! DANTE IS NOT GAY! HE LIKES TEH PUSSEH!!! It is nothing but your misconception of his cockiness that makes you believe that he is gay or bisexual. He is neither though, because he is teh awesomeness.

But if he were bi, it's just more to prove that bis are so much more awesome than us straights.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting boomstick: You missed the point, then, I was saying if you knew it was a joke why did you take it so seriously.

I explianed at least 3 times why.

[quote]I already stated and completely explianed how those types of things are completely different and if you didn't understand it, well, you're an idoit, that's really a simple concept, I'm sorry you didn't get it, or you just didn't read that part.

Afriad of questioning your sexuality makes you lash out at homos? That's just bull. I fail to see how that would work. It's just modern age mythical bull fags made up.

[quote]I don't even think you bothered reading my full posts or you just really don't get it, at all.

Ditto.

[quote]That's one of the fun parts of argueing with your brother.:)

We arguing? I thought it was me saying I'm not gay and don't want gays in games and you being a whiney little whore.

[quote]WOAH WOAH WOAH! DANTE IS NOT GAY! HE LIKES TEH PUSSEH!!! It is nothing but your misconception of his cockiness that makes you believe that he is gay or bisexual. He is neither though, because he is teh awesomeness.

But if he were bi, it's just more to prove that bis are so much more awesome than us straights.

So cockiness is an common attribute to gays and bis? I disagree. Just examine the sterotype.

And I disagree with his awesomeness. Aside from being an irritating cliche character his actions are cheesey. I fail to see how that makes bis or gays better than straights.

EDIT: lol

On that note I'm coming up with existing fags in games. I don't think they need any explanation.

Just messin with ya Big Boss ;-*

Posted by Fate

Good thing. I was about to start a war for him. :-*

Posted by KoH

[QUOTE=Bebop]So cockiness is an common attribute to gays and bis? I disagree. Just examine the sterotype.

And I disagree with his awesomeness. Aside from being an irritating cliche character his actions are cheesey. I fail to see how that makes bis or gays better than males.

On that note I'm coming up with existing fags in games. I don't think they need any explanation.

I didn't say that cockiness was a common attribute to gays or bis. Reread.

Meh, well, awesomeness is purely a matter of opinion, and uh... wtf? "Bis or gays better than males?" lmao I'll assume you meant that to mean this: "Bis or gays better than straights."

Either way, about what I did say, I was just joking. Don't twist your skirt up your ass over it. :)

Btw, Dante is bisexual at best.

Posted by Bebop

[quote=KoH]your misconception of his cockiness that makes you believe that he is gay or bisexual

Lol stfu ;-*

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: I explianed at least 3 times why.

No, you didn't baby.

Quoting Bebop: Afriad of questioning your sexuality makes you lash out at homos? That's just bull. I fail to see how that would work. It's just modern age mythical bull fags made up.

No, I know from experience it's true, not all the time mind you, usually it's just close mindness and/or igorance, which is seems to be the case with you.

Quoting Bebop: Ditto.

Thought so, no wonder you didn't understand or where you saying ditto to the idoit part?

Quoting Bebop: We arguing? I thought it was me saying I'm not gay and don't want gays in games and you being a whiney little whore.

Of course we are and that's why I always pursue one with you, you always are so commerical about it and then you try to pull out a flame and make yourself look even stupider and I always get at least one laugh from it, I always get a kick outta arguing with you, whether it's serious or not.

I mean seriously, do you think anybody would attack your dumb**** comments for any other reason? :p: J/K, of course.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Fate: See, that's when people should start paying attention to me because I'm smart and I know what I'm talking about.

Vega is a homo.

You're missing my point, missy. Imagine if KOTOR III came out with the option of being gay. WHO WOULD CARE? It doesn't make the game any better and it's a lot of work for a small group of people, so what's the point?

Posted by Fate

It's the same thing with hetero love. I mean, it's not necessary to advance in the game, but it's still pretty cool to have a feature like that.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting boomstick: No, you didn't baby.
Yes I did dyke.

[quote]No, I know from experience it's true, not all the time mind you, usually it's just close mindness and/or igorance, which is seems to be the case with you.
Great, so YOU'VE expereinced it. Nice evidence, arse. I know of people who say they've been a woman trapped in a man's body their whole life and I don't beleive that crap for a second. And How the phuck and I ignorent or close minded you dumb whore? I've explained why I don't want homos in games and explianed by situation with homosexuals. Is this kind of bull that annoys me the most, where you can't be against something to do with homosexuality and if you are your either branded a fag in the closet or a close minded nazi who wants them to burn in a concentration camp. Jesus it'ds people like who who shouldn't be allowed contact with children

[quote]Thought so, no wonder you didn't understand or where you saying ditto to the idoit part?
I was saying ditto to then not reading my posts part. Y'know, like who you haven't read WHY I responded to your joke like I did despite already saying so 3 times. And also how you don't understadn my situation on homosexuality as a whole jusy because I don't want them in games. Seriouly, I hope you don't have kids. But as an uptight misunderstand retard (and no-one wants to screw a retard) I think the only way that could happen is if your raped.

[quote]Of course we are and that's why I always pursue one with you, you always are so commerical about it and then you try to pull out a flame and make yourself look even stupider and I always get at least one laugh from it, I always get a kick outta arguing with you, whether it's serious or not.

I mean seriously, do you think anybody would attack your dumb**** comments for any other reason? :p: J/K, of course.

Ditto you dirty Jew :p

Posted by Fate

Okay, guys, time to put my newfound mod powers to use.

This is getting out of hand and off the subject. Stay on track, and keep it clean. You have been warned.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Fate: Okay, guys, time to put my newfound mod powers to use.

This is getting out of hand and off the subject. Stay on track, and keep it clean. You have been warned.

Sorry, I know better, but it's so hard not to follow up on Bebop, espically when he starts his little insults, it's so funny, I'll stop poking at him, it's actually getting sad to see his rebuttals now.

Anywho, back to topic, I like your idea, Fate and that would work with games like KOTOR or Jade Empire so well.

Posted by Fate

Yeah! I mean, it's fair for everyone so people can shut up about it, and the games are awesome (to most people). I liked the whole falling-in-love bit.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Fate: Yeah! I mean, it's fair for everyone so people can shut up about it, and the games are awesome (to most people). I liked the whole falling-in-love bit

Plus it'd be a way for people to express themselves as much as they want through their virtual counterparts.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Fate: Carlos and I watched the Street Fighter animated movie that confirmed his gay.

He was getting off on making Chun-Li, a very feminine and attractive woman, suffer. He's a straight psychopath, but NOT gay!

As a side note, that's one of the best fights ever.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Now i can't get that shot of Chun-Li's as[COLOR=Yellow]s[/COLOR] in the shower out of my head.

Boooiiiinnnnnggggg

Oops, off topic, sorry.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Express themselves? Homosexuality isn't normal and shouldntbe expressed to children. If you feel that your sexuality is a huge part of expressing yourself you just be really ugly or have a terrible personality.

Posted by Fate

asdfjkl;homerowkeys

She meant "express themselves by equal representation," if you want to be a ***** about wording. Ever play Jade Empire or Fable? It works in those types of games, where the player can pretty much choose what he or she wants to do. NOT MANDATORY. It's a totally hidden aspect of the game. If ten-year-old Timmy thinks it's fun to pretend to be gay in a game, let him, so long as his parents know what the game is rated.

Now quit it.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Fate: She meant "express themselves by equal representation," if you want to be a ***** about wording. Ever play Jade Empire or Fable? It works in those types of games, where the player can pretty much choose what he or she wants to do. NOT MANDATORY. It's a totally hidden aspect of the game. If ten-year-old Timmy thinks it's fun to pretend to be gay in a game, let him, so long as his parents know what the game is rated.

It would also be good because it could be like the whole bad or good side play, you could play through with different sexual orientations to see how that effects the game differently.

Quoting Bebop: Express themselves? Homosexuality isn't normal and shouldntbe expressed to children. If you feel that your sexuality is a huge part of expressing yourself you just be really ugly or have a terrible personality.

Bebop, hon, don't expect me to go after ever one, I have self-control, even on fun.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate][color=skyblue]asdfjkl:

I have not played Fable or Jade Empire. Do explain.

Posted by Fate

Um, Jade Empire has that mean-side/good-side that KOTOR had. There is a falling-in-love bit that is totally optional, and only makes the story richer and more involving. I never tried being a lesbian in Jade Empire, only because I played through it once and I didn't feel like checking it out on my first time.

Fable, though, has an even wider option. I think there was an Orientation stat, but not quite sure. I don't remember too much about it since I only played the surface, but I'm pretty sure you can be gay. Anyways, while the story of Fable keeps going, getting laid and whatnot is optional (think GTA). You can be nice, ugly, skinny, bearded, etc. 100% up to the player, and not forced into people's faces if they don't feel like getting laid in a video game or being attractive to the opposite/same sex.

Posted by Bebop

Oh right. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. It's just that Boomstick isn't very good at explaining.

Posted by CRONOfrog9

I don't care what they put into the game about gay relations as long as there isn't a "hot coffee" mod released for it. lol

Quoting Bebop: Homosexuality isn't normal.

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]Of course it isn't. Go sit in a corner and mumble it for the rest of your life, while the rest of society gets over little prejudice like this and get on with life :) .[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Fate: Fable, though, has an even wider option. I think there was an Orientation stat, but not quite sure. I don't remember too much about it since I only played the surface, but I'm pretty sure you can be gay.

You could, you could even marry into a same-sex marriage and many multiple spouses.

Quoting Bebop: Oh right. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. It's just that Boomstick isn't very good at explaining.

Or it could be the fact that I wasn't trying to explain that point to you, at all or could be, as you admitted earlier, you don't fully read my posts, those factors usually help.

Posted by LagunasSweetling

There are gay people in vgames... But not heroes. Look at the merchants in Shadow Hearts!

As for the hero. I don't think it is wrong, and it's not for me, but I don't think they would make a game like that. Or if they did, it would only be in japanand maybe europe. There is alot of Yoai and Yuri in japan. Gay relations are overlooked there. Most americans look down on it, so unless there is a big change of heart in america, then I think that we won't be seeing a game like that, until future generations get so used to it, that it doesn't matter anymore.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Shanuti Aborina: [COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]Of course it isn't. Go sit in a corner and mumble it for the rest of your life, while the rest of society gets over little prejudice like this and get on with life :) .[/FONT][/COLOR]

Pheadophilia isnt normal. Or do you disagree with that?

We were put on this earth to reproduce. To do that you need a penis and a vagina (you following this?) which is straight sex. Anything different from that is not normal. Straight sex is normal becuase that is what sex is about, reproducing. I'm not saying being a queer is a gene defect or abnormal, nor am I saying it weird nor am I trying to say that being gay is not normal in a negative way, I am merely stating that it not what sex is about. Thus not normal. Hippy.

[quote=Boomstick]Or it could be the fact that I wasn't trying to explain that point to you, at all or could be, as you admitted earlier, you don't fully read my posts, those factors usually help.

Where did I say I didn't read your posts? Is it near where I explained why I reacted like I did at your joke? Hmm, I'm assuming you not only mis-read one of my own posts but are making up ****. And of course you just can't explain for crap.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]OMG! Will it ever end?

Don't even bother replying boomstick. Whatever you say he'll be like "duhhhh, when did i say that you nazi, i don't remember ever saying anything like that, can't you take a jooooke you dyke, duhhhhhhh."[/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: Where did I say I didn't read your posts? Is it near where I explained why I reacted like I did at your joke? Hmm, I'm assuming you not only mis-read one of my own posts but are making up ****. And of course you just can't explain for crap.

Quoting boomstick: I don't even think you bothered reading my full posts or you just really don't get it, at all.

Quoting Bebop: Ditto

Quoting boomstick: Thought so, no wonder you didn't understand or where you saying ditto to the idoit part?

Quoting Bebop: I was saying ditto to then not reading my posts part.

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]OMG! Will it ever end?

Don't even bother replying boomstick. Whatever you say he'll be like "duhhhh, when did i say that you nazi, i don't remember ever saying anything like that, can't you take a jooooke you dyke, duhhhhhhh."[/COLOR]

That's part of the fun of argueing with Bebop, it's so funny to see him do things like that, always get a kick outta of it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, see, that's exactly what I meant with my golf analogy. Bebop is fucking with you (not even playing) and your arguement is bunk anyway (missing).

[quote=Bebop]Pheadophilia isnt normal. Or do you disagree with that?

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]For the love of... Pheadophilia is totally different, it is about adults that get their pleasure from abusing childrens individuality.

Are Homosexuals abusing other peoples individuality? No. Therefor, your argument is void :) .
(Waits for even more de-rep from Bebop)
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

You guys are straying from the topic about gay relations in video games, not gay relations in general. Get back on it or get out. Final warning.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: Yeah, see, that's exactly what I meant with my golf analogy. Bebop is fucking with you (not even playing) and your arguement is bunk anyway (missing).

It would be reversed, if anything, Bebop is just trying to provoke me and I'm just playing with him, even when I just killed his latest attempt.

Now stop, seriously, to both you and Bebop, it was funny to begin with, but it got old, we got our laughs and now that's the end, we're just ****ing off Fate and flying off topic.

Okay, on the last note of that, I want to restate that developers and publishers alike shouldn't close off the idea of gay relations, it'd work perfectly in a choice-based game such as KOTOR or Jade Empire.

Posted by Fate

I think future systems would be able to hold the wide variety of choices to be made in a game. There ought to be a huge amount of memory in the next generation, and the "gay relations" aspect could turn out interesting.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Fate: :-*

I think future systems would be able to hold the wide variety of choices to be made in a game. There ought to be a huge amount of memory in the next generation, and the "gay relations" aspect could turn out interesting.

Espically if it were applied the same way the good and bad side system is in KOTOR and Jade Empire, it could make for even more replay value.

Posted by netman

I thought the Sims did it good!

If you think your character is of the homosexual persuasion, you can see they pursue happiness of the same gender!

Although like the game, the novelty wears off after a while. However if it were done in such a way with possible storylines and things, that would be great.

yeah its a gay thread, how could i not show up

Posted by Bebop

I was saying ditto to say you didn't read my posts. I don't understand where you got "I don't read your posts" from. And, Paul, shut up. I have to sort this out with boomy. She's not reading my posts and not getting my point. I say she doesnt read my posts and she says I admitted to not reading hers. See? WTF? Got to sort this out.

BTW Paul are you gay? I've seen photos of you and got wondering....

EDIT: He knows ;-*

If you want to be gay in games get the Sims, like Netman said. Come to think of it sexuality of any form is hardly given any light in games. And I like that.

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]Sorry, I totally missed the meaning of that when I read it before. I've now edited it. [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Shanuti Aborina: [COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]For the love of... Pheadophilia is totally different, it is about adults that get their pleasure from abusing childrens individuality.

Are Homosexuals abusing other peoples individuality? No. Therefor, your argument is void :) .
(Waits for even more de-rep from Bebop)
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Pheadophilia is sex between an adult and someone underage. You can't assume that everytime this happens it is not consented. But imagine we're in anceient Greece where adult and boy cock on cock action is socially accepted. Does it mean it's normal? Of course not. Anyone can see that. But point is it's a sexual preference and your basically saying being agaisnt someones sexual preference is prejudice. You call me prejudice for not seeing homoseuxality as normal but if anyone found kiddie touching not normal, by your logic, they are a prejudice person with much fire and rage in dem deh souls.

On that note if boy fun was legal and became socially accpeted over the years (like homosexuality now) how would you feel about it being in games? For me it's the same way I'd feel about homosexuality being in games. First off unneeded, and something that children or anyone should have to witness.

Quoting Bebop: Pheadophilia is sex between an adult and someone underage. You can't assume that everytime this happens it is not consented. But imagine we're in anceient Greece where adult and boy cock on cock action is socially accepted. Does it mean it's normal? Of course not. Anyone can see that. But point is it's a sexual preference and your basically saying being agaisnt someones sexual preference is prejudice. You call me prejudice for not seeing homoseuxality as normal but if anyone found kiddie touching not normal, by your logic, they are a prejudice person with much fire and rage in dem deh souls.

On that note if boy fun was legal and became socially accpeted over the years (like homosexuality now) how would you feel about it being in games? For me it's the same way I'd feel about homosexuality being in games. First off unneeded, and something that children or anyone should have to witness.

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]First off, the pheadophillia thing- most pheadophillia is wrong because it is adults abusing children that either- 1. Don't know whats going on or 2. Are too ravaged by hormones to understand what they want.

Now, In games, any kind of sex scene is un-acceptable in my view. Homosexual, Hetrosexual, pheadophilic... it's all wrong, because it isn't something children should have to witness. We agree on this, Yes?

I have no problem what-so-ever with having homosexual relations in video games. It should, however, be made clear to who-ever is buying the game, or to the parent of the minor buying the game that it contains scenes of a homosexual nature. that way, people can avoid buying the game if it would offend them.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

:rolleyes:

Quoting Bebop: I was saying ditto to say you didn't read my posts. I don't understand where you got "I don't read your posts" from. And, Paul, shut up. I have to sort this out with boomy. She's not reading my posts and not getting my point. I say she doesnt read my posts and she says I admitted to not reading hers. See? WTF? Got to sort this out.

*sign*

Quoting boomstick: I don't even think you bothered reading my full posts or you just really don't get it, at all.

Quoting Bebop: Ditto

Quoting boomstick: Thought so, no wonder you didn't understand or where you saying ditto to the idoit part?

Quoting Bebop: I was saying ditto to the not reading my posts part.

It's very obvious to ****ing anybody with half a brain that you were referring to when I asked if you were reading my posts and it becames very obvious to me now that you aren't reading any of my posts.

Don't you get it, I really don't care.

It's like the golf example your brother posted up, except reversed of what he meant, I was just playing around with you, but you keep trying to beat this dead arguement, so stop, it's went from funny to sad.

And I think I'm going to be the bigger person here and step away from this, you can use whatever rebuttals you wish, but I'm getting no more laughs from this, it's just became annoying, so let's quit with the dummy arguement for ***'dssake

Posted by Bebop

When I was saying ditto, it was merely my saving time and effort to post "I don't even think YOU bothered reading my full posts or you just really don't get it, at all." Ironicly when I posted ditto to say the same thing as you, and mean the same thing as you it ended up with me having to explain this over posts. I don't think your read MY posts fully or understood them. This is what I meant all along by ditto, NOT me admitting to no reading your posts.

[quote]First off, the pheadophillia thing- most pheadophillia is wrong because it is adults abusing children that either- 1. Don't know whats going on or 2. Are too ravaged by hormones to understand what they want.

K, irrelevant.

[quote]Now, In games, any kind of sex scene is un-acceptable in my view. Homosexual, Hetrosexual, pheadophilic... it's all wrong, because it isn't something children should have to witness. We agree on this, Yes?
I agree that sex in any shape or form should not be shown. I have stated this before.

[quote]It should, however, be made clear to who-ever is buying the game, or to the parent of the minor buying the game that it contains scenes of a homosexual nature.

Do you mean like s sticker saying "WARNING contains homosexual activity"? This actually seems offensive to me. This is the difficulty with putting homosexuality into video games. In order to not offend you would need to make sure people are aware its in a game. But say you had a sticker like this on a box, it just ends up looking rather offensive if you know what I mean? If homosexuality was in games it'd probable offend more than help express. I'm sure we'd see more sterotypes than reality.

Netman, can you actally get gay relationships in the Sims? With a mate of mine we tried to. I created myself and Tom created him. We made the characters hug and stuff and become good friends but it never got to a stage where it was obvious there was a gay relationship blooming. Funnily enough, we were able to adopt a child.

Posted by CRONOfrog9

Quoting nich: I was looking for information about LoZ:TP and in the forrum section a guy posted about the supposed homosexuality of Link. Some one said so what and he said I do it's just sick, and the whole thing quite quickly exploded. Im interested to know, should there be gay relations in vg? We've all played final fantasy where the guy gets the girl, but what if the guy gets the guy?

Do you realize the controversy you started? lol

Quoting Bebop:
Do you mean like s sticker saying "WARNING contains homosexual activity"? This actually seems offensive to me. This is the difficulty with putting homosexuality into video games. In order to not offend you would need to make sure people are aware its in a game. But say you had a sticker like this on a box, it just ends up looking rather offensive if you know what I mean? If homosexuality was in games it'd probable offend more than help express. I'm sure we'd see more sterotypes than reality.

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]****... I'm running out of Arguments. To me it seems like this- I have no problem with Gay relations in Video Games. I do however, have a problem with the idea of Sex in one. I believe however, the idea of homosexuality in Video games is creating more damage than good. While it is giving more open-ness and acceptance to homosexuals, it is just creating problems. If we put stickers on games to warn people off, we are offending homosexuals. If we don't, stores are going to end up with a queue the length of full of angry mothers after their children have been shown such material.

I wish I had more arguments, but I'm out of em :(.

And you can make them gay in the Sims. I tried it years ago :P.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

BTW that previous post wasnt meant to sound sarcastic or patronising or anything. I just thought thats what you mean.

Surely these are reasons to NOT have homosexuality in a video game? Weren't you supporting the idea? I can't remember.... I'll go back and check

Quoting Bebop: BTW that previous post wasnt meant to sound sarcastic or patronising or anything. I just thought thats what you mean.

Surely these are reasons to NOT have homosexuality in a video game? Weren't you supporting the idea? I can't remember.... I'll go back and check

[COLOR=LightBlue][FONT=Papyrus]I was supporting to have it, and I still believe that It has a right to be there, but I've realised that on the whole, more bad would come from it because some parents won't want their children viewing it, and an AO rating on a game just because it has scenes of a homosexual nature is rather insulting.

And I didn't see it as patronising. You made me see what a stupid Idea it was :\.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Bebop: BTW Paul are you gay? I've seen photos of you and got wondering....

[COLOR=Yellow]Nope, sorry. Don't worry though, there are plenty of Brits here you can hit on.[/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

Oh my blue holy lock.