Why's everyone so down on The Wind Waker?...

Posted by Joey-paparini

Whenever I go onto a board about Zelda, people always ask whay everyone thinks about The Wind Waker, and the replies always "IT SUKS!!! THE GRAPHICS ARE TOTAL BULL $HIT!!!", come on! The storie's just as good as any other Zelda game, and the graphics match this game better than the serious look Zelda had in OOT and MM... At least I think so.

Posted by maian

I agree. While I would've preferred darker more realistic graphics (I'm lik hardcore MM stfu) I absolutely loved the story and gameplay, and you don't even notice the graphics after the first 5 minutes. I love WW, and always will.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I love WW, and always will.

Indeed.

WW2 plz.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

People say that the Wind Wakers graphics are "kiddish"...which their not. They are cell-shaded.

I love Wind Waker myself, and I cant wait until The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess comes out. I think its November 11th, 17th or 19th. Which ever day it is, I know I will play it nonstop and I will get no sleep for a couple of days : ).

Posted by FerreTrip

I loved the Wind Waker, and I have to admit, the only drawback was having impatient little me use cheats and already have all the shards in my possession w/out having to do it myself. Now, I'm gonna do it fair and square. Anyway, the reason people hate WW is because it's cel-shaded. I like that style, actually. I think that it brings out the series' humor much better by having cartoonistic humor scenes. Why? Expressions. That's why Miyamoto-san did that. I love that game. I just wish that they weren't rushed, or we'd prolly have a hell of a lot more dungeons. According to a pal of mine, I found out that they were rushed, so they couldn't finish all of it in time. STUPID DEADLINES!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: People say that the Wind Wakers graphics are "kiddish"...which their not. They are cell-shaded.

Or "toon-shaded". And cartoons tend to be directed towards kids. So therefore, they could be considered "childish", though it's not like it really matters.

Posted by ScudZteR

your right, childish or not it still can be enjoyed by older kids and even adults (my dad loves that game)

Posted by Joey-paparini

The game's great. I DON'T EVEN notice the graphics anymore. The only complaint I have is going into the Nintendo gallery, giving a photo, going outside, turning it night, and then back. So much for a little statue...

Posted by Klarth

Wind Waker has the best cel-shading of any cel-shaded game i've played. Full stop. I love the way that the black outlines that are usually customary for cel-shaded games were almost entirely left out.

but then again only gay babies play the gamecube for the gay baby games huh huh?

Posted by ScudZteR

[QUOTE=Joey-paparini]the replies always "IT SUKS!!! THE GRAPHICS ARE TOTAL BULL $HIT!!!"QUOTE]

It seems that way but in some cases ive heared people say that those graphics are the best of all and that was how zelda was supposed to be like. "thats how the graphics here when it was 2D" some say.

Posted by ScudZteR

Quoting Joey-paparini: Whenever I go onto a board about Zelda, people always ask whay everyone thinks about The Wind Waker, and the replies always "IT SUKS!!! THE GRAPHICS ARE TOTAL BULL $HIT!!!"

I Know! However, Ive even heard some extremests on the other side that think that this is how zelda has always supposed to look. They think that this is how the graphics always were in the 2D games.

Posted by -Shadow-

I loved Windwaker, but I would prefer more realistic graphics in a Zelda game.