I need a new RPG for the GC...

Posted by Joey-paparini

All's I have is Evolution Worlds and Summoner: a ***dess Reborn. None of the two are very bad, i've just played them to the bone, and really need something new. I'd re-play Evolution Worlds, but the dungeons are sooooooo repetitive... I hear good things about Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Posted by Xenos

I haven't really played ToS or SoA, but they seem quite appealing. But don't take my word for it. :)

Posted by Shin-Ra

Out of those, I've only played Skies of Arcadia. It's a pretty good game, with breath-taking environments, but the "cutesy" anime styled characters can get pretty annoying. I still recommend it, and it should be at a reasonable price by now, seeing as how it's a Dreamcast port to the GC that's been out for a while even on that system.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Shin-Ra: Out of those, I've only played Skies of Arcadia. It's a pretty good game, with breath-taking environments, but the "cutesy" anime styled characters can get pretty annoying. I still recommend it, and it should be at a reasonable price by now, seeing as how it's a Dreamcast port to the GC that's been out for a while even on that system.

I agree with Shin-Ra. Try to get Skies of Arcadia. I totally recommend you buying that game. Please keep in mind the game is a couple years old now so the graphics may be a little outdated.

Posted by Arczu

Skies of Arcadia is on the Gamecube? Oh I wish I had known that sooner.

Posted by project101

try Baten Kaitos: Eternal wings and the lost ocean

Posted by Riku

i played and beat tales of symphonia. it really is one of my favorite rpg games of all time. cool charectars, awesome battle style, some anime cutscenes. you really should get this

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I've played all of them. For the best one its a tie between Paper Mario and Tales of Symphonia. I would go with Tales of Symphonia just because I had more fun playing with the battle system then I did in Paper Mario.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

[FONT=Papyrus][COLOR=DarkRed]I have also played all 3, and Baten Kaitos.

Out of them, I have completed all apart from Skies, which has a final trio of bosses that seem impossible :/. Get Symphonia first, then Baten Kaitos, then Paper mario, and finally Skies. That should keep you entertained for a while ^^[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Dexter

I got Baten Kaitos. I am in that tree village heading towards the library to find the witch (not within the second disk yet). So far, I find the game enjoyable and beautiful. The locations are gorgeous. The way the clouds and grass graciously sway with the wind in such a tranquil manner reminds me of Vincent Ward's film What Dreams May Come. It looks like a dazzling painting. I can't wait to see what the rest of the game holds for me. The adventure is exciting and I'm about to get my last party member.

Posted by veritas

you shoud play metroid prime and metroid prime 2 echoes. they are really good games

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Quoting Dexter: I got Baten Kaitos. I am in that tree village heading towards the library to find the witch (not within the second disk yet). So far, I find the game enjoyable and beautiful. The locations are gorgeous. The way the clouds and grass graciously sway with the wind in such a tranquil manner reminds me of Vincent Ward's film What Dreams May Come. It looks like a dazzling painting. I can't wait to see what the rest of the game holds for me. The adventure is exciting and I'm about to get my last party member.

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Papyrus]Not quite yet! You won't get your final party member until you go to the Next Island. They are also the best, funniest character! XD[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Black_Wolf

And then after you get those, yer screwed like a pooch b/c that's all the 'Cube has to offer. PSone RPG's kick so much more a[color=black]ss than any on the GC, so that's my suggestion.[/color]

Posted by segashadow128gcn

dude you owe it to your sefl to play Tales of Symphonia you have to you absolutly have to! it is one of the most amazing rpgs ihave played nad after you beat it doing the side quest is great then the grade system adds to the replayability this game is amazing if you had what it takes to play through evolution worlds, 2 times....man dude play tales you will love it. and i have baten kantios to but i really would not recomand it to a hard core rpg player its not that great i dont like it at all, buy tales of symphonia dude its a gamecube players choice now for 19.99 i sware dude it will be the best 20 bucks you have ever spent on a rpg because it was the best 50 i spent

Posted by Lucifer

Here's an idea: Buy a system that has RPGs worth playing.

With the exception of a few games mind you (Baton Kaitos, Skies of Arcadia included).

Posted by LinksPast

Quoting Dexter: I got Baten Kaitos. I am in that tree village heading towards the library to find the witch (not within the second disk yet). So far, I find the game enjoyable and beautiful. The locations are gorgeous. The way the clouds and grass graciously sway with the wind in such a tranquil manner reminds me of Vincent Ward's film What Dreams May Come. It looks like a dazzling painting. I can't wait to see what the rest of the game holds for me. The adventure is exciting and I'm about to get my last party member.

I loved this game, I beat it last febuary; I suggest you do some leveling, Giacamo and his goons get pretty tough.(Took me 4 trys 1st tiem around.)

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Get Skies. NOW.

Posted by Random

Personally my favorite Gamecube RPG has to be Paper Mario 2. I love that game ^_^

Posted by Barrysun

I've got Pokemon Colosseum. it's fun to snag shadow pokemon from the bad guys and heal their hearts. and speaking of which, there is also the Gale of darkness that sounds interesting. I hope to get that game sometime soon.