Resident Evil 5 Announced for Xbox360 and PS3

Posted by Random

I found this at Gamespy and searched in other places.. It's been announced for the 360 and for the PS3 but there is no word of it coming out for a Nintendo Console.. Heres an article on it. Enjoy!

http://www.igniq.com/2005/07/resident-evil-5-announced-for-ps3-xbox.html

Posted by Bebop

The trailer was pretty informative. It's not ingame but from the trailer it's clear the game is set in a city setting (inevitable), you don't play as Leon and from the cough at the end of the trailer, its possible the main character is infected just like Leon was.

Posted by Axis

I found out about this 2 days ago. Still exciting news, though.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

WAIT GUYS, IS IT PRE-RENDERED?

Start argument....now.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I heard Resident Evil 5 was also coming out for the psp.

Posted by Random

No news of that..

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: I heard that Resident Evil 5 was also coming out for the psp.

Agh, I guess I was misinformed.

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

It would be a shame if this didn't end up on the Revolution. Even though RE didn't start out on a Nintendo console, RE seems like a part of Nintendo's family now.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

[FONT=papyrus][COLOR=Darkred]I can see for the fist time i'll be getting a console other than nintendo's own. I'll still be getting nintendo's of course ^^.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Masuyo T3h Ninja: It would be a shame if this didn't end up on the Revolution. Even though RE didn't start out on a Nintendo console, RE seems like a part of Nintendo's family now.
It won't be.

[quote=Velvet Nightmare]WAIT GUYS, IS IT PRE-RENDERED?I really do hope so. I loved the pre-rendered graphics.

[URL=http://www.gametrailers.com/streamer.php?type=wmv&id=2036]Here's a link[/URL] to the trailer. Unsure who the character is, but it looks like it may just be Chris. Hmmmm... He gets chased by a group of enemies, and I mean chased. They actually run at him full speed. And Bebop, what cough are you talking about? I didn't notice him cough.

Posted by boomstick

Exciting stuff, another great looking game for the next-gen consoles, now my most anticiapted next-gen game right next to Oblivion.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Looks like Chris to me. Part of me wishes it was, because i've been looking forward to seeing Chris again since Code Veronica. But the other part wishes it wasn't, because if he is Chris, it could potentially be the last chapter of the RE saga. Let's hope that doesn't happen yet.[/COLOR]

Posted by Random

I'm just stoked all around. I love Resident Evil games and i'm really looking forward to it being on the 360. It's a step up for Microsoft once again having Final Fantasy and RE now for their Console. It's a step in the right path for Microsoft. But getting the Majority of the Fans will be a difficult process.

Posted by Bebop

Last Fog, I read on Gamespot that a Revoltuion version is more than possible.

Aioros, why would having Chris mean the last of RE?

Velvet, I think it is. But it's still hard to tell with this low quality footage.

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

Chris is the main role? Man, I want Barry Burtons!

Posted by Last Fog

But... Barry dies in the first game... well, depending on the choice of the player. I'm not sure about the original, but in the gamecube version you can let him die. Whatever, that sure doesn't look anything like Barry anyway.

Posted by Illyria110

Yeah, that definitely looks like Chris, but I don't necessarily think that just because it's him, that will mean the end of the series. The Resident Evil series is still very popular, and there is still so much they can do with the storyline.

But, with that said, the trailer looks great, I can't wait to gat my hands on this game.

Posted by Random

Quoting Bebop: Last Fog, I read on Gamespot that a Revoltuion version is more than possible..

Yeah it's definately Possible. I wouldn't see why not. It just hasn't been announced yet.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Last Fog: But... Barry dies in the first game... well, depending on the choice of the player. I'm not sure about the original, but in the gamecube version you can let him die. Whatever, that sure doesn't look anything like Barry anyway.

[COLOR=Yellow]There are many different endings you can achieve in RE1, but going by the official RE3 prologues you can see that Barry does live along with Chris, Jill, and Rebecca.

Bebop, i said having Chris as the main character could potentially mean that the game will wrap up the storyline because if Chris is there, there's a very good chance Wesker will also be there. Which could in turn lead to the final battle that's been anticipated for years. But it's all just speculation from me, so don't look too much into it.[/COLOR]

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]There are many different endings you can achieve in RE1, but going by the official RE3 prologues you can see that Barry does live along with Chris, Jill, and Rebecca.

Bebop, i said having Chris as the main character could potentially mean that the game will wrap up the storyline because if Chris is there, there's a very good chance Wesker will also be there. Which could in turn lead to the final battle that's been anticipated for years. But it's all just speculation from me, so don't look too much into it.[/COLOR]

It might end the storyline, but surely another will follow with new characters and such. Capcom hasn't killed off Mega Man or Street Fighter yet, so the cash cow that is RE will remain for a long time to come.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Big Boss]Wesker has a nasty habit of living longer than he should, so hopefully it's not the last installment.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Bebop: Unfortunately....

I'm sure the last thing we want is the Resident Evil series to become as bland, washed up and crap as Mega Man. I'm sure Capcom will end the Resi stroyline quickly. I'm going to say after RE 7. But trusting Capcom they'll still make RE games based around new characters in various places on the timeline.

Hasn't that already started? Outbreak, anyone?

Posted by TendoAddict

As Far as Im concernd if they keep making the games like RE4 , keep up with the story, and dont make crappy side games that suck, I can exspect RE to have a longe life.

But if they mess it up, it might be the end of RE.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting TendoAddict: But if they mess it up, it might be the end of RE.

Doubtfully, I think the RE fanbase is very loyal brand.

Posted by Random

Yeah there haven't been too many bad Resident Evil Games. Though I did think Dead Aim was horrible..

Posted by Aioros

Quoting boomstick: Doubtfully, I think the RE fanbase is very loyal brand.

[COLOR=Yellow]Hehe, so true. I treasure my copy of Resident Evil Survivor because it's kinda hard to find, which also happens to be one of the worst games in existence.[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't see any new gameplay enhancements, so I don't see any new reason to be excited.

Posted by Bebop

Well considering it's just a pre-rendered computer sequence no wonder you didn't see any game enhancements.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I hope its Chris. He is my favorite character in the whole series. But during RE4 didn't it say that Umbrella was finished? So whos making the zombies? Is it Wesker or did Umbrella change there name or did the company not fail in Europe? I'm going to have to watch this game more closely as it reachs its release date.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wesker's trying to revive Umbrella, pay attention.

Posted by Illyria110

Quoting Vampire Slayer: I hope its Chris. He is my favorite character in the whole series. But during RE4 didn't it say that Umbrella was finished? So whos making the zombies? Is it Wesker or did Umbrella change there name or did the company not fail in Europe? I'm going to have to watch this game more closely as it reachs its release date.

Umbrella will never be "finished" or completely gone.

Posted by Mr. Pistol

Words cannot describe how much I'm looking forward to this game.

Posted by Speedfreak

Why, what's new about it?

Posted by Fate

Not that it's new, just that it's another RE game. The story means something to RE fans, you know. :/

Posted by Speedfreak

I am a RE fan, the story is important but it certainly isn't everything. If it ends up being a RE4 clone there's no way in hell I'm getting it. RE4 was good as a start to a new kind of RE game, but there's plenty of things they could do better in it.

Posted by Feverus

I prefere zombies more then parasites

Posted by Speedfreak

The gameplay isn't going to be old-school, you know that right?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting Speedfreak: I am a RE fan, the story is important but it certainly isn't everything.
In RE, story may not be everything, but it's a very large portion of what makes the game good.[quote=Speedfreak]If it ends up being a RE4 clone there's no way in hell I'm getting it. RE4 was good as a start to a new kind of RE game, but there's plenty of things they could do better in it.

If the game has the same combat system, mechanics, and so forth, but an entirely different storyline, you're not going to play the game just because it may be similar to another game in the series?

Posted by Speedfreak

I won't play it because it'll essentially be the same game. I don't play full price for games that don't evolve in any way, shape or form.

Posted by Fate

Of course you'll play it! You'd probably just buy it when the price is reduced or something.

Whether RE5 goes back to old school, goes "RE4," or reinvents the series, I'd sure get it.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Speedfreak: Why, what's new about it?
[COLOR=Yellow]We don't know yet.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: The gameplay isn't going to be old-school, you know that right?
[COLOR=Yellow]We don't know yet, there might be zombies.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: I won't play it because it'll essentially be the same game. I don't play full price for games that don't evolve in any way, shape or form.
[COLOR=Yellow]We don't know that yet. So far Capcom has told little to nothing, other than it will have the gameplay mechanics of RE4.

You've already decided that you're not going to play it after seeing a 20 second trailer? Remember that little chat we had about criticizing games you haven't played? Here's a great example.[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

No, you moron. I'm not actually saying it will be the same game, read my bloody post. I'm saying if it's the same as RE4 then I won't buy it.

Quoting Fate: Of course you'll play it! You'd probably just buy it when the price is reduced or something.

Whether RE5 goes back to old school, goes "RE4," or reinvents the series, I'd sure get it.

If I don't pay full price for it chances are I won't end up getting it at all.

Really though, I'll probably get it. I'm just antagonising those who jump the gun and scream about how they can't wait for it when there's nothing but a handful of screenshots and no real info whatsoever.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Really though, I'll probably get it. I'm just antagonising those who jump the gun and scream about how they can't wait for it when there's nothing but a handful of screenshots and no real info whatsoever.

Well, if it follows in the same vien as RE4, I don't blame people for getting even a bit excited. The controls were much better, and it was an overal fanastic game. If you liked that game even a bit, and are told that there will be some similar elements, then you can't help but feel a bit excited. Plus, the video and screen shots looked pretty good, so that just adds to the excitement. But, of course people are jumping the gun. That's just what they do.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Speedfreak: read my bloody post
[COLOR=Yellow]That seems to be a pretty popular saying around here among those who don't actually have a better argument. The question is did you read your post? All the things i quoted you on imply that you do think it will be the same game, so you won't buy it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Yellow]The only post you had were you didn't prematurely bash the game is this one:[/COLOR]

Quoted post: I am a RE fan, the story is important but it certainly isn't everything. If it ends up being a RE4 clone there's no way in hell I'm getting it. RE4 was good as a start to a new kind of RE game, but there's plenty of things they could do better in it.

[COLOR=Yellow]Notice the keyword if in there, if the rest of your posts were like that then i would'nt have a problem. Now read your posts after that and notice the difference.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Yellow]Please read your previous posts before you reply so rudely.[/COLOR]