Favorite rareware game.

Posted by inequity

What is your favorite Rare game released for the N64? Mine would have to be diddy kong racing. I enjoyed the story mode and the many challenges the game had to offer. Getting T.T. as a playable character was quite a challenge. Its probobly my favorite racing game for the N64.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I totally agree with you! I loved the multiplayer racing battles in that game along with the traditional racing tracks.

And you right, it did take a great deal of time to get t.t. Heh

Conkeres Bad Fur Day
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64
Perfect Dark
and Goldeneye were also great games!

Jet Force Gemini was an awesome game...but...not that many people know about it. Its a hidden treasure...a gem... if you don't already have it I suggest you pick it up today because its a great game.

Posted by D.J Cat

They were all great.

The only one I haven't played is Mickey's Speedyway.
I'd like to play it one day, but considering how Rare it is (ha ha ha!) I probably wouldn't be able to get it for a decent price.

Posted by Ch

Oh man I can't even begin to think of a favorite. Too many memorable and great games. My favorite rare games for N64 would have to be
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Goldeneye
Diddy Kong Racing
and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

[QUOTE=Ch

Posted by NegativeTrend

[QUOTE=Ch

Posted by -Shadow-

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Dk64
Conkers Bad Fur Day

I dont like Golden Eye or Diddy Kong racing at all.

Posted by Apathetic

conkers of course

Posted by Dexter

Mickey's Speedway USA is the only one I don't have on that list. I did play it once though. Not my favorite.

Goldeneye 007 is definitely my favorite. It is my favorite game ever! It would be nice if it were online.

Posted by Megatron

I liked almost all of them but I have to go with Perfect Dark.

Posted by LagunasSweetling

Banjo Kazooie has really annoying voices, and storyline, but the gameplay was entertaining. =)

Posted by blue123

i am all over donkey kong racing, i had many competitions over that game

Posted by obryen

Jet Force Gemini is the best 3D shooter I've ever played. It failed because it was hyped as something new and different, whereas it was just a really really good shooter. The controls threw some people off, but those people aren't really people anyway, so it's okay. It took me five years to collect all the tribals, and I'm not exaggerating in the least. Five painful years. Finally I get to fight Mizar, and he repeatedly kicks my ***. Another five years it is, then.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Jet Force Gemini is a ton of fun, the controls were easy I thought.

But by far my favourite are (and not just because I'm the best at them) are GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. I can get EVERY cheat in both games with a cheat or trick.

Posted by Zeta

Banjo Kazooie. That was all I ever played when I went to my cousin's house.

Posted by Ant

Conkers Bad Fur Day. Fantastic, orginal game.

Posted by Outlaw

Banjo Tooie. It had so much to offer, an amazing lengh and tons of hidden secrets. Banjo Kazooie comes up next.

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting obryen: Jet Force Gemini is the best 3D shooter I've ever played. It failed because it was hyped as something new and different, whereas it was just a really really good shooter. The controls threw some people off, but those people aren't really people anyway, so it's okay. It took me five years to collect all the tribals, and I'm not exaggerating in the least. Five painful years. Finally I get to fight Mizar, and he repeatedly kicks my ***. Another five years it is, then.

Ahh, Jet Force Gemini was an excelent and very much underrated game.
Probably the most underrated game I can think of.

The controls were excelent, sure they might take some getting used too, or maybe not for some poeple but they worked so well once you know whay your doing.
The atmosphere, the music, the gameplay and all the weird little things that Rare put in it made it so enjoyable, like the fish food, the flies buzzing around dead bodies, the guy who lost his pants...etc.

And yeah, I got all the Tribals and did everthing within a good enough amount of time.
That was 4 years ago.
I still have not beaten Mizar. :(
Rediculously difficult last boss.

Posted by ItsQuagmire

Almost all of those games up there except mickeys speedway, rare made some good games for the Ninetendo64 and were excellent.

Posted by nwskeptic

Goldeneye remains my favorite. The multiplayer mode is pretty fun. However, it seems to be repetitious after a while.

Posted by Shinsei

I'd say Perfect Dark.. But the topic is closed, so.. Anyway, I loved that game!

Posted by GSNForce.com

Perfect Dark

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and Diddy Kong Racing!

Posted by Corrupt

I honestly can't choose between Conker's Bad Fur Day and Goldeneye :( So I'd have to say both of those are my favorites. I'd still love to pick up Diddy Kong Racing and Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie one of these days, along with Perfect Dark. Not too hard to get, especially with all the good game stores around here.

Posted by Moogs

Conker's Bad Fur Day or Banjoi Kazooie

Posted by Dog

Diddy Kong Racing
Conkeres Bad Fur Day
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64
Perfect Dark
and Goldeneye.

Posted by Dexter

Shalien, I'm sure you could narrow that down if you tried.

When I first had Perfect Dark, I was positive it was better than Goldeneye, but with time and consideration, I've found that Goldeneye is the superior game. The single player is so much fun and the challenges are truly endless. The multiplayer isn't so jam-packed that the Nintendo 64 can actually handle it appropriately, unlike Perfect Dark's multiplayer that often gets tweaked to the degree that makes it difficult to play. Too many sims and smoke is an awful combination.

Posted by Bradders

Goldeneye - Pure and simple. Still play it every now and then to this day!

Posted by Proto Man

Goldeneye for me as well. I still think it's the best FPS to date.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Goldeneye is a good game, but I wouldn't really say it's the best FPS. It's too old, and I've played it to the point where I'm just sick of it.

Posted by Dexter

I can't seem to play it to the point of getting sick of it and I seriously can't think of a better FPS. I don't think I could ever play one more than Goldeneye and I know I could never enjoy one as much.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

You guys are really making me wish I knew where my N64 is. :[

Posted by Dexter

If I turn on Goldeneye, chances are I'll get stuck playing it for awhile, even when there are new games calling out for my attention. It's just a great game with endless replay value.

Posted by Bradders

I want to know who that 1 guy is that voted that he hated all the Rareware games!!!!! Why would anyone think that? Rare made the best games off all time (even to this day) for the N64. Since they went to MS they have lost something special, but when they were with Nintendo they were just the best

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Number 1:Perfect dark
Number 2: Goldeneye
Number 3: Conker bad furr day
Number 4 : Diddy kong racing
Number 5: Donkey Kong 64[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Bradders: I want to know who that 1 guy is that voted that he hated all the Rareware games!!!!!

That was Last Fog. What does he know about games anyway? :mad:

Posted by TheSorrow

Goldeneye and Conkers Bad Fur Day

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Goldeneye, for sure. That game was the first time I ever played against another human in a FPS game. I mean, I had played Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, but never in a FPS.

I got whooped numerous times before I got the hang of it, and with time, I got better and better at it.

I seriously haven't played more than a few minutes of Single Player mode, though. To me, that game is all about the 4 way split-screen on a big TV with 3 friends who are just slightly worse than you at the game.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Fei-on Castor:

I seriously haven't played more than a few minutes of Single Player mode, though. To me, that game is all about the 4 way split-screen on a big TV with 3 friends who are just slightly worse than you at the game.

I somewhat disagree with that statement, I actually thought the single player was pretty fun. It's something I could actually play over and over, and not get tired of it.

Posted by Dexter

The single-player mode, to me, has infinite replay value. After you beat it on the hardest mode you get to alter the figures and it just adds infinite challenges that are incredibly addicted. You can always challenge yourself more and more.

Of course, the multiplayer has infinite replay value, too. The single-player mode is definitely worth the attention, though, and it will give you far more appreciation for the game, as well.

Posted by Vasioth

I'm going to go with Conker's Bad Fur Day. With halirous Paparatisey (Please be the correct spelling) jokes, and the laid back actions, it was great fun for a first shot on the story mode.

And aside that, I thought the Multiplayer was superb. Never got bored of the Teddy/Squirrel War-Zone stage!

Posted by ScudZteR

Conkers Bad Fur Day. I had to get my cousin to give me his because I was too young to get it when it came out. Still when I'm playing Halo and snipe a headshot I let out a, "ooooooh, head shot.." and of course, when my sight is not so true "aw! **** I missed!" That game, oh so scum.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Goldeneye and Blast Corps. I never really played BFD that much though... I should do it.

Posted by Abendigo

if i could i'd vote for dk64!!

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Conker Bad Fur Day, no doubt, that game was just hilarous and awesome at the same time!