Gadgets and Technology Board

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Given that we're all major-league geeks here it seems weird that, while we have a board for every type of gaming device imaginable, we don't have one for generic gadgets - stuff like hard-disc based mp3 players, portable media device, mobile phones, discussion on what wireless card to use for Nintendo WiFi Connection or Sony's wireless service.

Powers that be - make it happen.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Seconded.

Posted by The Judge

Thirded.

Posted by KoH

Fourthed. Even though my vote means relatively nothing. :) Still a champion idea.

Posted by Hyper

Computers has always doubled as a board for that stuff, but I guess it could do with a rename to "Computers and Technology" or something.

Posted by maian

....Fifthed?

It sounded retarded by looking at the title but then got better. o_O

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting maian: ....Fifthed?

It sounded retarded by looking at the title but then got better. o_O

You know what sounds stupider than fifthed? ...sixthed...lol

Posted by Axis

Seventhed.

Posted by mis0

Please call it "NERD BOARD". For me?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Or how about 'Wacko board'??!!! :D:D:D:D Yes, I eightethed, er something like dat, for dat title!! :D:D:D

Posted by Arczu

OMG how about no? One exists already... sortof.

This seems like a good idea, but I'm worried about the traffic the board may be recieiving. It should be at least as popular as the computers board.

Posted by KoH

Actually, since we already have a computers board, why not name the new board "Gadgets and Technology?"

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Eighthed, thanks.

Quoted post: Computers has always doubled as a board for that stuff, but I guess it could do with a rename to "Computers and Technology" or something.

That's actually a pretty good idea.

Posted by sabre

Or, better, Technology and Computing.

I just like the word technology and want it to be at the start. =(

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Sabredog: Or, better, Technology and Computing.

I just like the word technology and want it to be at the start. =(

I second this, at least I think I do. Anyway, rename the Computer board to Technology and Computing. The computer board is pretty low traffic. Maybe that'll liven it up a bit.

Posted by Poison

I agree, and lets have Trigger mod the board.

Posted by mis0

Lets not. Wings would be a far superior moderator.

Posted by Poison

Moderating the board would give Trigger something to do, thus, maybe shutting her up.

Btw, I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Poison: Moderating the board would give Trigger something to do, thus, maybe shutting her up.

Btw, I mean that in the nicest way possible.

You're just asking for it, man :(

If anyone, NegativeTrend should mod it, he seems to be there helping out in most of the threads. If the board really needs a mod at all, that is.

Posted by taygovp

I agree. Darn good idea. can we call it the "Closet Nerd" board since no one here ever owns up to being one?

Posted by Poison

Quoting taygovp: I agree. Darn good idea. can we call it the "Closet Nerd" board since no one here ever owns up to being one?

WTF? What the heck are you smoking/inhaling/drinking/injecting/cutting?

Posted by The Judge

I vote Negative Trend for the mod of the board.

Quoting The Judge: I vote Negative Trend for the mod of the board.

I second that notion!

Quoted post: I second that notion!

Seeing as how Hyper said it first, Judge would be "seconding" it, you would be "thirding" it, and I "fourth" it.

Quoting Vampiro: Seeing as how Hyper said it first, Judge would be "seconding" it, you would be "thirding" it, and I "fourth" it.

*correction* I third that notion! lol

Seeing as I've got quite a bit of free time on my hands now, and since T&C actually doesn't have a mod currently, I wouldn't mind having a stab at moderating again, especially on an apparently 'low-maintenence' board.

Posted by The Judge

Fine, I'll change my vote (:D at Jesse) to Wings.

Who ever will do the job properly get my vote : )

Posted by NegativeTrend

Gotta love how people never post in the Computer board and want to mod it. :o

Actually, after a browse through it, NegativeTrend looks like he knows a lot more about troubleshooting etc. than me. :)

EDIT: I condemn your ninja fast posting skills! And I was only offering because of the gadget/technology part, really... PLUS I WANT MOD POWER AGAIN

Posted by The Judge

I SWITCH MY VOTE BACK TO NEGATIVE TREND!

Actually, make my vote null unless I say otherwise.

Posted by Philsdad

I agree with modding NegativeTrend for the position. He is very knowledgable on computers, and I think he'd do a fine job with it.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Judge: I SWITCH MY VOTE BACK TO NEGATIVE TREND!

Actually, make my vote null unless I say otherwise.

Bah!!!

Posted by The Judge

I'm doing it specifically to mock you jesse. :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Philsdad: I agree with modding NegativeTrend for the position. He is very knowledgable on computers, and I think he'd do a fine job with it.

Agreed. I've been thinking that he'd make a wonderful Computer board mod for quite some time now. He has my vote if a poll is made on it.

Edit: Nevermind, made one.