NICE SHOT SMASHBOARDS.COM

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=961291#post961291

This is basically a post saying that Nintendo's September issue is going back to talk about smash bros melee, in an interview with Gideon I think, and M3D from smashboards. Talking about techniques like wavedashing and all the sorts, and the developers, an interview or whatever. First the news and now this. The smash scene is growing :mad:

nice **** on smashboards for being such a tournament holy place.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wow, go figure. I wouldn't have thought NP would bother going back to SSBM, or even bother interviewing anyone from forum about wavedashing. Pretty cool stuff.

Posted by Pit

I'll definately read this. Should be interesting. Also would be awesome seeing how more than likely they'll now implement this into gameplay.

Posted by Dark Link

NP did a 4 page talk on SSBM/SSBR
It talked about who's the most favored characters to get in SSBR (List them later). It also talked about what WaveDashing is and all these Smash speak words (I'll list them). Finally the issue has two Smash debates...one is "Time vs Stock" Matches, and the other is "C Stick Vs. Manual" Smash attacks.

Characters most wanted in SSBR:
Wario
Toad
Waluigi
The Hammer Bros.
Captain Olimar
Dark Samus
Diddy Kong
Grit (Advance Wars)
Fawful (Mario/Luigi Superstars)
Poo (Earthbound)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Bald Bull (Punch-Out!)
Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
Anyone from Paper Mario
Sonic

Smash Speak: (Directly from NP issue September 2005/V195

Billhole: Any safe corner of retreat that a cowardly player can use to hide and counterattack. The original Billhole is under the Tailfin in the rear of the Great Fox. Named after localization producer Bill Trinen.

Caping: The generally frowned-upon practice of using Mario's cape or Dr. Mario's sheet to turn someone around as he attempts to get back on the stage. Highly dishonorable

C-Stick Bandit: A player who secretly uses the C-Stick, despite the fact that it's generally considered junior-varsity

Death Plunge: Grabbing someone with Kirby and leaping to your own death with the player in tow

Dunking: Down-smashing someone to his death off the bottom of the stage.

Family-Friendly: A derisive term for Time matches, which some feel gives subpar players a better chance at success.

Fancy Falcon: Falcon in his pink outfit.

Fight Club: The underground are on the Hyrule Temple stag. Named so because battle there tend to produce disproportionately high damage totals. Those who flee Fight Club midmatch are shamed.

Grabby McGrabberton: Any player who grabs and throws players a lot.

Hug to Death: Captain Falcon's Up+B move--he grabs a player and explodes off of him.

Poach: To steal someone else's KO. Poachers make their living in Time matches.

Poop: Yoshi's egg-laying move.

Publisher's Clearinghouse: When one player KOs all three of the other players with a single attack.

Pwah/Poing/Pwang: Used as a verb for what Jigglypuff does to you when it passes out on you. Named after the noise it makes.

Scraah!: Link's spin attack. Popular among spammers.

Shine: A term that signifies Fox's Down+B move.

Spamming/Stale Moves: Using the same move over and over again.

Turtle!!!: A prayer sent up by those doomed to land in the waters of Great Bay, hoping that the turtle will rise to save them.

Wedding Marth: Marth in his white outfit.

wtf is this all about!? Using the cape is dishonorable!? Obviously you aren't supposed to save yourself from death with using the cape to suspend in air. Also...using the C-stick is Junior-Varsity!? what is Nintendo thinking :mad:

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Dark Link:
Family-Friendly: A derisive term for Time matches, which some feel gives subpar players a better chance at success.

I disagree with that.

I think that Stock matches can give they lower players a better chance becauce it favours people who don't take risks.
The better players might still win more often, but less risks and the willingness to take more risks means a less interesting and exciting battle.

[SIZE=1]And that is that...if there is anything else you want to ask old wonky....[/SIZE]

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I have a friend who is a complete Scraah spammer. However, I'm a Grabby McGrabberton, so who am I to judge?

Posted by dangergoblin

hmm... i use kirbys "Hug to Death" move alot. and yea, i do tend to poach on time attacks. oh well, all our secrits exploited.