Silent Hill the movie ;)

Posted by Crazy K

Finally there is going to be a silent hill movie around some time in 2006. I know for a fact in going to go see this one.

here are two links to more info on this upcoming movie in 2006.

movie info: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/633/633230p1.html

Movie cast and such: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's going to be nothing like the games, and will, indeed, suck.

Posted by Sneak

aah yea this will most likely suck.

Posted by Crazy K

It sounds like it will be like the Games. If It aint going to be like the game, then Im gonna be pist. But oh well, I still plan on seing it once it comes out on tape or DVD.

Also there are some good actors and actresses going into this movie. I just hope its a little bit good. Next thing that would be cool is a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Posted by maian

This goes with the list of "Game movies that have been announced but will never exist"

Halo Movie, Metroid Movie, now this. They've been announced, but when will there ever be any more information?

Anyhow, I've lost faith in game movies. They suck!

Posted by Sneak

yea wtf was up with the final fantasy movie and the resident evil movie. They both sucked.

Quoted post: They both sucked.

I disagree. Partially. Though Spirits may not have had much to do with the game, it still managed to be a very well done movie. Hell, the GCI was simply amazing.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Based on what i've read, it looks promising. It could be one of the best video game movies if it goes as planned. It's also refreshing to see the cast is made up of relatively unknowns rather than crappy overrated "famous people", which tells me they're not going for the "let's get a game liscence, change the story completely to make it cool and get the Rock to star in it, that way we make some money" approach.[/COLOR]

Posted by Sneak

Quoting Vampiro: I disagree. Partially. Though Spirits may not have had much to do with the game, it still managed to be a very well done movie. Hell, the GCI was simply amazing.

yea the GCI was cool but the story sucked.
then again its a matter of opinion.

Quoted post: then again its a matter of opinion.

One I disagree with.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Vampiro: I disagree. Partially. Though Spirits may not have had much to do with the game, it still managed to be a very well done movie. Hell, the GCI was simply amazing.

[COLOR=Yellow]The CGI was the only good thing about that movie. It wasn't just a bad video game movie, i wouldn't even consider it that because it had nothing to do with the games. It was just a bad movie overall.[/COLOR]

Posted by JackLantern

Interesting thread...i guess

Posted by Dexter

Sean Bean needs to be the leading man more often.

Posted by Bebop

Horror games are the easiest to turn into movies. From what I've heard Silent Hill is has a pretty deep story as opposed to Resi's "omg zombies lol". I'm sure it will be good.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=maian]
Halo Movie, Metroid Movie, now this. They've been announced, but when will there ever be any more information?

Anyhow, I've lost faith in game movies. They suck!

Yeah most video games turned into movies do entirely suck. But if its pushed by a good directer something good might just happen.

[Quote=Bebop]Horror games are the easiest to turn into movies. From what I've heard Silent Hill is has a pretty deep story as opposed to Resi's "omg zombies lol". I'm sure it will be good.

I agree. When I first played Silent Hill 2, I was so interested in the story instead of the gaem itself. Besides that, I was to scared to play the game alone. Now I can watch the movie instead of going through the game and trying to learn the story as I go on. I just hope they make it a bit scary as the game (but thats not to possible, because Scary games scare me more wile Scary Movies scare me less).

[Quote=maian]This goes with the list of "Game movies that have been announced but will never" exist

Its still in prodution as we speak. I think it will come out in theaters. Atleast I hope so.

But 2006 is a pretty long time, but time does fly by.

Posted by Fate

Silent Hill looks better as a movie. The games are great but fall apart during battles. But if the story is skewed, Hollywood can bite me.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Fate]Silent Hill looks better as a movie. The games are great but fall apart during battles. But if the story is skewed, Hollywood can bite me.

I would be pist. If they screw around with the storie im gonna cry. the Story to Silent hill is so good that it should stay that way for the movie.

But here is what IGN said on how the story goes (the movie is based off of Silent Hill 1):

[Quote=IGN]It involves a couple with a child who is dying of a terminal illness. The mother, named Rose, attempts to take the child to see a faith healer, but instead the two end up in an alternate reality

Posted by Sneak

Quoting Vampiro: One I disagree with.

Agree to disagree.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm not pleased unless I see that Akira Yamaoka is doing the soundtrack.

Making a movie out of this series seems entirely gratuitous. I just hope they can pull it off and/or not be a total disgrace.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Crazy K: I just hope they make it a bit scary as the game (but thats not to possible, because Scary games scare me more wile Scary Movies scare me less).

[COLOR=Yellow]You know what? You have a good point there. I kept telling my friend how i haven't seen a film that actually had me scared in like ages. I never bothered to realize that a lot of the survival-horror games that have come out (RE, SH, Siren) have scared the **** out of me constantly, to the point where i actually hesitate playing at night sometimes. It seems to me now that if i want a good scare i have to play a scary game because movies don't do it for me anymore.[/COLOR]

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Bebop: Horror games are the easiest to turn into movies.

The Doom movie better be stunning, in that case.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Shin-Ra]I'm not pleased unless I see that Akira Yamaoka is doing the soundtrack.

Actually yes he is doing the music for the film. :)

[Quote=Aioros]You know what? You have a good point there. I kept telling my friend how i haven't seen a film that actually had me scared in like ages. I never bothered to realize that a lot of the survival-horror games that have come out (RE, SH, Siren) have scared the **** out of me constantly, to the point where i actually hesitate playing at night sometimes. It seems to me now that if i want a good scare i have to play a scary game because movies don't do it for me anymore.

Yeah I know what ya mean. I mean last time that a movie scared me so much (to cover my eyes) was like when I was 5 years old. I love horror flicks now and I aint one bit scared of them. Sometimes parts make me jump, but thats what I want out of a horror flick.

And I think the reason that games feel more scarier, is probably because you feel that you are that person in the game. What I mean is that your controlling every move of that person, so you would probably freak out more. With movies though you just have to watch, and there is no controlling for you to do.