Fei-on, the next mod?

Posted by Raptor

Since Fei-on messaged me expressing interest in being a moderator, I figured I would be a sport and at least make a poll for him. *Shrug* He specifically mentioned wanting to mod the Animal Crossing, but any forum would do. I don't believe any new moderators are needed at this point, but we'll see what everyone else thinks.

Posted by sabre

Definitely not. Not only does Animal Crossing need no moderation, but Fei-On seems to want to mod simply for the sake of being mod, if he states that "any board will do."

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Sabredog: Definitely not. Not only does Animal Crossing need no moderation, but Fei-On seems to want to mod simply for the sake of being mod, if he states that "any board will do."

Agreed. That's one reason why I resigned from modding AC.

Posted by The Judge

I figure regardless, it wouldn't be much of a difference if he were to be the mod of Animal Crossing, so I really don't see any reason not to give it to him. Besides, if worse come to worse, he can always be demodded.

Posted by Ant

Delete that forum :)

Posted by The Judge

That's also an acceptable and agreeable suggestion.

Posted by Iris

He flirts with me a lot. :( I don't really think he's ready.

Posted by The Judge

He insults me a lot. :(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yes, he's definitely not ready.

Posted by Ant

Heh, I like that term..."Not Ready" I wouldn't say that. It's just not needed :cool:

Posted by The Judge

What exactly does "Not Ready" mean? Is he going to break down under the pressure of the awesome power granted to him by modding the Animal Crossing Boards? Or does it mean that he's not mentally prepared? You know, he might just delete the entire section, because he might snap as the monumentous energies of modship flow into him.

Seriously, whether he's needed or not, the term "not ready" is thrown about way too loosely.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting The Judge: What exactly does "Not Ready" mean? Is he going to break down under the pressure of the awesome power granted to him by modding the Animal Crossing Boards? Or does it mean that he's not mentally prepared? You know, he might just delete the entire section, because he might snap as the monumentous energies of modship flow into him.

Seriously, whether he's needed or not, the term "not ready" is thrown about way too loosely.

Or maybe "not ready" means us mods don't want him in our board voting on polls and stuff like that *oscar*

I don't think we need him, though. I've got nothing against Feion, but A/C doesn't need a mod, and neither does any other board.

Posted by The Judge

If people don't want him, they should say something along the lines of "I don't want him." Not only does "Not ready" not make sense, it's basically saying "I don't want him" but making it seem like you're more concerned about the state of the boards than him staying off the mod team. Don't sugar coat.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting The Judge: If people don't want him, they should say something along the lines of "I don't want him." Not only does "Not ready" not make sense, it's basically saying "I don't want him" but making it seem like you're more concerned about the state of the boards than him staying off the mod team. Don't sugar coat.

"Not ready" could also mean that the person doesn't have enough (real) experience or that they aren't mentally ready to be a mod if they only want the spot just to have the spot. Think of it. If someone wants the spot just to be a moderator, do you think they care enough about the board they want to mod? Sure, they may post in it a little, but if their main goal is to get power/listed as a mod, they need to get new intentions before we can vote them in.

Posted by The Judge

Ok, so praytell if this involves mental readiness and stability, how did Corrupt become a Super Mod?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting The Judge: Ok, so praytell if this involves mental readiness and stability, how did Corrupt become a Super Mod?

Because he had experience modding already, and because it was during the April Fools day stuff, and because he was voted to stay in afterwards?

Posted by The Judge

And then we found out our mistakes. So why not give him the same chance? Perhaps there will be no mistakes to find out this time?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting The Judge: And then we found out our mistakes. So why not give him the same chance? Perhaps there will be no mistakes to find out this time?

You really have got to be kidding me if you think Corrupt was entirely my fault. I presumed that both him AND Raptor would be demodded after April was over, because Jesse pretty much told me that my changed would most likely be reversed. There was a poll made, and I voted to keep them, but so did plenty of others. Ten other mods voted to keep them both in, as well as three others for just Corrupt.

And besides, I don't see how Corrupt ties into Feion being "not ready."

Posted by Jesse Smith

er he leaves every 90 days from being 'too addicted' to this place!!!!! heck, once he wanted me to IP BAN him!!!! He needs to check in to the mental health dept for rehab!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by The Judge

I have two things to say and they are all I will say on this matter:

1. I wasn't talking about you in terms of corrupt whatsoever. I was talking about the general populace of this site.

2. There's no point in arguing any more cause I'm highly outvoted, so I'm just going to switch my vote. I no longer think he's ready.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'll be honest, I don't like the guy. His constant pity-seeking complaining and his genuinely creepy aura (etc) don't exactly come off as appealing. My vote's biased, I admit. From a neutral standpoint, I think the guy would make a terrible moderator. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but he reminds me of the kind of guy that'd break down, delete everything or just act really cocky or arrogant once he's in the position. I remember when he was pretty aggressive about becoming a RPG mod and he was very quick to criticize Xenos, which irritated me greatly as I feel she does a wonderful job in that board (or used to, I haven't looked at it recently). But yeah, this is more of a 'gut feeling' vote rather than something based on actual posts.

Shin-Ra

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Judge: I'm highly out voted, so I'm just going to switch my vote.

LOL!!! Your honor, every one over here in Afganastan wanted us to crash in to the World Trade Center. Will you please simple change your vote and set us free??!!! :D:D:D

Posted by The Judge

Quiet you.

Posted by Klarth

Note that I actually meant to click the second option.

I'm not going to suggest a different board for him to lead, as he is in my opinion by no means ready for a mod job, but I definitely think he could be a candidate for one another day. And nobody shoulc mod animal crossing, because, hey, that board's getting minimal/no activity. That game's had its hayday and nobody can be bothered with it anymore.

Odd. I was pondering this not half an hour ago.

Posted by Jesse Smith

You all see what he said about you mods over on da BHSC board??!!! er why was this poll made again??!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Raptor

I just pm'd Fei-on and told him that he was losing the poll badly, since he had previously inquired, and he went, like, totally emo on me. That's actually a big reason I don't think he should be a moderator. He never gets what he wants and nothing ever goes right for him........!!! :bowser:

Posted by The Judge

Fei-on:
What's the deal with mods here? The entire modbase is a group of 1337 types that won't allow anyone else, regardless of qualifications or need. I mean, I've been here at VGC for a freaking while now, and it's never been offered to me, and I've even asked once, and so far, been shot down.

Is it because they don't want their little circle busted up by adding new people? Or what? What do you think?

Me: A lot of people said you weren't ready. They said that there was no need for a mod in that board, and because you said "or any boards" it made you sound like you just wanted to be a mod for the sake of being a mod. Also, they said that you generally act whiny or creepy, and that you don't give off the vibe that you'll do a good job.

Fei-on: NO, I WANT TO BE A MOD BECAUSE I'M F*CKING SICK OF BEING F*CKING LEFT OUT OF EVERYTHING.

My whole g*dd*mn life I've been ommited from everything. It didn't matter how patient I was, or how much I had proven myself.

The "cool" people always left me out. I'm sick of being the one guy who was always there, but no one ever really noticed/cared about him.

G*d, for once in my life I just want to "be cool". I just want people to acknowledge that I'm an interesting person who is worth getting to know. And so far in my life, I just keep getting shot down, over and over again.

Posted by Raptor

Wow, that looks awfully similar to the pain and angst-ridden rap he sent to me, only I got the slightly less effusive remix. I give yours 6/10.

Posted by The Judge

Post yours :D

Posted by Raptor

[quote=Raptor]

Quoting Fei-on: Honestly, what is the freaking deal? I mean, the whole community of mods just hates to let someone else in, even if they ought to, or if they deserve it. It just doesn't matter. The current mods are mods and they don't want to accept anyone else. Very few of them actually care about moderating VGC effectively.

I'm so freaking p*ssed off right now. Seriously. This is so f*cking lame. It seems that in all aspects of my life, I'm constantly overlooked. It doesn't matter how long I stay at the bottom, it seems that the rest of the world would like me to just stay there.

Whatever, I guess.

Actually, that's far from the truth. At the moment, no new moderators are needed for any of the boards, and we don't see the justification in adding a new member to the staff. It doesn't help that he apparently wants to be added to the crew predominantly for social acceptance amongst his peers. At this point, I wouldn't even consider voting my best friend into a mod position on the AC forum, as I feel it isn't needed. I would hope that your average moderator doesn't nominate potential moderators to make them happy, but rather because they feel there is actually a good niche for them amongst the staff. At this point in time, I doubt there would be much for you to do that someone else isn't already covering.

So don't take it personally. *oscar*

Posted by The Judge

I gave him advice instead:

Quoting Me: I say give it a bit more time. Peope seem to think you're whiny. Perhaps take the next few defeats with honor, and people will see that you're mentally capable of the job. The more refined, collected, and level-headed you seem, the better.

Posted by Iris

slit slit Only Linkin Park understands my pain.

Posted by sabre

[quote=Feion (in Judge's PM)]G*d, for once in my life I just want to "be cool". I just want people to acknowledge that I'm an interesting person who is worth getting to know. And so far in my life, I just keep getting shot down, over and over again.That's exactly why he didn't get it - at least, why I personally didn't vote for him. He wants it because he "just wants to be cool." That coupled with the fact we don't really need any more mods anyway (least of all for the AC board), and... well.

Posted by Altinure

lol he's such a freak.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Judge: Fei-on:

NO, I WANT TO BE A MOD BECAUSE I'M F***ING SICK OF BEING F***ING LEFT OUT OF EVERYTHING.

My whole g****mn life I've been ommited from everything.

For once in my life I just want to "be cool".

It seems that in all aspects of my life, I'm constantly overlooked.

*Power hungry alert.* Another AA.

*Is tempted to make a fake Fei-on poll on the Community board just to see how all the non-mods will vote.*

Disclaimer: Any poll I make over there is fake, even if it's a n00bie poll, unless of course is Bjarni!!!! :D:D

Posted by Ex-Linkman

lol never. :cool:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: lol never. :cool:

er what part??!! :D:D:D

Posted by The Judge

Poll closed.

Posted by Jesse Smith

But your Honor, we need to let others change there vote!!!! :D:D:D:D :judge:

Posted by The Judge

You're hilarious. Do what you want with my vote.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Jesse Smith: er what part??!! :D:D:D

On Fei-on becoming a mod.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Let's see how they all do with this poll, since were all 1337. :D Something tells me there not even going to do there homework, ie look at the Animal Crossing board and see if he should mod it, or even think of his mental state! First vote is a yes vote. This might be a great way to show them all WHY they don't vote for mods or other types of polls, ie new boards, ban XXX member....!!!

Posted by MetalVox~55

Voted no, cuz I don't like the fact that he'd be a not-good mod.

But then again, here I am.