Your files been "Truncated"

Posted by Sk2k52

After saving up some important work just recently, I went to get a drink and when I returned, my computer had frozen with the progam still on. Since I saved I believed I was ok so I just restarted my computer and while checking for errors, windows mentioned my file and that it was "Truncated" and now I can not find it. Does anyone know how I could recover my file? It was very important and I spent over a week working on it. Please respond ASAP.

Posted by TopgunFFX

lol it might help to know what kind of file?? and are you sure that the same exact file you are talking about was truncated?? lol and y would it decide to truncate that file, also usually when a file is truncated it is said to set the length of the file, atleast thats what i got when i searched google but i only found it for linux systems.....sorry nothing i can do without knowing the file....

Posted by NegativeTrend

Never heard of the term myself but there are a few undeleters that might help. Here's the first result for an undeleter on google. http://www.r-undelete.com/

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Truncated means basically 'cut short'. It may have been the filename that has been truncated, although I can't see why that would be unless you were running a copy of Windows 3.11 or something. Try searching for the first six letters of the filename with a catchall string at the end of it, for example 'filena?'.