Goosebumps

Posted by Killer Jordo

Do you like goosbumps books. Frankly I do they are a nice short mook to read if I'm on a short trip or if I am bored.

Posted by MGamer

I like them I have a lot of them.

Posted by veritas

i like them too. They are nice and short. It keeps you reading. I have like number 1 through 41. I read most of them. My favorite one would be....probably the monster bloods.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I used to. Then I moved onto bigger and better books.

Posted by Acheron

I was reading the Choose Your Own Adventure ones at way too old of an age.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I never got into the Goosebump series. But years and years ago, I read a lot of books by R.L. Stine.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I read like the first 1 through 63

when i was like 12 or something

Then I gave all the books to the school, didn't want them really, too much space being taken up, plus someone else could get a read out of them :D

Posted by Last Fog

I remember goosebumps... 5 or 6 years back in 6th grade. They were one of the biggest fads I've had to endure. I never read one, simply because everyone else did. I bet they're some good simple stories though for elementary kids.

Posted by Crazy K

I used to read them. But as I have grown up I dont read that much anymore. I cant seem to stick with a book for a wile. I guess its the fact that I post so many messages on forums, and read the fellow members posts that I get tired of books and want to read more of everyone's posts here.

I remember last year we had to do some book reports, and I would seriously wate till the last minute to finish my book report. I never did that in 6th grade and or in elementary school, I used to love sitting down by a lamp and reading a good ol book like goosbumps or something. I did like Michigan chillers books during the end of 6th grade.

But I dont read books that much anymore unless its a book about one of my favorite pro wrestlers, and or video games.

Posted by Richaod

Hehehe, I got over them when I was about 10. I don't remember exactly what I moved on to, but now I'm reading through the various Dune books in a cyclic manner that seems to repeat itself every six months or so, in between other random books, that is.

The Goosebumps books were rather like Soilwork songs; sort of repetitive, but they were good and plentiful.

Posted by Master Chief 12

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]I never really got into Goosebumps books. I always thought that they were lame. They got kind of old after, I don't know, the third book I read. They're not very scary either. I used to bring Goosebumps on road trips because they are easy to pick up and sometimes can be mildly interesting.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I used to read these all the time when I was younger. In face, I read one the other week![/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

I've only read one of the books. It was the one with the shark on the cover. I really didn't care about it but I suppose I didn't care much for such books back in those days. I was attracted to the shark, I infer.

Posted by inequity

The only one I remember reading was...say cheese and die. Wasn't there a TV show?

Posted by BEZ1

I read em. Has anyone ever read that adult novel R.L. Stein wrote? I forgot the name of it, it was pretty good.

Posted by Klarth

Stopped reading them when I was five (not an exaggeration, thanks). Last one I read involved a girl turning into a chicken.

Of course, these days I'd pick that particular book up and then wipe it down with a wad of tissues afterwards.

Posted by Black_Wolf

Quoting Acheron: I was reading the Choose Your Own Adventure ones at way too old of an age.

[COLOR="Black"]Dude, they had Goosebumps versions of choose your own adventure. They were pretty good, b/c they had gory deaths. I loved the Goosebumps series. MY favorite was also the Monster Bloods. I really like the Horroland one too. They were all really sweet. Loved the covers.[/COLOR]

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Black_Wolf: [COLOR="Black"]Dude, they had Goosebumps versions of choose your own adventure. They were pretty good, b/c they had gory deaths.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Those were the best! I would always cheat and peek at all the possible choices to see which was the right one.

I read a ton of Goosebumps when i was a kid, but sadly i can't remember the titles of any of them :<. I have a faint memory that one of my favorites was about a Pet Cementary.[/COLOR]

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Best. fucking. book.

When the snows blow wild,

And the day grows old,

Beware the snowman, beware the

snowman,

For he brings the cold.

When the snow melts and the warm

sun is with thee,

Beware the snowman--For

the snowman shall be free!

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Velvet Nightmare:

Best. fucking. book.

When the snows blow wild,

And the day grows old,

Beware the snowman, beware the

snowman,

For he brings the cold.

When the snow melts and the warm

sun is with thee,

Beware the snowman--For

the snowman shall be free!

[COLOR="Yellow"]<8

I had that one! Thanks for the memory.

I swear, tomorrow after work i'm digging around the garage to find it.[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

I'm ashamed of you guys. :(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Does it give you goosebumps?

Posted by MetalVox~55

i remember being really freaked out by the one where the girl turned out to be a ghost in the end cuz her family died in a house fire(?)

Posted by Klarth

Didn't most of them wind up like that 100 pages in?

Oh, wait, 70 pages in, what with the books not even being 100 pages long zing.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

5th grade I did

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I used to get eight out of the library at a time - the maximum they'd let me borrow - and read them all in a few hours. They were more like short stories than actual books.

Reader beware, you're in for a scare.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Acheron]I was reading the Choose Your Own Adventure ones at way too old of an age.

Ha ha ha... those books still are amusing. Seeing which ways you can get brutally massacred is always fun.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Wings: Reader beware, you're in for a scare.

Holy s**t.

Posted by fig roll

the books are good, when i was younger i read them all the time. if you like RL Stine's books i suggest you read a book he wrote that is not a Goosebumps book, its called, The cheater, i really enjoyed it, it is not like Goosebumps because it doesnt have any evil forces or monsters or whatver, but even still its really good, give it a read.