any good dreamcast games?

Posted by psp

Hi, i just bought a dreamcast for 20 bux or so. It came with a game called world series baseball 2k1 and it sux. i dont know a lot about dreamcast games, so im asking ppl who know a lot about them this question. Are there any good dreamcast games? Tell me the name of the game, how rare it is, and wat platform it is(rpg, fighting, etc.).

Posted by Arczu

Sonic Adventure / 2

The dreamcast version of SA1 is original, and lets you get on with some cool tricks compared to DX. SA2 is basically the same, except that most of the stuff availiable on 2:Battle need to be downloaded (should that even be possible), and there were only 3 stages per gametype in 2-player mode. If you don't already own these games, it may be worth your while to get them this way if you want.

Crazy Taxi is fun. If you can find it, pick it up for the DC (Unless... you already have it of course).

Jet Grind Radio: One of the gems of this the system. Skate arounds the streets spraying grfitti on the walls, floors, buses... even some people! It's great fun.

These are just a few.

Posted by JackLantern

Crazy Taxi

Jet grind radio

Shenmue

and some others

Posted by TheskyIsUp

I agree with all of the above

Posted by Lethal Shadow

-Resident Evil Code Veronica
-Powerstone 2
-Dead or Alive 2
-Blue Stinger
-Gauntlet Legends

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Jet Grind Radio
Crazy Taxi
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Powerstone 2

Oh...and congratulations on getting a Dreamcast. Have fun with it!

Posted by Random

haha theres plenty..

Grand Theft Auto 2
Resident Evil Series
Unreal Tournament
Soul Caliber
Gundam Battle Online
DOA 2
Phantasy Star Online
Grandia II (Personal Favorite DC Game)
Crazy Taxi I+II
Hydro Thunder

and many more...

There were games to come out like GTA III and Metal Gear Solid 2 to be out for the DC but those were quickly cancelled for the console due to it's failure in North America and Europe.. However Japan it was a hott seller.. Sold better than the Gamecube i'm told.. Infact I think they still make games for the DC in Japan or if they don't now, then they recently stopped.

Quoting SomebodyRandom:

There were games to come out like GTA III and Metal Gear Solid 2 to be out for the DC but those were quickly cancelled for the console due to it's failure in North America and Europe.. However Japan it was a hott seller.. Sold better than the Gamecube i'm told.. Infact I think they still make games for the DC in Japan or if they don't now, then they recently stopped.

Yeah, there are some companies that still do develop games for the Dreamcast.

Posted by Random

It's amazing really. The Dreamcast was supposed to be awesome and it was.. Everyone just turned the other cheek. I mean it obviously was great and had it's fun times. It was also the first Gaming Console to go Online. Not to mention that it had games like GTA III and MGS 2 that were supposed to come out. The Dreamcast could have easily kept up in the Races today with the current consoles. Too bad it failed to do so. I'll Miss Sega in the Console Race :'(

Quoting SomebodyRandom: It's amazing really. The Dreamcast was supposed to be awesome and it was.. Everyone just turned the other cheek. I mean it obviously was great and had it's fun times. It was also the first Gaming Console to go Online. Not to mention that it had games like GTA III and MGS 2 that were supposed to come out. The Dreamcast could have easily kept up in the Races today with the current consoles. Too bad it failed to do so. I'll Miss Sega in the Console Race :'(

Me too, I miss Sega in the console race. I bet in the near future the possibly might join back up in the console race and blow everybody away...atleast I hope.

Posted by Random

Yeah well hopefully Sega will earn cash by making games for the consoles, and come back years down the road and blow everyone away haha.

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Yeah well hopefully Sega will earn cash by making games for the consoles, and come back years down the road and blow everyone away haha.

I hope so : )

Posted by Apathetic

Marvel VS Capcom
Marvel VS Capcom2
Capcom VS SNK