Killer 7

Posted by Bebop

Anyone got this yet? I hear the gameplay is rather basic at best but it makes up for it in art direction and story telling.
I'm really considering buying this. I prefer unconventional and this might just do the trick, but I'm still worried it might be crappy.

Your thoughts!

Posted by boomstick

Yeah, it's very basic gameplay and the almost makes up for it, I just had a desire to explore all the greatly done rooms and worlds, but overall still a good game, **** strange though, very surreal, I think, worth a rental.

I'm playing the PS2 version, but I doubt they're in major differences beside looks and loading screens

Posted by loathing

The PS2 version has crippling slowdown at some points, lower quality FMV, very limited reload animations, crappy textures, and ridiculous loading times. Have fun!

I picked this up the other day and I've been playing it pretty much nonstop. Work, Sleep, Killer7 has been my routine.

The gameplay is outstanding in it's simplicity. I just started Disc 2 and I haven't once thought "Man, this is getting dull." The whole 'IT'S TOO SIMPLE' argument is pretty invalid anyway. Japanese RPGs sell like hotcakes in this country, and most JRPG developers have been recycling the same MASH CIRCLE BUTTON ON ATTACK gameplay mechanic while wrapping uninteresting stories around it. Killer7 does the same thing with the action game, but wraps a pretty great story around it. It does the job and it isn't broken, and a lot of the time, it's pretty thrilling. No complaints at all.

People complain about not being able to move around freely, which is something I don't get. You have to understand, the game would not work at all with free movement. If you pay attention to the plot, they give you very little indication of where to go. Having to explain your reasons for going here or there would take a lot away from the general mystique of the game. Not to mention the stunning camera angles would be made impossible to pull off.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Interesting - is it as on-rails as, for example, something like Time Crisis? Or is it slightly more free? I've been waiting for this game for what seems like forever, but was put off when it was revealed you can't actually move about. :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Interesting - is it as on-rails as, for example, something like Time Crisis? Or is it slightly more free? I've been waiting for this game for what seems like forever, but was put off when it was revealed you can't actually move about.

Rails with branches.

Posted by Bebop

It's not like Time Crisis. Time Crisis the character moves for you to new areas. In Killer 7 you hold down a button to progress through a pre-determined route where you can stop to shoot at your own free will.

Posted by Drewboy64

I was interested in this game for a bit, but, well, I'm to busy with my DS and Halo 2.

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

I've played it, and I think it's EXCELLENT. Some of the puzzles were a bit convoluted, but that's nothing GameFAQs can't solve. This game reminded so much of a David Lynch or Quentin Tarintino film, especially a movie like Kill Bill. Mainly because the characters seem fictional and overexaggerated, yet highly believable at the same time. Excellent game, highly recommended for anyone who wants some substance in their games. Zatch Bell fans probably won't like it much, though.

Posted by Last Fog

I made a Killer 7 thread and it only got 4 replies you jerks :mad:

I was really anticipating this game a long long time ago, up until I found out you don't have free control over the characters. I doubt I'll like it for that.

Posted by andv

There is a cool Killer 7 event for those who live in NY this weekend. If you want to check it out before buying it:

http://game.newyork-tokyo.com/