Growlanser Generations

Posted by Boner

This looked too sweet. I couldn't resist...

[IMG]http://www.workingdesigns.com/games/playstation2/growlanser_generations/images/deluxe_01.jpg[/IMG]

The Deluxe Pack includes the following:

Game-Themed Deluxe Watch and Case
Game-Based Ring, Chain, and Storage Pouch
Deck of Playing Cards with Customized Artwork and Case
Full Soundtrack with 20+ Specially Arranged Themes

I know A[COLOR=Red]t[/COLOR]lus has made some good RPGs. I was wondering if anyone here has played this one. I ordered it online last night after reading some reviews on it. But, it's always good to hear the opinions of fellow gamers.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Since this is an RPG, I think you'll get better answers over here. Myself, I haven't played this yet, nor have I seen it in stores. If it's by Atlus, it's always worth looking into, or so I think. Tell me how you like it once you've received it.

Posted by Boner

Yeah, perhaps I should have started it here. Thanks for moving it :). As soon as I get some time in on this game, I'll let people know what I think. It may be a while before I break the seal on it though. So, I still hope to hear from others. Currently I am in the middle of Persona: Revelations. After that I will play Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. Both by Atlus, and both great games. I have a looong summer ahead of me...

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Heheh, I remember you making a post about those other games, awhile back. Are they good enough for me to go around searching for them? Because I hadn't ever heard of them until you mentioned them.

Posted by Shin-Ra

It's not bad. There was a period of about two weeks where I played one of the games (whichever one had the girl with the red armor on the cover) and stopped because I lost interest. The battles don't have all too much strategy to them (for a game that looks like an RTS), but the story was pretty good and progressed pretty nicely. My main complaints are regarding the characters. The voice overs are pretty bad and there's a "funny" character that just comes off as annoying. However, I need to play it more to get a better idea of the game. Right now I give it a slight recommendation (not a must).

Like you said though, this is made by Atlus. I think they make pretty damn good games with above average plotlines, so I'm sure the games will be just fine.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Angelwing: Heheh, I remember you making a post about those other games, awhile back. Are they good enough for me to go around searching for them? Because I hadn't ever heard of them until you mentioned them.

Yeah, I think they are great. They have a good replay value to them too, because there are multiple endings depending on decisions you make in the game. Ya know what? Rather than waste my time typing out an explaination of the game, here are some links with a bit of info...

[URL=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/megten/persona/reviews/personastrev1.html]Persona: Revelations[/URL]

and

[URL=http://www.allrpg.com/games/persona2/index.php3?page=review&num=1]Persona 2: Eternal Punishment[/URL]

If you decide you want to buy one or both of these games, I'd check ebay for it. That's where I got mine, and that is where I was able to obtain them for the cheapest amount. Amazon is a total rip-off. For the first Persona game, you can expect to pay about $30 for a used copy. For persona 2, you're looking at about $50 or more for a used copy. To me, the price has been worth it. Remember that these were released for the PSX, so the graphics aren't the greatest. But, they are tollerable. The gameplay itself is awesome though.