Registration change.

Posted by Jesse Smith

This is a very sad day in VGChat history. We n00bies have lost again... :( Three registration settings have been changed. Now it'll be harder for them to register over and over and over...

Allow Multiple Registrations Per User: No
Verify Email address in Registration: Yes
Require Unique Email Addresses: Yes

Those three options were just changed. Now log out and see how hard it is to register again... :(

Posted by The Joker

Ah yes... mr Jesse smith. If you look so downhearted, why don't you do something about it then, seems you are the administrator. you should take action! Oh well, don't be down hearted, for the Joker is here to make everyone laugh!

Posted by NegativeTrend

If you have physical access or shell access to the server just whois the douches IP who keeps registering. In the shell:
whois -h whois.arin.net W.X.Y.Z
access-list deny tcp 80

Should prevent him from getting back.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Joker: Ah yes... mr Jesse smith. If you look so downhearted, why don't you do something about it then, seems you are the administrator.

But you are da SUPER Administrator. YOU have more power than me. :(:(

Last thing I want is it being harder for n00bies to register after being banned. :(:(

Posted by The Joker

Quoting Jesse Smith: But you are da SUPER Administrator. YOU have more power than me. :(:(

Last thing I want is it being harder for n00bies to register after being banned. :(:(

Well as SUPER Administrator, my first act is to reverse these changes. HA HA HA. Seriously though, I have an idea I think you will quite like, I will PM it to you Mr. Jesse Smith.

Posted by Iris

Oh Jesse. I've never loved you more. You sexy, hairy beast. :O

Posted by Crackpot

Blarg!!!! It made me actually check my E-Mail and go to the URL BEFORE I could do anything. Half the n00bies don't even know how to check E-Mail. :(:(

And of course if I try to register again with this super secret E-Mail address, it won't let me. If I try to use a fake E-Mail address, I won't get that E-Mail and I'm screwed unless I E-Mail da Crackpot admin and convince him to activate my account!!!!! :(:(:(

pze no ban da Crackpot!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Bulldog

I understnad. I think that I am not welcome here nymore.

Posted by Iris

You can stay. You just aren't supposed to make any more accounts. Makes sense, right?

Posted by Bulldog

can I be a temperary mod. I feel it is my duty to clean up all the spam I left.

Posted by Jesse Smith

But I like it when I see days where I have 101 new n00bie members. :D:D:D

So I try to register Wacko King with a fake E-Mail address and.... GRRRRR!!! I can't check the E-Mail address to activate it!!!!! I try to register a name with the same E-Mail address as Crackpot and....Grrrrr, it won't let me!!!! :(:(:(

You mods should love banning people and deleting there posts. That's entertainment to you all!!! It's called using your POWER!!!! And you all love power!!!! :D:D:D

The only thing I didn't do was reguire an image to show up with random letters/numbers where you have to enter the numbers/letters in a form. That's mainly to make sure robots don't register.

Quoting Iris: Oh Jesse. I've never loved you more. You sexy, hairy beast. :kiss:

Blarg!! With in a few day's you'll be hating me again just like every one else does!! I'm too much of a pain!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by The Joker

Quoting Jesse Smith: But I like it when I see days where I have 101 new n00bie members. :D:D:D

So I try to register Wacko King with a fake E-Mail address and.... GRRRRR!!! I can't check the E-Mail address to activate it!!!!! I try to register a name with the same E-Mail address as Crackpot and....Grrrrr, it won't let me!!!! :(:(:(

You mods should love banning people and deleting there posts. That's entertainment to you all!!! It's called using your POWER!!!! And you all love power!!!! :D:D:D

The only thing I didn't do was reguire an image to show up with random letters/numbers where you have to enter the numbers/letters in a form. That's mainly to make sure robots don't register.

Blarg!! With in a few day's you'll be hating me again just like every one else does!! I'm too much of a pain!!!! :D:D:D

The plan I PMed you should allow you to have all the n00bies you want.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Joker: The plan I PMed you should allow you to have all the n00bies you want.

Trust me, the mods would vote no. Yes, I know, democracy stinks!!!! It's called a wacko board, and every intelligent member here hated it, and of course over half the mods are intelligent, there for they'll vote no. Only about 40% of da mods are n00bies. :(

Quoting The Joker: Just a suggestion, but maybe you could make a special n00bie board just for n00bies for when they get banned?

Second idea is that you could do is make a special n00bie board where people can post without registering, but then they could only post in that board. Those two ideas will keep n00bies here and bring loads more in. This will get around your little registration change problem.

Yes, it's a GREAT idea, if I could have my way. Grrrr, why did we create that Constitution and Decleration of Independence from n00bies. Democracy stinks!!!!!

Posted by Hyper

Quoting NegativeTrend: If you have physical access or shell access to the server just whois the douches IP who keeps registering. In the shell:
whois -h whois.arin.net W.X.Y.Z
access-list deny tcp 80

Should prevent him from getting back.

I whois'd the guy already and sent an email to his ISP.

Posted by The Joker

Quoting Jesse Smith: Trust me, the mods would vote no. Yes, I know, democracy stinks!!!! It's called a wacko board, and every intelligent member here hated it, and of course over half the mods are intelligent, there for they'll vote no. Only about 40% of da mods are n00bies. :(

Yes, it's a GREAT idea, if I could have my way. Grrrr, why did we create that Constitution and Decleration of Independence from n00bies. Democracy stinks!!!!!

Well, maybe there should be democracy, a constitution, and a Declaration of Independance FOR n00bies.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Good luck geting that to pass!!!! You'll need it. The Senate needs 66% vote, and the House of Representative needs 50% vote for it to pass!!!! The vice-President, Bjarni, left, so there's no one here to break a tie vote. :D:D

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Bulldog: I understnad. I think that I am not welcome here nymore.

*Ed McMahon impression* You are CORRECT, sir!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Arg!!!! In just the last five days, 68 members have registered.....THAT CAN'T POST!!!! :(:(:(:(

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 68

I vote that we go back to not requiring da E-mail!!!! Becides, two days ago u all complained that the boards were dead! This'll generate some action!!! :D:D:D

Judging by there usernames, they are REALLY intelligent.

Wacko King :D
Sweet Angel
starwarsfreak20
SportzKing
some one u hate
poop man
MyInternalCrow
hazy
fatgamer
boy meets world
boss
bingo
goku954

Posted by The Judge

Kill them please. :(

Posted by Poison

Quoting The Joker: Well, maybe there should be democracy, a constitution, and a Declaration of Independance FOR n00bies.

Noobs leading noobs = blind leading blind.

Posted by The Judge

And that's why mods are large potholes for them to stumble into.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Grrr!!! But n00bies are COOL!!!!! :(

Posted by Arczu

There are only about 4 "n00bs" here who are somewhat 'coool'. The rest probably don't make decent contributions, don't post very well or general want to be banned.

I say bring in the "newbies". Those guys are okay. They rise out of the sea of n00banism.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Arczu]

er who are they??!!! :D:D:D:D:D er iz that a typo? You really ment that there are 4,000!!!!