Most you have ever spent on a single NES purchase?

Posted by Landon

I have a couple $100+ deals for large lots and what not- also got a complete Aladdin Deck Enhancer with all the games, NIB for about $95 total, recently.
Mainly, it's $30-$50 here and there for lots on ebay, with the occasional $10-$20 for one rare cart or a couple rare carts.

Well, there is a guy here in my state who has a VERY impressive and comprehensive collection of mint, complete boxed carts with lots of the rare ones and all of the most desirable ones... Bubble Bobbles, all the Megamans, Marios, Zeldas, Castlevanias and Dragon Warriors Mint In Box with all instuctions...
It's ebay value is way up there.
He wants $1000 for the whole lot- which is well, well worth it considering it could be ebayed for more than that, but for some reason, I am having a hard time justifying spending $1K on NES games.

Someone tell me that spending this kind of $$$ on NES stuff is insane.
Because for some reason, I am more tempted to buy them than my sanity mechanism is telling me I should be.

Posted by Bubblez

All the used games I bought were rather cheap, the most expensive one was not more than 20$ (including postage). The most expensive games were the ones I got new back in the old Nes-days. The orignal price was about 100 Fr. or something like that (85$ I guess).

Posted by Dexter

I believe my most expensive purchase would be the Little Nemo game from Capcom I got when it first came out. I think I paid a little over 50 dollars for it. It was about three years of saving pennies, believe it or not. I didn't have much money back then and when I did I rarely got something for myself, especially playful possessions. I barely played games in those days, too. It wasn't until a few years after that I went crazy buying games, but by then they were much cheaper and I got them used. Little Nemo was a great pick, though. I remember I had a difficult time choosing which game to put all my pennies into. I remember I finally beat the game one early morning before I had to venture off to Sunday church service.

Posted by bazariah

i've paid over the odd's for tons of titles

back in 1992 i paid

Posted by Roth

Well, up until about two or three weeks ago, it was a purchase of Dragon Warrior III (complete) $20 USD!!! Nice score!

The new one that took the cake from that came from the same place near me... Dragon Warrior II (loose) $25 USD... ??? Funny, huh?

Posted by Ch

Most I've payed for a game was about 15 bucks for a Zelda game my friend wanted a few months ago. I did the nice thing and bought it for him :)

Posted by Crazy K

Well The highest I paid for a NES game was like $5.00 and thats basically it.