Regarding the recent outburst

Posted by sabre

Let's face it, it was just excessively time consuming attempting to ban him and delete his posts, and he was not showing any signs of attempting to stop.

THEREFORE.

To prevent another situation like this:
- Activate email confirmation.
- Make it impossible for two users to register with the same email.

It seems senseless to go around fighting such an inconsequential battle when Jesse can just do all this with a lot less effort as soon as he gets on.

Hyper has also offered to make a couple hacks that'd give super moderators more power in these situations, namely allowing them to IP ban or mass ban all members under the same IP address.

Posted by Hyper

Yeah, I can make those hacks, if Jesse will be willing to actually install them.

Posted by sabre

Email confirmation and only unique email are already built in, and after this event, if Jesse does the email thing like anyone with an IQ of 300 would - even if they had half their brain tied behind their back, just to make it fair - we shouldn't have any future problems.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Yeah, most sites that you have to register to use have Email confirmation and unique Email. People wont hate you for enabling them. In fact, I think most will thank you. I know I will.

Posted by sabre

Note that I'm all for second chances, and as this guy's asking for one and genuinely wants to be good this time, we should let him have one. Definitely, though, the unique email stuff, to prevent anything similar from happening again.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Sabredog: Note that I'm all for second chances, and as this guy's asking for one and genuinely wants to be good this time, we should let him have one.

Words cannot express how much I disagree. He has already had about a couple hundred second chances, and considering all the damage he has done already, he doesn't deserve another one. I would never forgive nor forget what he had done; not because I love to hold grudges, but because certain first impressions have a tendency to last forever.

I spent about an hour straight last night banning about thirty of this joker's accounts. I probably won't be bothered to do this sort of frustrating raw manual labor again, considering the administrator could easily prevent this from happening simply by adjusting a setting.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Raptor: Words cannot express how much I disagree. He has already had about a couple hundred second chances, and considering all the damage he has done already, he doesn't deserve another one. I would never forgive nor forget what he had done; not because I love to hold grudges, but because certain first impressions have a tendency to last forever.

I spent about an hour straight last night banning about thirty of this joker's accounts. I probably won't be bothered to do this sort of frustrating raw manual labor again, considering the administrator could easily prevent this from happening simply by adjusting a setting.

I couldn't agree more. He needs to get banned. This wouldn't be his second chance, it'd be his second hundredth.

Posted by Iris

If we get the hacks installed, I don't see why he can't get another chance to be a contributing member. After all, he won't be pulling this off again.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Iris: If we get the hacks installed, I don't see why he can't get another chance to be a contributing member. After all, he won't be pulling this off again.

I'll have to make the hacks and then get Jesse to install them, and who knows how long that could take. He could easily pull it off again in that time.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh, you mean these..... Why didn't any one ever tell me??!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Allow Multiple Registrations Per User: No
Verify Email address in Registration: Yes
Require Unique Email Addresses: Yes

(All three were just changed to those.) Grrr, why can't these wars occure while I'm on. :(

Now to test it.....

Posted by Iris

That sure took long!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Only four years, because I like to encourage n00bies to stay!!! :D:D:D:D

Admit it, they provide entertainment, even when them spam-bomb da place!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Jesse Smith: Only four years, because I like to encourage n00bies to stay!!! :D:D:D:D

Admit it, they provide entertainment, even when them spam-bomb da place!!! :D:D:D

They provide frustration. If you can call headaches entertaining, then sure, whatever you say :rolleyes:

Posted by Alastor

I'm with Raptor. Having to see it was bad enough. I couldn't imagine having to actually clean it all.

Ban him. He had his chances.

Posted by Echo

Raptor's right. It's not like he made a single one of these posts, was banned, and came back asking for another chance. I'm up for second chances, but there's a certain level where you don't deserve them. Don't let them come back.

Posted by Jesse Smith

pze be nice to da n00bies. :(:(:(