Weird question...

Posted by Gamer007

Is Robotnik a Russian name (the reason why I ask this is because whenever I think about the name, i'm also thinking about [COLOR=DarkOrange]russian scientists[/COLOR], vodka and Russia itself)?

Posted by Kit

Robotnik was just a made up name, Kintobor backwards, according to the story, Sonic was friends with a Dr. Kintobor and he had a snack from Kintobor's fridge while the docter was doing an experiment, Sonic took out a rotten egg and a chemical reaction turned Kintobor into Robotnik, (That's how the egg thing happened too.)

Posted by Linko_16

Robotnik.

XP

Posted by Corrupt

Haha, yeah... but still, the name sounds vaguely foreign to me, at least. Also, his middle name is "Ivo..." There's almost always a reason for a game character's name, and I wonder what the reason for his middle name is?

Posted by Lazy Guitar

Proffessor's a first name?

Posted by booyah719

No, Doctor Ivo Robotnik I think. That lore history is interesting Dark Kirby! I believe I'd only heard it's sort of like a beatnik (has to do with hippies or something), so Robotnik is negatively connotated in much the same way (because hippies suck).

Posted by Corrupt

Oh, yeah... I forgot about that. I had always assumed that "Ivo" was his middle name :P I guess it's just "Ivo Robotnik," then... still, it sure as hell is better than "Doctor Eggman." Pssh.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Dark Kirby: Robotnik was just a made up name, Kintobor backwards, according to the story, Sonic was friends with a Dr. Kintobor and he had a snack from Kintobor's fridge while the docter was doing an experiment, Sonic took out a rotten egg and a chemical reaction turned Kintobor into Robotnik, (That's how the egg thing happened too.)

wasnt that from the uk comics?

Posted by Tails

If I'm not mistaken, from what info I got from my Sonic 50th comic DX, Eggman's full name is (I can't spell well, so deal with it) "Julian Ivo Robotnik". But... yeah. I'm not too sure... That comic is kind of confusing...oh well.

Posted by Kit

Quoting bazariah: wasnt that from the uk comics?

It might have been, but I got it from a book called 'Sonic, the story.'